The TFW Pile of Shame (look within for explanation)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by McBradders, Aug 12, 2008.

1. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

So a pile of shame is all those games you still haven't played or finished and intend to.

I've been getting steadily more and more aware of how large mine is. It's to the point now where the pile is bigger than I am :( 

Devil May Cry 4 - still haven't run through the Dante half of the game :( 

God Hand - lost my save game, so back to square 1 :mad 

Okami - never played past the first village... and again, lost the save.

Psychonauts - Not very far at all.

Shadow of the Colossussusssussss - the snapping turtle is fucking annoying.

The World Ends With You - I never take my DS with me for some reason.

GUN - on the last fucking boss... have no desire to finish it really :( 

Bullet Witch - see GUN

EDF 2017 - Shit is hard, and it's my goof off game, will be playing this forever.

Skate - lost all gusto in it when the EA ad servers plastered the game with yellow posters.

Resistance - Got bored, need to finish!

Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction - top of the pile of shame due to Quest for Booty hitting in two weeks.

Uncharted - technically not on the pile of shame due to finishing it at least once already, but I have a Hard playthrough on the go and want to do it on Crushing after that.

A kajillion XBLA games - yeah.

Several PSN games - oh yeah.

Mass Effect - I keep dying and getting pissed at it.

What is on your pile of shaaaame?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  2. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Kingdom heart = I got bored after the long cinematic start

Final Fantasy 12 = Same as above

The Suffering : ties that bind = got bored halfway

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    lesseee

Shadow of the Colossus - couldnt beat this one part. got frustrated and stopped playing

Kingdom Hearts - kind of the same thing. lol

Ghost Recon - yeah....same thing... >___>

Armored Core 4 - pretty much the same thing. couldnt get passed a part, got frustrated and disinterested. couldnt get ahold of the controls either. much different than the PS2 controls i was used to and i couldnt find a setting that felt natural :\

Prince of Persia - got repetitive and i got disinterested. ill have to pick it back up and play it though. it cant get all these great reviews for nothin

Zone of the Enders - dont think i ever beat the last boss.. i wanna finish it before i track ZOE2 down

X-men Legends II - yeah.... freakin Apocolypse.. last fight and i just never found away to beat him so i stopped playing. love the x-men legends games though

SoulCalibur IV - yeah..its only a rental but already 4 days into it i've gotten frustrated and disinterested. fighting games are no fun by yourself and NOBODY IS EVER ON PS3 ONLINE EVAR. [retards :p ]

uh..might be more but i dont feel like going through my game collection right now :p 

4. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Every game I own. Thats right folks, I have never finished a game 100%.

5. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Not even Halo? Come on man.

6. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Assassin's Creed - Pretty sure I'm near the end but just lack the motivation to finish it.

Shadow of the Colossus - Tried to play it once but I was bored by the time the game actually started. Yeah yeah, I know it's supposed to be good. Also it's on the PS2 and 50" Plasma + RCA cables = looks like ass.

Stranglehold - Made it up the last level/boss and just kind of lost interest.

Dead Rising - Not that far into it, really need to keep playing it but the awful gun aiming and irritating save system are putting me off.

7. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Honestly?
    The Backloggery - AsherV20's Backloggery

But... like any problem, just gotta take it one day at a time. Honestly, if there's a game at the top of the list that I'd love to put in and power through, its Odin Sphere. I think Halo 3 might've been the only game last year that I was more excited for than Odin Sphere, and I've never even finished Gwendolyn's portion of the game. Its a goddamn shame.

Josh, regarding ZOE and ZOE2, your goal is admirable. But if you're out and about and find ZOE2... dude, friggin' buy it. That game is absurdly difficult to come by, I can't recall the last time I found it on a shelf. I know the temptation will be there to play it, but like... lock it in a cabinet or something.

Also, I know this won't help, but you wouldn't believe how much of a better game ZOE2 is over the original. Its amazing.

8. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

This...

I'm terrible at finishing games, never got 100% on a game ever.

But...

Mass Effect - Got it, played it a few days and found it dull as dishwater. Traded it in at EB along with an unopened copy of Gears of War

GTA IV - Currently a bit bored with more of the same since GTA III

Dead Rising - Been at the same point for months collecting 12 queens, can't be bothered.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeah tis what i hear!

highly doubt i'll ever find it in a store anywhere

i keep my eye out for copies on ebay

i'm sure i can score one for a reasonable price on there [once i get some money :p ]

10. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

Heh. I think I have the biggest shame of all. My collection is old, overplayed, and well...read for yourself.

GameCube:

Billy Hatcher & The Giant Egg (still haven't beaten it. Get too pissed near the end.)
    Burnout (just too friggin' difficult to control *and* win at the same time.)
    Metroid Prime (though I want to get more into the game, badly.)
    Goldeneye: Rogue Agent (can't beat that sucker, even with full cheat codes in effect.)
    Sonic AdventureDX (still have yet to unlock all of the special features and whatnot.)
    Sonic Mega Collection (still haven't unlocked all of the hidden mini games. Nor have I EVER beaten Sonic 3....)
    Viewtiful Joe (I *love* this friggin' game, but it's just too difficult for my patience.)
    Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble (I enjoy this one, but wouldn't call it love. Now, this one is shameful. I bought it and hadn't played it until recently. lol)

Wii:

GT Pro Series (Yeah. the controls suck. Just crap.)
    The House Of The Dead 2&3 Return (beat 3, which is a tad too easy, but I play it again and again because I *love* first person shooters. Hell yes. HOD2...hah. Not even close to beating it.)

