The Theme Parks Thread (disney, universal, six flags, etc)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaastra, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Look at complete star wars land from d23.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I was at D23 Yesterday as well, cosplaying as a Jedi Knight. It was really cool getting to see the some of the things that will be in the land, outside of the general info we've heard for the past year already.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Best and scariest drop ride you've ever been on?

For me it will always be Knotts Parachute ride.
    It may not be very tall compared to giants like Lex Luthor or Zumanjaro and it may have had an innocent, cutesy theme, but it packed a wallop. A stand up drop ride with no restraints and naught but the bars of the basket to hold onto, is nothing to sneeze at in terms of thrills. I miss it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Minimus Secondary

Minimus Secondary Well-Known Member

One time! One time is all it took for me to not go on it again. The stand up, no-restraint, drop combo was too much of a thrill for my (then) young mind to enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gaastra

News Credits:
    Mickey ride replacing great movie ride.

Star wars land is called galaxy edge.

Tron coaster coming to Disneyworld

Marvelland confirmed for Disneyland and gotg replacing ellen ride at epcot in Disneyworld.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Ellen had a ride? Never saw it, but then again I never really cared for Epcot.

Sad to see the Great Movie Ride go, but at the same time, I went in June, and man the crowd was dead during it and I felt terrible for the actress having to prod us into clapping. It's probably for the best.

I would like the Turner Classic stuff to stay on somewhere, I always enjoyed watching it. Really interesting stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chopperface

News Credits:

So cool to hear the voices in person. Especially Corey Burton, as I've heard he's more than happy staying behind the scenes. Also Fred Tatasciore does a damn good Vader.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    thanks for sharing the D23, I couldn't go to it

9. Gaastra

News Credits:

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funny that you mentioned Epcot, I really don't like it either compared to the Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studies

11. Chopperface

News Credits:
    The problem is that when me and my family first went to Epcot, we didn't really know which way to go, so we just trekked around the whole "world" and got tired, hot, hungry, and cranky. And we didn't find anything there of note even on latter, more well thought out trips. This year when we went, we skipped Epcot entirely in favor of the other three parks.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Gaastra

News Credits:
    Toon lagoon at universal tour.

Marvel island

• Like Like x 1
  13. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Is it really true that they're thinking of scrapping Viper this year? That would make me so sad. :(  I just love Arrow coasters.

14. gil

gil Godmaster

I just read they're getting rid of the Dragon Challenge at Universal in September. I'm a little saddened because I like these faster rides and it's one of the few at Disney/Universal. I'll probably never get to go to Six Flags or places like that. Most of the people I travel with don't care for the bigger coasters so I'm not going to force them to go just for my enjoyment. And I'm not going by myself, haha. Hopefully it's replaced by another fast coaster, but the discription says it's fun for the whole family, so I'm thinking another dark ride coaster. I'm glad I got to ride the dragons at least once in my life.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Sad, but I can see why - Arrow Coasters like viper are old and frankly uncomfortable sometimes. Hell, the last one I rode - Vortex at Kings Island - I got violently sick for some inexplicable reason while the train sat on the brake run right outside the station. Maybe it was because I didn't give myself enough time between coasters (Diamondback, Beast, and Stuntlot were the only rides I'd ridden that day before Vortex, all within two hours of entering the park), but Vortex is not a smooth ride. And since it's a quntissential Arrow Corckscrew type, I have to imagine the others are not in any better condition.

Oh yeah, Dueling Dragons was badass...when they fucking ran it right. I was pissed when I heard they stopped running the coasters simultaneously, which was bullshit all because people kept throwing things at each other at the 'battle' points. Shoulda made the staff do their job and ensure people didn't have that loose crap to begin with instead of having to mess with the damn ride pattern, since even the transfer tracks are built to only transfer two trains at once. In effect, despite being two 'seperate' coasters, it was only ever designed to run in tandem.

At the same time, they did honestly shoehorn in the Dragon coasters to Harry Potter so they've never 'truly' fit in with the more family oriented nature of the sub-park. While they should replace Dragons with a new coaster that fills in the role of a white-knuckle thrill ride (Gringotts vault coaster?), at the same time family coasters seem to be the big thing given how Disney's been killing it with the Snow White mine coaster and soon the Slinky Dog Track launch coaster for Toy Story land.

16. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm going on a cruise to California with my family. My parents just offered me a day in Universal studios. I'm just thinking if I should take it. I could ride the Transformers Ride and the Simpsons Ride multiple times, and I can make my sister (Since she is not going) green with envy because I can have my picture taken at Harry Potter land and I can bring back some Harry Potter Candy for my coworkers. I'm also thinking if I should bring back a souvenir from the Transformers Ride.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Hate-triot

Hate-triot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can get a lot more done in a day of Universal than you'd think, definitely take it.
    I'd recommend getting the Evac figure from Transformers if you could since that figure is limited to the parks. However the prices for toys my scare you, they'd make a Canadian collector blush.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I did get 3 Evacs my first visit to the Transformers Ride, don't remember where I left 2 of them. Thinking about either another to sell at my local Swap meet or a Universal Studios Snarl if grey color.

I'm also trying to figure out Harry Potter Candy prices for 5 to 7 of my coworkers.

19. Gaastra

News Credits:
    Universal walkthrough stream.

It's that end of road for great movie ride next week or so. Goodbye gmr.

Mob version.

Cowboy version.

20. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    If I choose to go to Universal Studios, the schedule will be like this.

Ride the Transformers Ride 10 times
    Ride the Simpsons Ride 3 times
    1 Ride of the Despicable me Ride
    1 Ride of the Studio Tour
    Walk through Wizarding World of Harry Potter
    Buy a few souvenirs for myself and some Harry Potter Candy for my Coworkers.

I was thinking of a few Chocolate Frogs, but can anyone recommend any other Harry Potter Candy? I don't feel safe giving them Every Flavor Beans though.

Edit: My mom just told me I could get my sister something from Wizarding World of Harry Potter for Christmas. She suggested one of those Wands or something. How much are those Wands?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017