The Thirteen: Who Are Yours

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, May 18, 2016.

?

Who Are Your Preferred Ancient Transformers?

1. Multiverse 13

14 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. Aligned 13

22 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. IDW 13

22 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Guiding Hand

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  5. Other...

15 vote(s)
    15.2%
  6. None...

22 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    nice, i may very well do the same haha, what did yours come out to out of curiosity?

• Like Like x 1
  2. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    It came out to $50 and change with the coupon. That was the cheapest Listing for a complete figure I found. Prices really jump up after that. I considered going for a cheaper listing but it looked like it’d be a hassle trying to find some of the missing parts.

I also ordered a scythe accessory maybe use with him or Logos.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

News Credits:
    good to know. i found an undersized ko (about 7.5") that im considering that is about $40

• Like Like x 1
  4. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    The prices had me trying to look up KOs of that guy too, because I knew they existed, but I couldn’t find anything. lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    even the kos are pricey it seems haha

• Like Like x 1
  6. WereDragon EX

WereDragon EX Well-Known Member

Why not just use one of the RiD Megatronus toys, such as the big 3 step changer for Megatronus?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    because i dont much care for that design, it doesnt really look all that good with other figures im going to repurpose and the 3 step changer is pretty ugly. plus the jia qi figure has a pretty good likeness to megatronus from the machinima cartoons

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I think I came up with an odd choice for my Quintus Prime that kind of makes sense, at least to me. Basically I’m thinking of using Animated Blitzwing for Quintus. The reasoning being that Blitzwing has a connection to the Quintessons through the Overcharges, and that mold has the rotating faces just as the Quintessons do.

• Like Like x 2
  9. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I can understand that reasoning...

10. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    It seemed to be more convoluted in my head than when I wrote it out.

Even the headconon I came up for him, surviving execution at the hands of his Quintessons creations and transferring his spark into an Overcharge body, isn’t complicated.

lol Actually, now I almost want to think of Blitzwing himself as a reincarnation of Quintus.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That is not too much of a stretch...

12. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Anything but the multiverse singularity. Short version, it's utter nonsense. Long version keep reading to be totally confused.

The idea of the singularity suggests that every iteration in every universe is the same but that's obviously wrong.

When the 13 were originally introduced they were not all Primes. There's also other characters who have been said to be part of the 13 in different continuities.

Just as an example, Beta or Beta Maxx is a male Mini-con in one universe and a female full sized transformer in another. There's also Safeguard who really should of been the first Mini-con instead of Beta Maxx or Micronus.

Not only do members seem to change but also the number of members since in the live action continuity there were only 7 Primes not 13.

Then there's the fact that Shattered Glass exists with evil versions of Optimus Prime and Alpha Trion and if they're singularities in every universe then there can't be evil counterparts.

The whole idea of any character or group of characters to be a singularity that exists in every continuity would require that characters or characters to look and behave exactly the same way with the exact same history in every universe. The fact that there are inconsistencies with multiple different iterations of their story means that they can't be the same.

The only thing that sets a universal singularity apart from any other character is that there are not other versions of that character, they are literally the same character in every universe.

I actually made a character like this myself, Universalman, who unlike every character in my multiverse with multiple different iterations of the same character. Just as an example main universe Donald James Hansen is a super hero known as Neptune. In another universe he never got his powers and took over as the second Mallardman after his dad retired. In another universe he followed the same path as one of his clones and became Gothic Sword. In another universe he's a scientist and super heroes don't really exist in this universe because they've never seen conflict, they have no use for heroes. In another universe he's a powerful Psychic sharing a body with Devin Onrefni. His own body in that universe is stuck in a coma and body jumping is a common thing for patients who don't have access to their own bodies in that universe. There's also a universe where he was taught to use magic where he's known as Lord Imperial and Lord Vestereo. (He was magically split in two with all his good personality traits going to Imperial and his bad personality traits going into Vestereo.) There's also a mirrior universe where he's a villain known as Poseidon. A universe where he became the Claw (In the main universe he made a serum to give himself powers of animals but never actually took it himself) I could go on and on point is there are all these different Earths with different histories that caused this characters life to go in vastly different directions. Universalman however, there is only one version of him and he's literally the same guy in every universe with the same history, same personality, same powers, everything about him is the same and he's the only character like this.

