The Theme Parks Thread (disney, universal, six flags, etc)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaastra, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Gaastra

News Credits:
  3. Gaastra

News Credits:
  4. Gaastra

News Credits:
  5. bookwormdalek

bookwormdalek Gotta get a grip

News Credits:
    Universal Florida is my favorite. Then again, I've never been to any non Florida theme park.

6. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Home - York's Wild Kingdom

York's Wild Kingdom in York Beach Maine. Its a smaller park with more kid centric rides ( its basiclly in between 2 of Maine's most popular beaches in the same town)

It has an AMAZING zoo- they are part of the WWF Repopulation program - they are a part of the Bengal Tiger repopulation program as well as the African Lion program

Animals at Our Zoo - York's Wild Kingdom

can't post youtube vids at work so later

7. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you love, roller coasters, Cedar Point is the place to go. I don't think there's a place you can stand in the park without a roller coaster in view, and they're all pretty good, judged on their own merits. For example, while the Corkscrew seems rather tame now, it was the first coaster to go upside-down 3 times, and does so over a midway. The only one I won't ride again (probably) is Mean Streak. I was on the first train out on opening day when it premiered, and it was OK for the first couple of years, but since then, it's become more and more jerky. I haven't been up there since Maverick and Gatekeeper opened, but imagine they also meet CP's high standards.

8. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I've only been to Elitch (however it's spelled) Gardens in Colorado and the Six Flags in Illinois. Aside from those, I've only been to Florida parks. Unfortunately, once you go a million times, they get really boring until something new comes out and I'm gonna have to wait a couple years for Britain to flood Harry Potter world before I can get in :lol 

9. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Magic Mountain is my favorite, but I also really loved Bush Gardens in FL the one time I went.

10. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Gatekeeper is really really good. At least in my opinion. Lots of fun. Cedar Point rules. I miss Geauga Lake :( 

11. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I'll second Cedar Point. THE best operating Theme park in Ohio. (RIP, Geauga Lake)
    Been there three or four times. Last time I was there I rode the Millenium force and the Raptor (I loved the Millenium Force in spite of my Acrophobia... The Raptor, not so much) Along with the Maxair (On which I swore worse than the kids of South Park) the Windseeker, and the Wicked Twister. I've also ridden the Corkscrew (I won't do it again... line's too long for as short of a ride as it is), The Maverick (My Favorite coaster at the park), The Iron Dragon (My SECOND favorite coaster at the park), The Gemini (my Third favorite coaster at the park), The Blue Streak, the Cedar Creek Mine Ride, The Magnum XL-200 (Fourth Favorite), The Mean Streak (You couldn't get me to ride that rickety piece of shit again even if you paid for my entire day at the park) and The Woodstock Express.
    There are a total of four Roller Coasters at that park I haven't ridden: The Mantis, The Wilderness Run, The Gatekeeper, and the Top Thrill Dragster (I won't stand in that long-ass line for that twelve-second ride). If I ever manage to go to Cedar Point again, I'm hoping to hit the Gate Keeper and the Mantis, at least.

I've been to Kings Island Once and it was before Paramount sold the park to Cedar Fairs (The amusement company that owns Cedar Point and Wildwater Kingdom). The park was okay, but some of the really neat attractions I was hoping to ride were closed (I never got to ride Tomb Raider before Cedar Fairs re-themed it :(  ) my family managed to get me to go up on that 1/3rd scale replica of the Eiffel tower... (Can I stress how much I hate heights, because I really do) The most fun part of that trip was the Scooby-Doo Ride (now called Boo Blasters) and the Spongebob motion-simulator ride.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  12. KnightSaberAmi

KnightSaberAmi Nyan Nyan

I've been to many, many parks but I consider Busch Gardens Williamsburg to be my home park. The park itself isn't huge but it's a good size. I mean when Apollo's Chariot opened, Fabio got his nose broken by a goose to the face. It was funny at the time. It's been a World Class Theme Park for many years but the two things I miss: the brewery tour and more recently, the Big Bad Wolf.

Busch Gardens Williamsburg Virginia Theme Park

13. ACMagnus

ACMagnus Phantom Thief

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Magic Mountai's my personal favorite. X2 is probably the most intense ride I've ever been on :lol 

14. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

I remember going to Geauga Lake at least four times before it closed.
    The first time was back when it was a Six Flags park. My dad had made such a big deal about going there during a trip with mom and had told me all about all the really cool roller coasters I couldn't yet ride (I was eight or nine) like the X-Flight. I remember mom did nothing but complain during the trip because dad rode all the cool roller coasters (including the Batman-themed one :(  ) and left me and my two sisters with her. We eventually took the ferry across to Sea World (our second visit to the former marine life park) and watched the end of the Batman-Themed water show at the ampitheater. We also got to see the Penguins and the Sea Lions. I wanted to visit the 4-D motion theater for the Pirates show that was being advertised, but it was closed.

