The top 3 worst Optimus primes

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ladiesman217643, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Ladiesman217643

Ladiesman217643 Well-Known Member

There's been many different forms of Prime over the years, so what are the top three WORST Character and/or toy forms of Optimus Prime or Nemesis prime (primal doesn't count to me) ever? you can put honorable mentions

Mine are:
    1. Armada Prime (toy form) hes a brick
    2. Energon Prime (character/toy form) HES A F***ING MEGAZORD!!!
    3. Animated Prime (character) hes not very "primey" and the only prime that pulls of a mouth is Movie-verse

2. xion14

xion14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like all of the Unicron Trilogy ones. Well I guess I don't like:

1. Movie 1 Optimus since it's bulked and quite physically off. But still fun.
    2. Go Bots Optimus cause he's a go bot. I guess?
    3. Edit: Oh Supreme animated Prime.

3. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    energon prime and the armada prime with a trailer , cant think of anything else unless you want me to list all the "bumperbot" or kids meal style primes

not sure if serious...

4. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    My 3 worst Primes are the following:

1.Energon Prime by far the worst as he is so fat and those hideous vehicle limbs of his.
    2.I wouldn't say worst overall but Animated ROC Prime sucks compared to his Deluxe and Voyager size figs.
    3.Is probably ROTF Robot Replica's Prime (or whatever there called,the $10 statues),to me they were too jagged and dark as he** underneath the raised spots.

5. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    3:Transformers Generations Deluxe Cybertronian Optimus Prime (proportions are WAY off)
    2:Transformers Animated Supreme Rollout Optimus Prime (honestly, it makes me wonder how they managed to make it so big yet suck so much)
    1:Transformers Prime Deluxe Optimus Prime (proportions, similarity to on-screen transformation, and overall accuracy are all pretty bad)

6. FakeEyes22

FakeEyes22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First off, I love all Primes, even the dumb ones. The only Primes I'm not really into are lazy repaints, but then again who is?

Machine Wars Prime: He's actually pretty cool for a G1/G2 style toy, but like the Go Bots Prime, he is a lie. They even painted a mouthplate on the box art!

Energon Prime: I actually warmed up to the main bot, despite the fatty complaints, but the early U.S. version had a pretty dumb looking mouth. Then there's the awkward rhombus trailer. The Super Robot was even kind of cool but the very useless, sub-PCC drones were not.

Armada Prime: Big on ambition, low on successful execution. I like the look of the cab robot, so I'm really glad it got redone as bendy Prime. The design itself is one of Prime's more iconic looks.

Odd Honorable Mentions:

Galaxy Force Prime: This is a cool figure. I was thrilled by the first images of it, it appealed to my then love of Gundam as well as Transformers and the toy does not disappoint. Meanwhile, of all my Primes and Primals(nearly every mold released) he's probably the one I've touched the least and I have no idea why.

Revoltech G1 Prime: I'm sure he is awesome in-hand, but I don't have him and for some reason Pat Lee's Transformer art style evolved into something I wasn't personally into, so this Prime looks like he's made out of balloons to me.

Whichever Robot Heroes PVC Prime had 2 left hands: I don't remember which one, but he really sucks considering the lengths I went to scouring all of the local drug stores trying to find these jerks.

7. Galvatim

Galvatim Member

1. Energon TRU 2pk Prime- Mostly cause he looks awful combined with the other deluxes. I'm not a huge fan of the leader class either, but at least he looks good combined with Wing Saber.
    2. 2007 Movie Legends Prime- The tiny back end in vehicle mode looks stupid, and the robot mode has those weird curled in hands... not to mention the bad paint job...
    3. Animated Supreme Prime- Too gimmicky! The toy basically transforms itself... Given how cool the deluxe and voyager versions are, this guy's just a disappointment.

G2 Gobots Prime and Ehobby Orion Pax are weak ones too. Hasbro is really better off not trying to just redeco a toy into Prime. Machine Wars Prime kind of works as Orion Pax/Pre-Matrix Optimus though.

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    1. Energon Prime
    2. Animated Supreme Prime
    3. DLX Classics Prime

9. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Animated Supreme Prime - Costs more money yet worse than the Voyager...not sure why kids would want a giant derp Prime

2. DOTM Ultimate Optimus Prime - Wings don't even look like wings, looks like shit without the add-ons

3. Classics Deluxe Prime. Alt mode ruins it.

10. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Armada, Energon, and WFC Prime.

11. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

1. Energon Power Ranger Prime
    2. Generation 2 Go-Bots Optimus Prime
    3. Machine Wars Optimus Prime

12. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Classics DLX Optimus Prime (ugly truck mode)
    Robotmasters Convoy (not the best in truck mode)
    Armada DLX Optimus Prime (never liked the mold, never liked the gimmick)

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

Machine Wars Optimus Prime: Never meant to be Optimus Prime to begin with and it shows. Plus he's a neutered version of Turbomaster Thunder Clash and that's terrible.
    Energon Optimus Prime: A fatty. I think we've all agreed on this.
    Classics 2-pack Optimus Prime: ...yeah.

14. JazzBot95

JazzBot95 Well-Known Member

1) The Optimus Minifig that came with Stratosphere
    2) Supreme/ROC Animated Prime
    3) Ultimate DOTM Optimus Prime

Energon Prime's a fatty but he's nice if you have Wing Saber at least (Guilty pleasure anyway)

15. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

1. Actionmaster Prime by itself - Absolutely unposable, boring, and can't transform, needs the trailer to boost its asscrap status.

2. Energon Prime by itself - Eating chips and big burgers everyday hmmm...

3. Animated Supreme Prime - Big but useless.

Other nominees:

Armada big Prime - The legs kills him but I do like his individual bot mode and the base isn't that bad, could be fun for kids.

Original G1 Prime - sorry but once you have the T.H.S, MP or Igear downsized versions, they are gonna own him real bad. But still decent at least, good collector's item.

Classics Deluxe Prime - Ugly alt. mode but makes it up with a very show-accurate bot mode.

16. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    1. Machine Wars Optimus Prime
    2. Animated Supreme Optimus Prime
    3. Deluxe Classics Optimus Prime

17. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    . Energon Optimus Prime (though if you add Wing Saber it brings up the grading curve)

. Machine Wars Prime (originally Thunderclash, as others said. Looks a bit like what you get if Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus had a baby.)

. Universe Spychanger RiD Optimus Prime (the tiny yellow fire truck with no heels)

A lot of people are down on the Supreme Animated Prime, and it is pretty bad as figure I'll agree, but I find the gimmicky stuff entertaining. I love the little "haHA!" that gets peppered in with the arm punch and axe noises, and him yelling "My name is Optimus Prime!" seemed totally inane ... UNTIL the final episode of the show. Now it's extra awesome gravy.

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    No they didn't, it's G2 Laser Prime's box art. they chopped off his shoulders and got rid of his chest windows, then recolored the whole thing.

19. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

1. Energon Optimus - Crappy vehicle mode, the robot mode sucks and the super mode is a Megazord ripoff.

2. Classics Ultimate Battle Optimus - would have be somewhat decent if not for the awful vehicle mode and useless punching gimmick.

3. G2 Gobots Optimus - Optimus as a Gobots Sideswipe repaint? No thanks.

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Um... this is the toy forums so shouldn't this be based on their toys only and not the character? My top 3 worst Optimus Primes toys are completely different than my top 3 worst Optimus Prime charaters.

Characters
    Armada Optimus Prime because he came off as a villain rather a hero. It was Galvatron who ended up saving everyone from Unicron not Optimus Prime. And that idiot could never get anyone's name right. As for the toy being a brick... only in combined more. The cab itself is oddly well articulated for it's design.

RID Optimus Prime because he, not as much as Megatron in that series, spent allot of time sitting at his base not doing anything. I really like the toy though.

Animated Optimus Prime because he seemed a little TOO young to be Optimus Prime. I mean there's a difference between a young Optimus Prime and Orian Pax. One is an inexperienced leader and the other isn't a leader at all. To put it a better way his characterization would of been better if played out like the War for Cybertron game or Beast Wars Primal. The way he was just reminded way more of Orian Pax's characterization from the G1 cartoon. Yeah they're the same character but I guess what I'm saying is they made him TOO young a leader. This one is more of a minor nit pick compared to the other two because I still like the character, I just don't see him as Optimus Prime.

Now for worst 3 toys...

Deluxe Beast Machines Primal because he's uglier than his animation model. If he's not going to be screen accurate anyway they could at least make him look cooler than the actual design.

Energon Optimus Prime oddly enough NOT because he's a Megazord but because he's fat and his combined form with Omega Supreme is just Omega Supreme with a really tiny Optimus Prime head.

Protoform Optimus Prime because it really needs a more Optimus Prime paint job. He looks like Ultra Magnus. I actually wanted to get two of them so I could paint one of them but he sold out faster than Starscream did and I only ever managed to get the one.