Virtual Console:
    Mario Kart 64 (still haven't gotten all of the cups.)
    Punch Out! Featuring Mr. Dream (hah, yeah...can't get past the guy after Piston Honda's second bout.)
    Super Mario World (96% complete...I'm missing one secret or something, but I've beaten everything else. Yep, even changed the colors of the land. I just cannot figure out what I'm missing...)

I have about 5-6 more GC games that I haven't played in God knows how long (at least a year) and I'm not sure when I'll get around to 'em. I really need to finish The Simpsons Hit & Run, which is far more fun that I should admit.)

I'm not sure there would be a point in my buying a PS3 or XBox 360...they're both too rich for my blood, *and* wouldn't get used. lol

Not as much of a gamer as I once was. I bought the economical system (Wii) and still don't use it much. lol

Does anyone miss the VG heyday of the early '90s?

Genesis, SegaCD (oh come on, admit it, that's one guilty pleasure that many of us took part in. I miss mine like you'd miss air....) Sega Saturn, Dreamcast...*sighs*

11. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, Weirdwolf has a large pile of shame.

XBox 360:

1. Assassin's Creed - Great game, was really getting into it, just haven't picked it back up and continued playing because I'm such a CoD4 whore. I guess that's the #2 reason I haven't finished any of these games, because when I am playing games, it's usually CoD4. The #1 reason is time. I'm at work too much.

2. Battlefield: Bad Company - Got it primarily for the multiplayer. Single player I could care less if I ever finish it or not.

3. MLB 2K8 - Got tired of playing through 3/4 of a game and then it freezing up on me and loosing all of the accounts of the game. Didn't happen all the time, but just enough to discourage me from playing the season mode anymore.

4. Perfect Dark Zero - My second game I ever got for XBox 360. Never did get beyond the 3rd level in the game because when I did play, it was online multi. Now when I get on with it (which is seldom, though my wife still plays the crap out of it), there's like hardly anyone on unless they speak Spanish.

5. LOST - Got this one primarily for my wife, but she hardly plays it herself. Waste of money.

6. R6V2 - Got this one because I was under the impression it would replace my CoD4 online multiplayer fixation. Boy was I wrong.

7. Army of Two - Gameplay just got old really quickly. Frustrating when weapons aren't as accurate as they should be.

8. Gears of War - Same as Army of Two for me.

9. WWE SvR 08 - Haven't played this since the first week I bought it. Which was about the time I just lost all interest in Pro Wrestling for some reason.

10. The Orange Box - I completed Portal, but everything else is because of CoD4 syndrome.

11. Oblivion - Was playing through faithfully until my 1st 360 RRoD'd and when I got a replacement, I had forgotten what I was doing and where I was headed on the game. Now if I go to play it ever again, I'd have to start all over.

12. GRAW2 - Got this to play as an online multiplayer, but rarely find anyone who wants to play. Digital Fulcrum has offered numerous times to play, and I intend to take him up on it... someday.

13. Star Trek Legacy - love the graphics. Hate the controls.

14. Mass Effect - Lost interest when I kept dying too much. It's a little hard to get wrapped up in a story if you're more worried about trying to get through a certain area without dying a kajillion times.

15. Ninja Gaiden II - I wanna keep going, just haven't had time to play.

16. Superman Returns - Got this one to primarily satiate my Superman kick I got on a while back. Kinda wained since.

PS3

1. Transformers: The Game - Got this one because it was cheap, and Transformers. Yeah, that's pretty much it.

2. NBA08 - Got too many other good games to play.

3. Lair - Great game. But I spend more time on the 360 playing games.

4. MGS 4 - See Lair above.

Wow, I really suck at finishing what I started...

12. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    F.E.A.R. - Just got stupidly hard, with a rooftop covered in guys with huge guns.
    Condemned 2 - Bastards with swords.
    Viking: Battle For Asgard - Annoying stealth bit.
    Tomb Raider Anniversary - Draven has a big problem with leaps of faith. Legend didn't have many; Anniversary is FULL OF THEM.
    Eternal Darkness - Haven't finished it with all 3 colours yet.

13. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All of these (except SP Mario and GTA4) I would like to sit down and finish but time, time, time, time, time, Halo 3

I play (and suck at) Halo 3 online all the time. I will get to the COD4 party but I'm a slow mover.

360:
    GTA4: Lost interest in it.
    Puzzle Quest: This has no end!

