The TFW2005 and BBTS Transformers Battlescene Contest

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris24jc

chris24jc OptiChris Prime

Reply to question about deadline.

I too would imagine that it would be by midnight on the 31st, but a confirmation of that would be nice. It had better be, cause I'm almost done with mine, but can't send it in til early Wed morning, as I'm working til midnight tonight. (my usual swing shift hours. :D )

I wonder how long it's gonna take for them to review ALL the entries and pick the winners before we can see the entries. Judging by how many people are asking questions on this board, I'd say it could be awhile... like about a month! :) 

2. Primevil

Primevil *Insert Witty Title Here*

Ebay:
    Just sent my entry in, but I don't have high hopes for winning since I pretty much threw it all together today. The picture quality isn't quite up to par with the rest of my photos, but it's a bit tough to tell if a pic is Supah-Clear on a tiny screen when you're outside. At least I have a fair shot at the Random Winner Mystery Prize. On the plus side, it was fun planning the setup and I did get some fresh air.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, let me be the third to ask for deadline clarification.

Midnight tonight (Wednsday) or Tomorrow (Thursday)?

4. Numlock

Numlock Starving Artist

Well, I sent in my entries...
    Three of them... two of the non-photoshop/undoctored photos (they're both the same shot just on different digital cameras) and one photoshopped entry. I hope everything arrived, I didn't get any bouncebacks...
    If the deadline is tomorrow night I might touch it up a bit more and send it again...

Definately a fun contest, thanks

edit: sent in a few small updates on my photoshopped file

5. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    24 hours left guys.

6. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, I've done something stupid (multiple really, but this one can be helped by an answer).

When I sent my entry in, I didn't specify it was in the non-Photoshopped category (it's kinda obvious from looking at the pics, but it was supposed to be specified). Should I send another e-mail for this or what?

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    8 hours to go folks!

8. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've sent my final entry! Relief is mine!

*Goes to chill out*

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just wondering... When will the gallery of entries be up? I dying to see them! I'll be rollin' in new wallpaper for years. :) 

10. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I have a sick feeling that my picture is going to be the worst in comparison to those of all of the veterans here.

*sigh*

11. Matrix Soul

Matrix Soul Skull 4 reporting in!

News Credits:
    Is this contest ending in eastern time or pacific time?

12. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    holy smokes, just submit a day before the contest ends so you don't have to worry :p 

its already been a month and a half, how anyone can possibly need THAT much time down to the last hour is just crazy :lol 

if your gonna spend that much time on it, you might as well have gotten a part time job, since the prize is only 100 bucks :p 

p.s. you're just all lucky my photoshop got lost in the mail months ago (WHICH WAS FOUND YESTERDAY BY THE WAY WAHOOO!!!!!!!)

so my entry was just a non-photoshop entry, but I used every resource I had in my room, and every figure I owned. Here's hopin!! :D 

13. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    actually I did mine (from start to finish) yesterday, both photoshop and non-photoshop entry, I just wanted to know if there is enough time to do another one

14. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I went a bit of a different direction with this one... At least in the Photoshop catagory. Can't wait to show y'all. :) 

15. Matrix Soul

News Credits:
    oh... I wanna see the gallery!!! (it's like Christmas morning!)

16. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    How's the rules work here? Now that the deadline is past are we allowed to start flooding the Fan Art board with out entries?

17. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I would strongly advise against it, as they'll possibly unveiled anyway once the decisions have been made.

18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Oh man, I was about to shove all mine up in the Coolstuff thread as well.

Out of interest, how many entries were there, and will there be a gallery showing them ALL?

19. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This is driving me nuts! I wanna' see this stuff!

*let's off stress with a teaser*

[​IMG]

Teaseitty tease tease tease!

20. Omnus

Omnus needs more time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, I didn't have much in the way of resources in my room, so I went out and bought some cheap stuff. However, if I ever have to use a paperclip again in my life, it will be too soon. My thumbs and index fingers still hurt somewhat from all of that unbending and re-bending.

Most of my sfx didn't work out like I hoped, either, so I figure my chances of winning die right there. The big one was the light just somehow being utterly wrong (and I couldn't move the whole darn thing to another room). When I had done my initial photo-testiing I needed wax paper over the dull-side of tin foil to get a Cybertronian surface that wasn't too reflective with flash photography. When I did the actual shots of the completed scene, it ended up looking more like a moon-scape. That was ugly. So was me having to toss my plain white backdrop materials, or die of heatstroke from me moving them around and getting them stable in a room that would not cool down as I tried to move around and take photographs. So, instead I've got carpet with ugly coffee stains, weird wallpaper, a couch, and several brown dressers in the background (along with a misplaced extra Vector Prime).

I somehow believe no one's going to be getting wallpaper material out of my entry.

Every figure you own? I take it that like me, you're a more selective collector. Still, I couldn't set up all the TFs in my collection in any one room in my house (at least without getting fully three-dimensional). I had to be a lot more selective in what I set up (several individual combats in the overall scene were something I had been wanting to do for some time, so it wasn't really that hard).

Well, I know my chances are pretty low at this point for anything but the random pick, so good luck to you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.