The TFW Cat Owners Thread--Post those Precious Kitty Pics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by galvascream, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

She really is an angel man. ^_^

Except for her claws- I understand that she's a young cat, and they like to play-fight/rough house, so there're moments where I'll try to pet her, and she'll grab my hand with both her paws- claws out and everything, bring it towards her face, start biting and gnawing on my hand, and then let me go.

It doesn't hurt a lot, but (lifts up his hands) I'm slowly accumulating a ridiculous amount of scratches and scars. LOL

I'm looking at my hands like: This cat, if her health holds up properly, should be around for at least 10 years- it hasn't even been a month, and my hands look like they got caught in a barbed-wire fence. What're they gonna be like come 2022? LOL

I love her though, she really is a friendly and wonderful addition to our family. ^_^

• Like Like x 2
  2. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. kronos

kronos PSN = METROPLEX_84

News Credits:
    This is Mr Meowgi

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Jude. my parents cat who comes down to my shop. ... he gets waaay too much catnip.

20180407_160727.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  5. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Professional Cat Herder & Ancient Alien Theorist.

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

This was of Pasha, from about 6 years ago. Now he is barely hanging on. Not in pain. Just old. Can't groom or take care of himself anymore. He smells TERRIBLE. Looks almost as bad. Won't let me brush or bath him either. Don't care though. I love him all the same. Just want to make him as comfortable as possible in whatever time he has left...

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pudglor Shmormuff

B7957FE2-EEB0-4F53-A4DD-7C265DFD9ECE.jpeg EECC1202-95D5-407C-BB62-1B990B8D4B77.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  7. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Well, Pasha passed on today (April 21st, 2018). He knew it was his time. He walked out in the porch. Layed down. And gave up the ghost. Sad to see it. In a way, I am relieved though. He was in bad shape and even if I was a rich man and could afford tens of thousands of dollars on him I still couldn't have prevented the inevitable.

We have our reign in life, then we die. Time is undefeated. It always wins. Whether disease retires ourselves or if God retires us, it always gets the last say....

EDIT: I got to go do something very unsavory tonight - bury a friend.

FWIW, here is a note that I am burying him with:

To anybody that one day finds this, here lays the body of Pasha the cat.

Pasha died on April 21st, 2018. He was about 18 years old.

He was very old and was hanging on for the last year of his life. I wish I could have done more for him but I could not prevent the inevitable. I tried my best to make him as comfortable as possible and the both of us did the best we could and to my knowledge he was not in pain or under suffering.

He fought a lot with other cats. Won a few fights. Lost a few fights. But always had time to be my buddy.

I loved him as a friend and will always miss him.

My name is Sean Lockyer and I was his owner – I write this note for any future generation that finds it so that people will know that regardless of what time period, cats were – and always have been – trusted, faithful, and loved companions.

May Pasha rest in peace and may he find cat heaven as happy and blissful as his life on Earth was…

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  8. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    Here is our MONSTER. :p 
    20180217_113116.jpg

She's a very poofy, floofy MONSTER. At least until we got her fur cut recently! :D 

20180217_113109.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  9. Pudglor Shmormuff

We've been having a rather unfortunate time with our special feline lady- Molly.

See, we had her declawed 10 days ago- and everything went fine, no complications during the proceedure, no personality changes, and she appeared to be bouncing back/healing pretty well after bringing her home- until she developed an upper respiratory infection.

Her symptoms:
    Congestion
    Sneezing
    Watery eyes
    Discharge from the eyes

They took X-rays, and her lungs appear 100% fine- so they assume it's just an upper respiratory infection. We adopted her from the local humane society, and the vet said that shelters are known for caring viruses and things like that, so that might be where she caught it. It could be a short-term/temporary virus, or it might be a long-term condition, flared up by stress or other factors, and we're just managing a flare-up- it depends on the virus/bacteria. We're not sure what it is though.

They gave us 2 medicines, both liquid form, and taught me how to administer them- and it just breaks my heart to see our Molly in such a poor condition- but luckily it's just a respiratory infection- no different from one we humans would have- so her little kitty immune system should be able to fight it off, it just has to run it's course.

