the theme songs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by decepticon665, Aug 14, 2007.

1. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

trying to get together a list of every version of the tf theme.here's what i have so far:

g1,season 1/2
    g1,season 3/4
    lion,the 1986 film(my favorite)
    dropbox,the ps2 armada game(can't get a copy anywhere...)
    beast wars theme(superior guitar riffs)
    phat planet,by leftfield
    the ghoulunatics version
    the black lab version(love their version already)
    the mutemath version(hated it)
    stan bush & vince dicola's,from the 20th anniversary soundtrack
    the respective themes of rid and a/e/c
    the version in the tf:animated preview

did i miss any?
    did you ?

2. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

You're missing all of the Japanese music, bro, plus the foreign-language versions of the G1 themes (like French). Check out this site for resources.

3. decepticon665

i kind of intentionally left out the foreign stuff,as there is so much of it and often so hard to find.thanks for noting it,at any rate.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Off the top of my head there's also three other versions in the PS2 Armada game - one by Brown Hornet, one by the band who performed "Wishbone" the promo song, and an orchestral "grand" arrangement that sounds suitably epic and plays during the final mission select screen.
    Also I think there may be a commercial remix that started being used around RiD, it's not dissimilar to the Energon theme but the instrumentation was better.

Also, you've only got one G1 theme listed, there's the instrumental from the end credits of both seasons and a second version for each of the first seasons (season 1 had the "traditional" theme, season 2 had the "techno remix")

I think that covers it all unless you count "Gimme Fuel Gimme Fire" from the Botcon Animated preview.

5. decepticon665

what was that last one?

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    It was played during the sizzle that we saw at the Botcon presentation. Pretty decent song, the last part was synched with Animated Optimus' lips which got a laugh out of the room.

I can't elaborate more since nobody was allowed to make recordings of that presentation. It might go on the DVD though - there were official cameras set up there.

There's also a few other commercial themes I forgot - "Beyond anything you have ever seen" a rendition used mainly for the Monster Pretenders and other toys of that era, and also a remix of the TF theme in the season 2 style but redubbed to add the then-current catchline "More Much More than Meets the Eye". I think that mix was used on the Powermaster era onwards.

Also, although mainly musical, there was also a theme for Transformers Generation 2.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007