The TFG1 Podcast

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by TFG1Podcast, Mar 22, 2009.

1. TFG1Podcast

TFG1Podcast Geek Cast Radio Network

News Credits:
    hey everyone,

I figured I'd introduce myself seeing as I'm new on here, I'm Mike and at first I just listened to podcasts, then after spending :banghead:  $330 on the G1 Rhino DVD sets I figured I'd do my own review podcast about the show, the 1986 movie, and the live action films. I've been a TF fan since I was a little kid, and yes I balled my eyes out when Prime Died in the movie. I did have a few TF toys when I was in my younger days, but I had more He-Man stuff, until I was six and my dad told me I was tooo old to play with toys and he sold all of them...... but that's a story for another post.

The inspiration for me to do the podcast came from me listening to World's Finest Podcast which is a review stle podcast about the entire DC Animated Universe, BTAS STAS Batman Beyond, Static Shock, The Zeta Project, Justice League, teen Titans, & Justice League Unlimited. My podcast will have a definite end date, I really don't cover news on TFG2, but I do cohost on All Things Transformers podcast with my friend Steve/Megatron. And we do get a lot of news from TFW thank you everyone!!

Currently there are 9 of the 24 regular episodes online, and six supplementals...... I've kinda taken a few ideas from each podcast I listen to and combined them in my own style. I so would love to get an audio interview with Peter Cullen or Frank Welker, but I seriously doubt that will happen, because I doubt they use skype. I'm currently in talks with Stan Bush to have an interview with him, but find a way to get the audio on the episode is proving very difficult. IF anyone on here knows of any iPhone voice recording apps that record both sides of a conversation lemme know! Well I think I've typed long enough on here so I'm gonna end this with my schedule of episodes so everyone knows what I'll be talking about in each numbered episode of the podcast. Glad to be on the boards here and everything.

The TFG1 Podcast

Schedule Of Episodes:

Episode 1: Season 1 Part 1

More Than Meets The Eye Part 1
    More Than Meets The Eye Part 2
    More Than Meets The Eye Part 3
    Transport To Oblivion
    Roll For It

Episode 2: Season 1 Part 2

Divide And Conquer
    Fire In The Sky
    SOS Dinobots
    Fire On The Mountain
    War Of The Dinobots

Episode 3: Season 1 Part 3

The Ultimate Doom Part 1
    The Ultimate Doom Part 2
    The Ultimate Doom Part 3
    Countdown To Extinction
    A Plague Of Insecticons
    Heavy Metal War

Episode 4: Season 1 Recap

This episode will be a recap on the first season of G1 with my thoughts on the overall success of the first season. As well as thoughts of where they could have improved.

Episode 5: Season 2 Part 1

Autobot Spike
    Changing Gears
    City Of Steel
    Attack Of The Autobots
    Traitor

Episode 6: Season 2 Part 2

The Immobilizer
    The Autobot Run
    Atlantis, Arise
    Day Of The Machines
    Enter The Nightbird

Episode 7: Season 2 Part 3

A Prime Problem
    The Cure
    The Insecticon Syndrome
    Dinobot Island Part 1
    Dinobot Island Part 2

Episode 8 Season 2 Part 4

The Master Builder
    Auto Berserk
    Microbots
    Megatron’s Master Plan Part 1
    Megatron’s Master Plan Part 2

Episode 9: Season 2 Part 5

Desertion Of The Dinobots Part 1
    Desertion Of The Dinobots Part 2
    Blaster Blues
    A Decepticon Raider In King Arthur’s Court
    The Golden Lagoon

Episode 10: Season 2 Part 6

The God Gambit
    Make Tracks
    Child’s Play
    Quest For Survival
    The Secret Of Omega Supreme

Episode 11: Season 2 Part 7

The Gambler
    Kremzeek!
    Sea Change
    Triple Takeover
    Prime Target

Episode 12: Season 2 Part 8

Auto-Bop
    The Search For Alpha Trion
    The Girl Who Loved Powerglide
    Hoist Goes Hollywood

Episode 13: Season 2 Part 9

The Key To Vector Sigma Part 1
    The Key To Vector Sigma Part 2
    Aerial Assault
    War Dawn
    Trans-Europe Express

Episode 14: Season 2 Part 10

Cosmic Rust
    Starscream’s Brigade
    The Revenge Of Bruticus
    Masquerade
    B.O.T.

