The TFW2005 DJ Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Starscream600, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Welcome to the TFW2005 DJ Thread! In here, we share tracks, mixes, upcoming gigs and lots of other good stuff. There is no specific genre for this thread, it can be Acid House to Vocal Trance. To set the ball rolling, intro yourself (which clubs you play at, your DJ name ect.) and also tell us your gear. I'll start first:

My name is Ryan and I go by the name, DJ Ra1n. I spin Happy Hardcore and UK Hardcore. But I sometimes do electro house, house and trance. I currently own 2 Pioneer CDJ-1000s, a Pioneer DJM-800 along with a Rane SL 1 and Pioneer HDJ-1000s (TF Custom-Mod).

Here's a pic of my setup:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  2. Starscream600

Anyway, continuing our discussion from the previous thread:

Deadmau5 spins dubstep too? I didn't know that... Anyway, he doesn't like to show his face does he? I wonder what he really looks like...

3. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah a little bit, but I don't think anything official yet. He shows his face more than you'd think... his costume is just a stage gimmick. here

4. Starscream600

He looks kinda familiar... He actually reminds me of tiesto... Anyway, you mix any music mate?

5. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    No, I don't, but I wish I did/could. I've always wanted to learn either with turntables or just a computer program of some kind. I think it'd be awesome.

6. Starscream600

I got one word for you mate: Virtual DJ

Download it and you can start mixing like a pro. I give you my word and a 1,000 Steller Cycle Warranty (excluding battle damage) [I love talking like swindle sometimes. :D )

So what do you think about Skrillex? He does Electro house and dubstep too.

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Hi, my name is Dennis and my DJ Name is Murasame. I play Hardtechno, Hardcore and Techno. I play only analog using Vinyl. I have some cheap Turnies, a Reeloop and another. Maybe Jaytec. I dunno. And a cheap Mixer. I'd like to have 1210s or 1200s by Technics, but I could not afford them yet.

Next thing I want to get are Adam A7X Nearfield Monitors, and an ESI Juli@ Soundcard, so I can continue my producing work, that I put on hiatus about 4 years ago.

Here is a video of me playing at a club

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  8. Starscream600

You normally use vinyls or CDJs? You do hardstyle mate?

9. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    No Hardstyle ;) 
    Only Oldschool, Industrial Hardcore, Darkcore, Frenchcore, some Breakcore and Newstyle.

10. Starscream600

Then I think you would probably bow down to Ravine or Cotts like I do. They are the best Hardcore DJs you're gonna find. Cotts does a radio show called The Aussie Hardcore Show on Wednesday at 7pm - 9pm (aussie time) streaming on Digitally Imported and HappyHardcore.com

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    My favorite Hardcore DJ is Ophidian :) 

12. Starscream600

I'll make a mental note to check him out. So, by any chance you scratch?

13. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    Good call on this thread matey!!

My name is keir , 37 years old and dj under the name "warpedcore" which i actually got from an old bizzy b alias from one of my favorite oldskool tracks of all time " the power "http://www.discogs.com/Warped-Kore-The-Power-Smokin-The-Teacher/master/2804

i am generally an oldskool dj playing early uk oldskool hardcore from 1990 up to 1994 but also play oldskool dutch techno/gabba , d&b and very rarely a bit of old house , hardhouse/trance..

learnt the art of mixing around 1994/1995 but was basicly just having a laugh whilst having a drink or smoke with mates! bought my first turntables in 1998 which were technics 1210's with a numark mixer (cannot remember which mixer this was) but never actually played out until 2005 since then have played at various venues in brighton such as alley cats , the volks , concorde 2 , pressure point , heist , the lounge , and a few other venues in the uk but nothing really major! tried putting my own events on in 2007 called totally underground but after doing a few decided that was not for me!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

done internet radio since 2005 i had a regular slot on stressfactor radio which did not last long as things went pear shaped between the 2 station managers and we all jumped ship to renegade radio( still in 2005 ) that i still played on until the beginning of this year have also played on break pirates a few times over the years ( which looks like i will be playing on full time soon ) and recently was playing on inter oldskool radio but due to very low listener count it has fast lost my interest..

my set up now is..
    my setup
    2 x stanton str8 150's ( used to have technics 1210's)
    behringer vmx300 mixer
    serato sl1 ( for the tunes that i dont own on vinyl )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my soundcloud mix page..warpedcore's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free all radio shows( which i'm normally mashed for :lol  ) apart from the top 2 mixes which are not shows !

will sort some more mixes that i have uploaded to mediafire at some point and got tones more to upload and share

the dj's that have pretty much influence what i play are

carl cox
    loftgroover
    easygroove
    tango and ratty
    kenny ken
    dj sy
    seduction
    dj hype
    doc scott
    lenny dee
    trevor rockcliffe
    house junkie
    randal

just to name a few!

14. Starscream600

Great to know more DJs who are into tfs! :D 

15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    nope
    I want to get Shure Whitelabel for my turnies, which are good for scratching while not abusing the vinyl too hard. But I think I won't make much use of it.

DJ Murphy is wicked when scratching.

I like your Slipmats :) 

I once had a T-Shirt of DJ ESP in neon yellow with that smilie face on it. But I washed it wrong and now it's various shades of ugly green :( 
    It was my favourite T-Shirt... :( 

16. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

cool thread,I dont scratch nor spin but have been a fan of electronic since the mid 90's,the chemical brothers where a HUGE influence for me back in the day when electronic was still in its early days(as far as going mainstream)hell nowadays thats all you hear in the backround of almost all pop songs,I find it funny that the same people sampling and using electro today were the same people who back then laughed at it.

17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    That's what I thought. Mainstream music is 20 years behind. Just like fashion in Russia *gg*

18. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    need to correct what i wrote about the radio stations it was actually 2006 that we jumped over to renegade radio..memory is a bit shite in my old age :lol 

19. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

I know man,I remember the first time I listened to the chem bros in I think 95 or so I was blown away,that opened the door to all kinds of cool music,back then I loved the crystal method,fat boy slim,underworld,orbital and so on,yet any of my friends who heard it were like "dude that rave garbage sucks" *rolled eyes* the stuff wasnt even close to the crap that was being spun at raves,if I remember correctly the rave scene was more happy hardcore crap then anything at that time,anyway I just like to know that electro is not only the main background to all music now but is also the future of music still,almost 20 yrs later \M/

20. deathsheadII

News Credits:
    yeah the rave scene was crap by 1995!! really went down hill! all about the earlier breakbeat hardcore 1989-1994!