The second time we went to Geauga lake, it was still a Six Flags park (I think). Dad was with his then-girlfriend and her family (having divorced Mom a year earlier) and we all crammed into the van and headed there. I don't remember much about this trip, aside from the fact that I still had a brace on my upper torso keeping my Collarbone together... I guess that kept me from riding anything.

The third time We went was right after Cedar Fairs had reacquired the park and had renamed it "Geauga Lake". I was tagging along with my sister's Girl Scout troop. I recall I made the decision to wear my big-ass Army coat onto the Rapids ride... big mistake. Spent much of the trip soaking wet. If I recall correctly, Cedar Fairs had also acquired Sea World at that point and had cordoned off much of the former marine life park for the development of Wildwater Kingdom. I remember seeing a Kettle Corn stand explode because the moron in charge of the stand disregarded the really loud hissing sound. Two seconds after we walked past the stand I hear this "Whump!" noise and the vendor is running for his life. As I recall, we ended up going on the Motion Simulator ride (at that point, it was Bermuda-Triangle-themed)

The final time I visited Geauga lake before its closure was with my sisters and Grandparents. I remember Grandma fussing over my sisters riding one of the suspended rollercoasters. At that point, the Ferry service over the lake had been discontinued (the ferry itself was laying on the edge of the water) , so at some point in the trip we ended up walking that long-ass trail on the edge of the lake between the two parks... in the heat... Grandma got mild heat exhaustion from the trek... stupid cedar fairs... My sisters and I got to enjoy the new Water Park. I think we ended up taking the tram back to Geauga Lake (for Grandma's sake) before heading home that day.
    All in all, I loved Geauga Lake, it was a quaint little theme park and it will be missed.

15. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't live far from Magic Mountain so yes I am going to say this plus I love their DC themed rides and stores I have a ton of DC themed stuff that people always ask me where did I get that from and I say why Magic Mountain my friend

16. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    my one problem with Florida the one time I took my choir there for championships was the damn humidity. We went to four Disney themed parks and Universal Studios Islands of Adventures oh my god it was HOT and humid (plus I was sick and didn't realize it at the time but I had pneumonia)
    It was so humid a thunderstorm started and lightning and rain and everyone is taking cover and who do I see playing out in the rain and lightning my kids, we all had the same shirts on and so I tried to hide mine as people were commenting on the stupid kids playing out in the rain and lightning

17. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    *high fives* my boyfriend went for the first time last year. he is a big DC fan, so when he got to all the giftshops in that area he said he was in heaven. I was in coaster heaven though, I introduced them to all my old favorites and got to intro myself to new favorites! Ninja, Viper, Colossus, Batman, Tatsu, Goliath, Gold Rusher! Hell yeah! :D 

Other great parks I really like, were Knotts Berry Farm, I prefer it over Disneyland as a family park because it's still freakin affordable, very fun, great rides has a great atmosphere and Snoopy and the gang! I love Snoopy.

My Top Favorite Rides from each park

Disneyland-Star Tours
    Knotts Berry Farm-the train, getting robbed was never so much fun, or funny!
    Magic Mountain-Viper, I don't care if it's older! It's still a great ride with great thrills and 7 awesome loops! Cobra Roll, Double Corkscrew, Triple Loops at different heights! Sign me up baby!
    Busch Gardens FL-ShiekRa-looking almost straight down from the front row was such a rush

My coaster wishlist; Gatekeeper, The Smiler, Kingda Ka, Nitro, Loch Ness Monster, X2, Silver Bullet, Kali River Rapids, Montu, Apollo's Chariot, Ravine Flyer, Kumba, aaand kinda sorta maaaybe Outlaw Run. I'm not sure I've got the guts to set foot on a wooden with inversions. I would say Manta at Sea World, but I feel really sorry for the poor animals that have to put up with that kinda noise day in and out.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Tfw when you've never been to Disney or Universal. ;_;

19. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    You poor, unfortunate soul.

20. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you do that they are a closing Colussus from Magic Mountain next month and will be tearing it down. I think it's a shame as it's kind of landmark to Magic Mountain, you see that big white wooden coaster and you know that's Magic Mountain, from the opening of Step by Step to Wally World of National Lampoon's Vacation