Episode 15 Season 2 Recap

Episode 16: Transformers The Movie (1986) With Possible Roundtable with other TF Fans

Episode 17: Season 3 Part 1

Five Faces Of Darkness Part 1
    Five Faces Of Darkness Part 2
    Five Faces Of Darkness Part 3
    Five Faces Of Darkness Part 4
    Five Faces Of Darkness Part 5

Episode 18: Season 3 Part 2

The Killing Jar
    Chaos
    Dark Awakening
    Surprise Party
    Madman’s Paradise

Episode 19: Season 3 Part 3

Webworld
    Carnage In C-Minor
    Forever Is A Long Time Coming
    Fight Or Flee
    Thief In The Night

Episode 20: Season 3 Part 4

Starscream’s Ghost
    Ghost In The Machine
    Dweller In The Depths
    Nightmare Planet
    The Ultimate Weapon

Episode 21: Season 3 Part 5

The Big Broadcast Of 2006
    The Quintesson Journal
    Only Human
    Call Of The Primitives
    Grimlock’s New Brain

Episode 22: Season 3 Part 6

Money Is Everything
    The Face Of Nijika
    The Burden Hardest To Bear
    The Return Of Optimus Prime Part 1
    The Return Of Optimus Prime Part 2

Episode 23: Season 3 Recap

Episode 24: Season 4

The Rebirth Part 1
    The Rebirth Part 2
    The Rebirth Part 3

WOW 24 episodes is all it will take to review the entire series holy shit..... I may throw a few roundtable episodes in after I finish the series review. Just so everyone knows this schedule is set this is the episode lineup I'll be reviewing. And yes I know there are some episodes that only have 4 cartoons to review I did that on purpose so I wouldn't split up the to be continued eps of the cartoon. This episode lineup is as it appears on the US released now out of print Rhino Transformers DVD sets. Also just because it says Episode 1: Season 1 Part 1 that is not going to be read on-air that's just my way of keeping track of each podcast ep.

Here's the original artwork and the new artwork :D 
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TFG1Podcast

News Credits:
    Episode 11 is up on iTunes and PredaconEmpire

PredaconEmpire also has a new menu bar which I like.
    Currently I'm looking for cohosts that are TF fans to participate in a Transformers The Movie 20th Anniversary DVD. The only requirements I have is that you must have Skype and and USB Headset wth mic. If anyone's interested you can email me at tfg1podcast@gmail.com

3. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    Hello!

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hello there. I'll give a listen.

5. TFG1Podcast

News Credits:
    thanks the first few episodes are very very rough but with the new format taking effect in Episode 11 and throughout the rest of the podcast I think it'll be much better if there's anyone that would like to join me on episodes 14, 17, & 19 just send an email with your skype name.... I normally record monday nights that way it gives a week for editing and everything. If there's anyone that wants to join me in these selected episodes of the podcast please make sure you watch the episodes of G1 that will be covered. Refer to the schedule I've posted. Thanks for welcoming me.

Also for the TFTM Roundtable which is episode 16 I've got a special guest and will reveal who it is as soon as I nail down further details on our schedules.

If there are any fans on here that want to do a roundtable clip in this episode about the movie, again email me and let me know. The only requirements I have is that you must be using a USB Headset and have Skype. I'd love it if any of the WTF@TFW hosts would like to join in on this.

6. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    Out of curiosity, what's wrong with plug-in headsets?

7. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Any way you could attach the new podcasts as mp3's to your posts here? I'm tried to download from Predacon Empire a number of times before, but never been successful because of my connection, and I don't do iTunes.

--Moony

8. TFG1Podcast

News Credits:
    As far as differences between USB and plug in headsets I'm unsure I just know that most headsets are USB. When I said that I was trying to basically say that you can't use a PC built in mic like the iMac's have because it will pick up all the background noise.

On the podcast stuff hmmm I'll ask Steve/Megatron who does the posting to feedburner about how to be able to post the links in here. Just a quick note if you see an episode that isn't that weeks episode on the feed Steve puts all the info up early but doesn't make it downloadable until he's edited that particular episode. That's why some of them in the future might not be ready right away. As far as I know getting them through the site should work fine. If you could let me know exactly what it's saying to you I can pass it allong to Steve and we can get that issue addressed. Thanks for the interest, and BTW why don't you do iTunes? Even if it's not to buy music and stuff it's a very easy way to get FREE podcasts :D 

9. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    What site? Link?

10. TFG1Podcast

News Credits:
    TFG1 RSS Feed
    ATTF RSS Feed
    PredaconEmpire

the top 2 links are for TFG1's RSS Feed and All Things Transformers RSS Feed where you should have no problem downloading the episodes. The bottom link is for predaconempire.com which is Steve's Transformers Website. Currently as I said on Twitter Episode 19 of ATTF won't be available until tomorrow as Steve's doing the Easter thing so that should be the only episode that doesn't download. Everything else should work fine. :D 

11. TFG1Podcast

News Credits:
    I've been going after this for a while now, but I just scored an interview with Stan Bush to coincide with the TFTM roundtable episode of TFG1. I'm not sure but I think it's the first ever Transformers podcast interview for him. Correct me if I'm wrong.

12. Optimus Scourge

News Credits:
    Not sure if first, but hey, that is cool either way. I met him at Botcon 07 at the Party night, awesome guy!

13. Moonscream

News Credits:
    It doesn't say anything, the download just stops after I receive a few kilobytes, and when I restart the download it stops again after a few more kilobytes...and again, and again. Until I give up an hour or more later.

And I don't do iTunes because I don't like things that try to take over my computer along the fact the website takes a ton of my limited bandwidth. Same reason I don't do Facebook, MySpace, or DeviantArt.

--Moony

14. TFG1Podcast

News Credits:
    Hey moony with your bad connection and everything hmmm I'm not sure snd I don't have the older episode files I could ask Steve if he does and maybe we could zip folder them and email them to you.... but I dunno. Email me a note at tfg1podcast@gmail.com and I'll look into it further.

15. TFG1Podcast

News Credits:
    yeah I'm just hoping skype or my internet connection doesn't go out. :-( it's been doing that lately effin skype.

16. TFG1Podcast

News Credits:
    Hey all.... Episode 13 is LIVE and online, however the TFG1 Goes TWIG Interview ep won't be available until later in the day. Just thought I'd update everyone since it's Friday and that's when Episodes come out.... I had an awesome time interviewing Stan Bush. I was really nervous at first before I called him, but Stan is the nicest guy in the world. The Stan Bush Interview will be in Episode 16 of the podcast which is the TFTM movie roundtable episode

17. Moonscream

News Credits:
    Actually, it seems to depend on the servers. If it was my connection it wouldn't handle downloading WTF@TFW or buffering Youtube videos just fine, but it does. Sometimes it takes a couple refreshes to get Cartoon Network going, but it handles that, too, and other podcasts depending on the site.

I only have problems with specific sites, those you mentioned included. When I don't have a problem staying connected to the server, it just takes a considerable amount of time to download or buffer, and maybe the sites you use have time limits or something.

--Moony

18. TFG1Podcast

News Credits:
    hmmm I'm not sure what to tell ya then I'm sorry

19. Megatron_X

Megatron_X Supreme Predacon Warlord

20. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Awesome stuff. Thanks!