The "Things people should ask Hasbro at conventions" thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    So, obviously a toy adaption of my "Things people should ask the producers at conventions" thread from the Prime forum.

What are you thinking when you design the Powerizer weapons?

2. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pretty much all of this and
    15. Y U SO MAD AT THIRD PARTY HASBRO?
    16. Why the immediate change of heart at Prime First Editions not being released in the US?

3. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will you PLEASE lay off Bumblebee! There are other characters out there.

When you do use Bumblebee again will you PLEASE let HIM TALK NORMALLY?!

4. jru42287

jru42287 With great power...

News Credits:
    "Why would you cancel the most sought after figures from DotM?"
    "Why haven't you learned from Iron Man 2 and all of the Bumblebees that the most prominent characters aren't always the most popular toys?"

And pretty much whatever else the guys above me said.

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    In all seriousness and with genuine curiosity, I'd like to ask them the process they go through in deciding the Bumblebee case assortments. I'd want to hear how the designers feel about designing so many BBs, how marketing handles pitching the idea to retailers (or is the retailers asking for BB?), and how they would improve the case assortments or keep it the same. I would not approach them with the attitude of "Fuckshit Hasblow, y so mani Bees, ehhh?!"

Also, seriously guys, don't ask the 3rd party questions. Seriously. Nothing good is going to come out of asking the people who just banned 3rd party figures to consider hiring FansProject. Let's go one year with without dropping that ball.

6. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    All this!!!!

7. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

yeah agree with drop the 3rd party questions, people on both sides already forced hasbro's hands to take the hardliner approach, so mission accomplished, just drop it already.

other than that, the fing beeeees/short packs, canceled mostly superior FE line in favor of the uglier rid line, and stupid ass-weapons of prime voyagers.

8. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Genuinely speaking, with no fanrage... It's awfully foolish of them to have banned 3P toys... KOs I can see, but original molds with no faction symbol & different names? I don't see a reason not to ask them. I also don't see a reason not to ask for them to open an online market only collectors-geared branch of the franchise, that in turn could cause them to put Fansproject, TFC Toys, Maketoys, etc... To good use.. Not just throwing us the MP bone every once in a while (which Takara seems to do more than Hasbro).

9. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Because it is genuinely a lost cause. The question has been asked before at numerous conventions and it's apparent now that Hasbro does not want to hear it. At all. The more we push them the more they'll take away.

I think it's an awesome question to ask Hasbro, but again, leave out the 3rd party companies. Hasbro will never reach out to someone they are trying to destroy. And besides that, HasTak already have designers that we've never really seen the full potential for. I'd LOVE to see what a HasTak designer could do with minimal child safety laws to satisfy.

10. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    There is so much wrong with the sentence it makes me want to bleed out my ears. and if that offends you, GOOD! because then focus that offense on how Hasbro must feel everytime you post something like that.

In regards to REALISTIC questions. Yes I would love to know the reasoning behind the mechtech weapons and how we can politly ask them to "go away"/

11. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How about instead od hiring a 3rd party, just do the stuff themselves so the 3rd parties will be out of work.

12. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Funny, I'm not really too offended by it. Hasbro gets my (and other 3P fans') money regardless. You think they actually care about a market that's ONLY towards adult collectors, who they've made clear many times aren't in their targeted age group? Had they beat 3P companies to the punch of opening up their own small branch geared towards the adult/young adult community, then I can see why they'd be so butt hurt about 3P companies. Realistically speaking, 3P does very little damage to their sales.

13. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Either would be fantastic IMO. 3rd party seems to be the only thing showing us adult fans the love.. Be it enhancements, or full on figures.

14. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Instead of turning this into that 3rd party debate we're all familiar with, how CAN we ask the question in a positive manner? How can we get the point across that adult collectors have a need for products like TFC Hercules, we're okay with paying premium prices for low run figures, and we're open to the idea of having a year round collector's store (something different from TFCC)?

This should be the argument.

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Since you've banned third party offerings from BotCon, will you be going after your stolen IP on the part of customizers and their eBay auctions next?

16. Matty

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh snap ... I'm gonna have to reverse my thoughts on avoiding 3rd party questions entirely because I'd like to see their response to this.

17. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Do you realize there are more bumblebee toys than there are actual children that buy/receive said toys?

18. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    No, there are more Bumblebee toys than children. Period.

19. Primal Sabbath

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That is a question I'd love to hear answered next. We have some badass customizers in the Radicons section who normally sell their work. I'd hate to see that go under, too.

Considering we have to walk on eggshells while asking the question doesn't make it any easier. Obviously we wouldn't just pull the battering ram out.
    I think "With recent 3rd Party companies selling Hasbro based figures at premium prices, and selling them well... Will Hasbro ever plan on opening a market for higher-end, premium priced transformers that they produce to please their adult fans to counteract the actions of companies who have stolen their IP?" might be a decent way of wording it.

20. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1. Do you feel that Fun Pub is worthy of keeping their license given their long term missmanagement of their online pressence coupled by their recent...well..fuckups?
    2. How much money did Hasbro make from the movies?
    3. Considdering that we have an abundance of Bumblefucks shelfwarming, do you feel like the Bumblefucks market is oversaturated thereby overrating Bumblebees popularity, and will you do something about it?
    4. There have been more Bumblebees released than there have been classic deluxes these last five years, what is your reaction to that?
    5. What are you doing right now to solve the distribution problems?
    6. Why are there no individual barcodes on the packaging instead of just size classes? Surely this data could be used to sell more product.
    7. Are you done with classics? Is it now just going to be a placeholder for whatever you want to release going forward, or will you commit to actually finish of the original g1 cast?
    8. Will you revisit the Classic molds that a majority of the fandom thinks are god awful? (grimlock, galvatron, etc)
    9. Do you make a distinction between KO companies and third parties? How and why?
    10. One of the main reasons why third parties exist is because you guys are not putting in enough effort into what the fans want, what is your response to this?
    11. Given the recent success of Generations, do you see the value of building a toyline long term as opposed to ditching a toyline after a few months or a year? (G1 & Moveiverse) and if so, how do you intend to capitalize on this?
    12. Enough stalling allready - It has been 27 fucking years. When will we get an Arcee that turns into a car and an official release of Alpha Trion?
    13. Why enforce copyrights and protect IP if it's IP that you aren't using?
    14. Shrinking toys in order to sell them at the same price I get, selling toys of the old size at a slightly higher price I get...but how do you explain selling smaller toys at a higher price point?