I have another character who can travel between different universes and he some times meets alternate versions of himself. But Universalman doesn't actually travel he exists everywhere at once. It kinda looks like he's teleporting to mortals because we can't comprehend a being that exists everywhere at the same time but he never actually moves. It could also appear as if he's multiplying himself but really this again is an illusion caused by the fact that his powers are incomprehensible to mortals. We're trying to dumb it down to something we can actually understand. Anyway, he's the only one of his kind, a multiverse singularity who unlike every other character is always presented the exact same way in every universe.

Oh yeah, there are also several universes in which Donald James Hansen doesn't exist at all because he was never born but Universalman exists in every universe, in every time, on every planet, the only being in the multivese capable of existing everywhere threw out all space and time in the multiverse.

The concept of this happening in Transformers is utter nonsense. It's a pretty nonsensical concept to begin with mind you cause realistically it's totally impossible. Two things can not occupy the same physical space at the same time, and this concept kind or requires that to be possible or some other work around to explain why it's not a requirement. Then there's the simple fact that while a universal singularity might exist that other characters they interact with are not singularities. This means that Optimus leading the Autobots in one universe giving an order to Jazz would be giving the same order to Jazz in every other universe in which that character exists and universes where there is no Jazz the Autobots would just be staring at him in confusion wandering who the hell he's talking to. You then have to explain away how he is able to act one way in one universe while acting another way in another universe if they're both suppose to be the same character. Finally there's how he looks.

Donald James Hansen basically is the same in every universe in which he exists. DNA is the same, just his history and life styles are different. Well except that one universe where he isn't inhabiting his own body. Anyway, his cloths and hair style can change from one universe to the next. Universalman however always looks the same because he is the same regardless of what universe you meet him in.

This would mean that in order for Optimus Prime to be a singularity that he would always have to appear the same in every universe as well. When he takes an Earth mode in 1984 in G1 he would be taking that same Earth mode in 84 of every other universe as well. The fact that a divergent path exists where one version of a character obviously has a different history to another means they're not the same character. Calling them a singularity suggests that they are the same character. If they're the same then their histories are the same and if his history is the same then every Optimus Prime is and has always been a 1984 flat nose truck. That's obviously not true as there are versions of him with a long nose, different versions have gone to Earth at different periods in history so it's not always 1984, hell we can't even get his name right. (Orion Pax, Optronix, or Simply Optimus without the word Prime.)

For a guy that is suppose to be a singularity in every universe, his history is never freaking consistent in any way. The same goes for every other so called singularity.

There's also an issue with the fact that they stopped being singularities with the introduction of Aligned except that means there is now this one universe where they aren't the same character as in every other universe except then they can't be singularities at all since to be such would require Aligned to be included as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1526443049329394090866.jpg

So I got Vector Prime in the mail today. That knocks of Vector and Micronus of the list.

Others I'm thinking about to represent the 13 Primes:

Alchemist: AoE Voyager Hound
    Liege Maximo: TLK Voyager Megatron
    Megatronus: Either AoE Galvatron of SS Megatron. Leaning more towards SS Megatron
    Solus: Thinking about TR Arcee (maybe getting the Dr. Wu pink hammer to make the point better)
    Amalgamous: Thinking about RiD 2001 Galvatron (white one)
    Quintus: TLK Quintessa maybe? Also thought about getting Alpha Quintesson.
    Nexus: thinking about TLK Infernocus, T30 Centuritron or maybe some random CW/POTP Combiner
    Onyx: either AoE Voyager Grimlock or the Construct Bots Dinofire Grimlock.

Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 3
  14. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anyone know a good place to get Vector Prime?

• Like Like x 1
  15. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got mine loose from ebay.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Fenrys

News Credits:
    my megatronus and liege maximo should show up today!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let us know how they are, interested in the figures for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Fenrys

News Credits:
    definitely! and my silver knight optimus ko for prima should be in in a couple days, still undecided on a few of my 13, but theyre coming along nicely

• Like Like x 1
  19. IceConvoy

IceConvoy Jikuu Keiji

News Credits:
    I ended up bumping Logos from my 13 down to a secondary group of Primes, because I came up with a backstory for him where he didn’t really fit with the 13 despite still being their contemporary. I’ll probably post that list of “Lesser /Other Primes” when I get it figured out.

In Logos’ place I added Optimus/The Arisen back into the 13 using either the Beast Hunters Optimus or the Classics Optimus with the recent TFX-06 red armor from Fansproject. Still deciding on which.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Interested to see your lesser primes

• Like Like x 1