(Pets her) Awww my poor baby.....I know, I know....we'll getcha better baby, we promise. :( 

ASTRO.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You and I had done lots of trading business many, many years back, and I remember you talking about your cat and also recall how fond you were of him.
    I am so sorry for your loss.
    That note, man...
    *sniff*

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pudglor Shmormuff

You're both making me tear up...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pudglor Shmormuff

I hope he haunts you- in a friendly way- like feeling a tail drag across your face when you sleep at night, or hearing purring- but nothing's there.

I hope he follows and watches over you- just as much as you did for him- your connection will never sever- even now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. seanlockyer

Ebay:
    Pasha was also a Hemingway Cat. A Polydactyl. Had 6 digits. Used them too. Had some weird quirks too, even for a cat. He would flat out refuse to drink out of a water bowl. He would only drink out of a toilet - but only if I flushed the toilet for him; even if it wasn't, ahem, "used", he still wanted fresh water brought up. Then when got arthritis as he got older he couldn't crotch down in the toilet and went for the faucet in the bathtub. He wasn't afraid of water though. I would pick him up, put him the tub and he would drink as much water as he wanted as it accumulated around the drain.

The most amazing thing ? The other cats knew he was an elder cat and treated him with the respect he deserved. They never messed with him, never swated at him, never hissed, always got out of the way when he walked up to eat from one of the plates, and always let him sit in the prime spots in the house.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Pudglor Shmormuff

Molly update:

So we've gotten pretty good at giving Molly her medicine, she's not fighting back as much as she initially did- she's being a good kitty. ^_^

But it seems like she's slowly returning to normal- because when her infection was at it's peak, she wasn't doing anything. She either stayed under our bed, or the couch, all day- and slept. That was it.

Now she's being a little more active, wondering around more, messing with stuff around the house, jumping up on ledges, being nosey/troublesome, and doing the regular stuff she'd routinely do before her sickness- so all good signs that she's bouncing back- or at least we hope so. ^_^

Another cool development: When we first got Molly, we turned the pantry into her little personal space- we put all her stuff in there, so she'd have her own room to run off to whenever she wanted. We also placed her in there to sleep. Well she's gotten so attached to us now, that if we place her in there to sleep: She cries for hours- she'll cry all night. She's gotten so attached to us, that she now sleeps at the foot of our bed every single night. We sleep as a family. ^_^

It's fantastic waking up to a furry friend at the foot of your bed every morning. ^_^

• Like Like x 3
  15. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    We never used to let the cats in the bedroom at night, but started to recently.
    That was a mistake. A cute one, but a mistake nonetheless.
    One would chase feet under the covers.
    One would insist on being between us, and get angry when moved.
    One would want to sleep on the pillows we were using, or our heads.
    Yeah, that ended.

16. Pudglor Shmormuff

Molly Update: She's 99% better!!

Even though we couldn't get Molly to take her medicine every 12 hours, as the vet instructed, she's still managed to bounce back very well from her upper respiratory infection- she's doing great!

She's no longer congested or sneezing a lot, and the discharge from her eyes has either decreased or it's totally gone, she's hopping and prowling all over the house again, she's eating and drinking like normal- she's back to her little rascal self. ^_^

Just last night, I woke up in the middle of the night, she was at the foot of the bed, so I petted her, laid back down, and seconds later: She's sitting on my chest, facing me, purring up a storm, and she just kept giving me kitty kisses.

Our special lady's definitely back to normal. ^_^

• Like Like x 5
  17. Pudglor Shmormuff

I woke up this morning, went to put on my glasses, and noticed that one of my nose pads/guards was gone.

Ohhhh Molly Molly Molly, you sneaky little bitch...she's not just at 100% now, she's 110%. LOL

eyeglass-nose-pads-removable.jpg AdobeStock_109255057-770x405.jpg
    JOKER POINTING.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  18. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  19. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gone because someone had their cat declawed. Grr.

OK - and with this I burn my bridges with this website, too - how can you call yourself a cat lover and have your cat declawed????

Molly has my greatest sympathies, because she has you as an owner and because she had to go through that procedure.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pudglor Shmormuff

She's been fine since the procedure, so the only one upset here is you. Have fun with that. ^_^