The top 5 video games that you played.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by bignick1693, Aug 22, 2011.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    It works in the movie thread so why not video games. So what are your fav 5?
    1.pokemon silver
    2. Zelda oracle of seasons and oracle of ages (I consider it a 2 part game)
    3. GTA 3
    4. DK country
    5. Uncharted 2.

Worthy meantions
    Metal gear solid 1,4, and peace walker
    Super Mario brothers 3 and world
    Gears of war series

2. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This... is more difficult then movies. BUT...

1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Perfect control, beautiful 2D art, one of the greatest soundtracks ever, a ton of secrets (over half the game is a secret), a ton of upgrades, items, armor and weapons to collect. No other game I've played comes this close to flawlessness.

2. Final Fantasy 6. May possibly be the game I've spent the most amount of time on. This was the true innovator of cinematic RPGs, and sacrificed none of the gameplay to do so. I could fill this list with RPGs, but I'm sticking to this one for varieties sake.

3. Super Mario World. I played this game so much I couldn't sleep because the music was burned into my skull.

4. Mass Effect 2- my favorite game of the current generation.

5. Super Metroid. Just another nearly flawless game I could play over and over. Everything about it, from the controls to the presentation to the exploring, was captivating.

I could make a list about 30 games long of honorable mentions, but these will do for now.

3. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

number 5: pokemon emerald. reason being is that i skipped ruby/sapphire/firered/leafgreen because for some reasoni didn't find pokemon fun anymore. but then i tried emerald OMFG did a 180 and was hooked on pokemon yet again and been going strong ever since.

number 4: resident evil 2, i used to have a fear of zombies, after renting (later buying) not only did i get over my fear of zombies, it introduced me into a new sense of adventure in video games.

number 3: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, while OoT was a great game, MM had more emotion to it that made me just cry tears of joy the entire experience.

number 2: Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, mostly because this was my first shooter i played that made me feel adventures, gun crazy (i have a gun collection) and sometimes spook out of seat fun.

Number 1: Metal Gear Solid 4. when your playing, its espionage epic fun, when the cinema hits, it hits with such awe that it puts everything hollywood has made in the last 10 years to shame. it hard for me to explain. it just felt like you were playing history unfolding in front of you as legendary character fights his last fight.

worthy mentions:
    the halo series, I recently got an original xbox and bought halo 1 and 2 and wow, just awesome that made me wish i got a xbox 10 years ago.

super mario 64: when i first played this at toys r us in 1996, it just look and felt like so much fun that made me think the future of game looks bright.

4. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    In no order

Halo CE- Broke the FPS mold
    Xenogears- The first RPG i put 100+ hrs into and made me tear up.Still some of the best music ever.
    Lunar- Got me into gaming on the Sega CD and hooked me.
    Disgaea- First strategy game i put 300+ hrs into
    KOTOR/Mass Effect/Early Bioware- Brought a whole new level of storytelling.

5. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    this is not in order

GTA San Andreas - PS2
    Matrix - Path of Neo - PS2
    GTA IV - PS3/PC
    Smugglers run - PS2
    Destruction Derby - PS1

6. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Battlefield 3 (I know it's not out yet, but I played the Alpha version and that already blew me away)
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - PS3
    Battlefield 2: Modern Combat - PS2
    Mass Effect 2 - PS3
    Uncharted 2 - PS3

*no set order

7. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

1. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    2. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    3. Mirror's Edge
    4. The Orange Box
    Tying for 5:
    Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All
    The World Ends With You

8. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Umm, I guess...
    5. Gundam: Battle Assault 2 (A rather strange pick, what with it being a somewhat stiff fighter, but this is one game that rarely bores me)
    4. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (I love the Castlevania series as a whole, but this one was the best imo)
    3. Pokemon D/P/Pt (After the very "Meh" GBA titles, Pokemon managed to pull me back in with the Sinnoh region)
    2. Portal (Generic Portal praise)
    1. Okami (Love this game so much)

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In no particular order:

Star Wars: KOTOR
    Fallout 3
    Portal 2
    GTA San Andreas
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Honorable mentions:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Mario Kart DS
    Turok: Evolution
    Oddworld

10. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    1.Final Fantasy III/VI
    2. Chrono trigger
    3. FF II/IV
    4. StarCraft
    5. GTA Vice City

11. WTDylio

WTDylio Where is Jessica Hyde?