Wii:
    Zelda Twilight Princess: Up to using magnetic boots in the caves. Housemate bought a Wii then I bought this. I really enjoyed it but housemate moved and erased my Mii :(  I bought my own Wii a little later.
    RE4: Never played it. I read it was a great version of a great game and I saw it at a great price.
    Metroid 3: I think my iceman friend has gone evil but I didn't have the dedicated time to play the big chunks of it like I wanted to :( 
    Super Paper Mario: I'm new-ish to the Nintendo house and this didn't hold my interest past the first few levels.
    Alex Kidd: Great fun but this may just be more annoying than dying in Mass Effect.

Probably 6-ish original xbox games too (some of these I would still like to finish).

14. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Uncharted - I told myself I was waiting for trophies...I still have yet to download the trophy support

Undertow - I downloaded it because it was free. I have yet to even play it.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    GTA IV: Just been so busy messing with friends in party mode.

NFS: Most Wanted: Got bored after the second race.

Kameo: Elements of Power: Almost done with it. Forgot how fun it is.

Sonic and the Secret Rings: UGH! Fustrating.

The Orange Box: Half Life 2 and both episodes need to be done. Have 2 more puzzles left in Portal.

Sonic Heroes: So tedious to finish.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle: crazy Gadget isso damn fustrating

Sonic Adventure DX: Bigs is the last character.....need I say more?

The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oggie's Revenge: Got boring, but it was still fun.

All my GBA and DS games

.......yeah.....long list.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to think about mine, but Twist, I would highly recommend beating Shadow of Colossus. It's a Wow game. And Okami, I haven't beat, but I have gotten pretty far. DEfinitely recommend getting back into that.

Off the top of my head, one of my bigger shames is Drgon Quest 8, because I'm right at the end, but I'm grinding the hell out of my characters, and I'm going to end up forgetting how to play when I'm finally ready to fight the boss.

17. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:

.... most of the games I've ever owned. Yeah, I tend to get bored with them before I finish. I have beaten some but, well, not as many as I would like to have.

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dragon Quest 8
    GTA 4
    Folklore (and that's because I love this game)
    DMC4
    Oblivion (but then again, who ever finishes this)
    Mass Effect
    Halo 3
    Crimsom Skies
    Willow (on NES), can someone please explain how I can hit the last boss
    Final Fantasy 10 (and don't care enough about the characters to finish it)

Wow my list isn't as long as I thought. That's one thing I appreciate about this generation's "shorter" games that people complain about. I finished Uncharted, MGS4, and Heavenly sword (while I haven't finished DMC. More game for your buck is always better (Oblivion), but it is unlikely that most of these games will ever see an ending through me, unless they grab my interest through the end. I'm pretty sure I'll beat Mass Effect and Dragon Quest though.

19. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Oh christ this is gonna be brutal. (some of these are my wife's, denoted with a "C")

PS1

Dino Crisis 1 and 2 (started 1, ran out of ammo, quit. Never started 2)
    Final Fantasy VIII (Made it to Disk 2 and got bored, won't get rid of it since my wife bought it for me)
    Parasite Eve 2 (ran out of MP and ammo toward the end of Disk 2, never tried to play it again)

PS2

Chulip "C"
    Fatal Frame 2 and 3 (never played)
    God of War 2 (never played)
    Haunting Ground (never played)
    Ico (never played)
    Katamari Damacy (never played)
    Obscure 1 (never played)
    Onimusha 2 and 3 (never played)
    Resident Evil 4 (got to the first vilalge and quit. finished the GC version though)
    Resident Evil Dead Aim (started, got bored)
    Resident Evil Outbreak Files 1 and 2 (never played)
    Rise of Kisai (didn't care for the controls but another gift from my wife so I keep it)
    Shadow of the Colossus (got like 6 or 7 Colossi in but got distracted by something else)
    Silent Hill 4 (started the game, got to the opening scene, wasn't in the mood, haven't tried again)
    Xenosaga 2 and 3 (never played)

Game Cube

Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (never played)
    Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 (never played)
    X-Men Legends 2 (1 or 2 missions in, got distracted by something else)

X-Box

Call of Cthulhu (never played)
    Indigo Prophecy (never played)
    Jade Empire (never played)
    KOTOR 1 (got past first mission, got distracted)

PS3

Army of Two (never played)
    Devil May Cry 4 (never played)
    Fable (never played)
    Grand Theft Auto 4 (almost hour install and load time pissed me off, haven't come back)
    Heavenly Sword (never played)
    Turok (never played)

Dead or Alive 4 (just play when my wife and I feel like duking it out)
    Dead or Alive Extreme 2 (oh Kokoro, I miss you)
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance (another game I only play with my wife)
    Kameo "C"
    Perfect Dark Zero (finished first mission, got distracted by something else)
    Rumble Roses XX (got through one character's story mode, got distracted by their boobies)
    Viva Pinata "C"

Wii

Bleach Shattered Blade (never played)
    Elebits "C"
    No More Heroes (done two assassinations, got distracted)
    Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles (never played)
    Trauma Center 1 "C"
    Zelda Twilight Princess (got out of my village and got distracted by something else)

PSP

Silent Hill Origins (almost done, currently working on this one)

Damn you, City of Heroes!!!

20. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I never made it past level 8-3 in Super Mario Bros. I just can't nail that big jump.