The TFW PC owners thread

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by MegaMoonMan, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    We own PCs because Macs suck and blow up when you turn them on, so let's talk.

I just got a new Gateway Dx4300-11 - quad core at 2.5 Ghz, 8 Gb memory, 1 TB HDD, 64-bit Windows 7. Loving it so far.

Waiting on a new video card to arrive so I can enable hybrid crossfire between the embedded graphics and the card (something I didn't even know was possible). It won't rip up Crysis, but I'll be doubling the graphical power for $30 so I'll take it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  2. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Compaq Presario laptop, brought it because I needed to upgrade and it's nice not having to have a desktop/tower hogging space. Celeron 2.2Ghz, 3Gb RAM, 250Gb HDD, widescreen. :D 

Also: [​IMG]

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Dang triple M, that's almost what I have.

I've a quad 2.22mhz, 4GB RAM, Win Vista 64bit (bleh), dunno what the CD ROM is me forgets, an Nvida 120 GS. I run Crisis pretty good on it from medium-high settings, but I cant quite get the game at 100%.

Anywho, I think this thread is really just there to make a jab at the "other" thread, so I'll just include something that is completely different.

[​IMG]

4. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Hey, if Mac owners need a thread to stomp their little feet in and proclaim superiority, then we should get one too. Besides, I really did just get that new PC late last week and wanted to blab about it a little.

TB HDDs make me hard. I was using the same computer for seven years and it was far past its prime. I've been out of the PC tech loop for so long all the things my new computer has seem like magic.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010
  5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Congrats on your new purchase! :D  Got any plans to use for your new uber sexy computer?

When I got mine, the main purpose is for some of the heavier programs I need in school, like Flash, Adobe Premiere, other friggen video editing software, 3D Studio Max, Powerpoint etc..... but it doubles great as a gaming PC.

6. MegaMoonMan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Not really, I just wanted something that would be good for another seven years. I have no idea what to do with four cores and a TB of space.

7. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Got a PC, dual Core processor crap, not too sure what all is in it but it runs fast. Small frame so it sits on the desk and take up little room. Valiant_Knight made it for me. Not bragging by any means but I not care for Mac and if this one ups them then so be it. ;) 

8. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Did you really think this was a good idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.