News Credits:
    1. Mass Effect or Fable 2- 2 fantastic RPG's that I adore with a passion, ME may have a better story and better gameplay, but Fable 2 is just SOO charming with it's characters and it's pure Britishness, I just love to play on just so I can explore Albion
    2. Red Dead Redemption- Fantastic cinematic storytelling, also some fantastic characters. Like Fable 2, I love playing this game just to explore
    3. Mass Effect 2- Brilliant game, not as good as the first (though some will undoubtedly disagree) just that the story and some aspects of gameplay made it look like a completely different game to the first
    4. Portal 2- Great game, it may be simple in terms of cast and levels, but the 3 characters have more charm than probaly all of the characters in the rest of my top 5 combined
    5. Fable or Fallout- Fable has a great storyline, and some great bosses. I haven't yet completed Fallout 3, but from what i've played it does look pretty fantastic
    Special mention: The Halo series, has one of the best Stories in any game i've played, and the best multiplayer games out there imo
    Oh, and Fable 3 was close to making the list, I know some people hated it, but I loved it, but did feel as though it had lost some of the charm of the first 2

12. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HM. Zelda: Wind Waker - Having never played OoT to completion, I love this Zelda. The aesthetic is wonderful in motion and I like the increased emphasis on exploration.
    5. Batman: Arkham Asylum - Fantastic, fantastic game, with so much detail crammed into a perfectly designed world.
    4. Halo 3 - My favorite of the series. Tons of fun to play with others.
    3. Smash Bros. Brawl - It really is one of the most "complete" games of all time. There is just so much in this game, and all of it is pulled off incredibly well
    2. Super Mario 64 - A triumph of level design. While each subsequent game was great, I enjoy this one far and away more than those.
    1. Pokemon GSC / HGSS - incredibly immersive and has almost unlimited replay value. Gem of the series by far.

13. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

For me personally,
    5. Billy hatcher and the giant egg
    4. Pokemon black and White
    3. Golden sun dark dawn
    2. Batman arkham asylum
    1. Resident evil 4

14. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios everything u like is dumb

Ugh, I don't know that I can keep it to just 5...

1. Elders Scrolls III: Morrowind - I have never been so immersed in a game world. The world does not feel like it was "built" by developers; it seems organic, like it somehow created itself. I started out as this pathetic chump that couldn't hit a rat with my sword, had to run away from many, many creatures, and was often terrified to enter new dungeons. By the end of it, I was a force to be reckoned with; capable of leaping over a town in a single jump, killing gods, and knowing every nook and corner of the giant map like the back of my hand.

2. Final Fantasies - Fuck it, I'm putting all the FFs here: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13 can all go here for the amount of enjoyment I've had from them. Many of these I consider myself a master of, no longer needing a strategy guide to remember what to do or where to find a specific item/weapon/summon.

3. Halo 2 - Got me into competetive multiplayer shooters, and provided me with endless fun playing system link with friends.

4. Red Dead Redemption - The music, the world, the story, the ending, the multiplayer, all of it makes for a wonderful game that I gladly put endless time into.

5. Metroid Fusion - I love most of the Metroid games, but this one might be my favorite. It kept the style of Super Metroid but added enough different aspects to really evolve it beyond what was considered to be "Metroid".

I feel bad leaving certain games off this list, but if I start a "runners up" list, it will never end.

15. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

MGS series knocks out my top 5 really quick.