The TFC Toys Hercules Megathread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tekmen, Jul 1, 2011.

1. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

I collect combiners. There's a LOT of Devy's in existence lol.
    There's a tiny bit of yellow from my G2 devy, and a bit of orangish yellow thanks to Transtruck.
    As far as shelf space, I'm all full up on 6 bookcases. Time to start selling off figures.

2. wingheaven7

wingheaven7 Well-Known Member

Herc has a special place in many a transformers fans collection, 3p or otherwise.

It represents the first full combiner of 3p origin for many and was a loud wake up call to has/tak regarding what fans would be willing to pay for their transforming toys.

Herc fits that IDW/Dreamwave*shudders*/ Chug aesthetic that makes it just pop and blend at the same time.

3. mephinc

Yeah, has/tak realized what people are willing to pay so they jacked up the prices and simplified the figures even further. They screwed up when they left out the quality for the price.
    We pay good money for what I consider works of art. Has/taks latest offering of an overpriced devy might as well say "playschool" on it. It's most likely the last official figure I'll ever buy.

4. Wasabi Kid

Wasabi Kid Member

Shapeways bits for Herc

Hi guys,

I have a spare set of crane mount and elbows for TFC Hercules $20 AUD. The elbows are a must have for those with the rage of hercules pack. This addon brings the arms in line with treads removing the gorilla look. The crane mount allows you to mount the crane parallel with his back

For more info check out Echo TF's Upgrade shop by echotransformer - Shapeways Shops.

Cheers

Wk

5. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

I got my Hercules out today and my son and I were playing Hercules vs G1 Dinobots. They work really well together. Hercules is a really a fantastic Devy to be honest. Much easier and more fun than the CW Devy thats for sure. This thing is rock solid. I used man few parts of the upgrade but left off the elbows so he is close to stock. I just wanted to commend it on being a real solid combiner to play with.

6. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    All the devs out there, and I find myself not interested in upgrading from Herc. At first I was tempted by TW's, but not so much now.

7. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still one of my all time favorites. EchoTFs rage elbow kit from Shapeways is a must! =)

- Gregg

Attached Files:

8. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

Deep thoughts... Hercules makes a nice giant scale combiner for legends size figures.

Anybody else wanna see a Hercules set released in Diaclone colors?

[​IMG]

Nobody has done it yet, so why not? Even one of those nice KO versions if need be, keep the price down.

9. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    I loved my Hercules, even as I sold him. I still love him, but I have left the club. I needed space and resources, and ToyWorld was calling to me. Hercules was my first 3P combiner, but Constructor scratches that MP that I've always had.

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love Diaclone and G2 yellow redecos of Herc. Go figure, the one damn redeco we get, and it's Shattered Glass colors. Aaarrrrgh.

11. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I had not combined my Herc since I moved into my new house last year. The arrival of Toyworld bots 3 & 4 gave me the urge to rectify this. A few thoughts: The individual bots have not aged well aesthetically. That said, they're still plenty of fun to fiddle with and pose and they still fit right in with a Classics collection. I never picked up the rage set or any other upgrades for him but I do find myself still wishing for better heads. Combined mode is where it's at though as they make a very pretty and satisfying Devastator.

My Hercules always had a bum left knee and I finally got around to fixing that with a small piece of a business card inserted as filler. Now he looks and works great.

Maybe I will pick up a rage set... I still kind of want that gun. :) 

12. mephinc

I love the rage set. Gives him some roided up shoulders and let's me remove the boom and stick him up against the back of my shelf.

13. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Does anyone have a comparison pic of the base Hercules set with any of the CW combiners using the PE upgrades? I'm trying to decide what would best suit my scale needs between Hercules and Maketoys Giant. Thanks!

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I am away from home right now so i can't take pics but I have herc with my cw combiners, he is a little taller, bulkier and style wise very fitting with CW, in some ways more so than CW devi. Green Giant is a good option, it has better combiner ports than herc but I find it too busy looking for cw and the individual modes are even worse in that respect, to me they not as good a fit as herc.

I think if you go through the cw appreciation thread you will find some shots of both of them with CW guys.

15. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

Aw crap I don't have exactly what you are looking for, but any excuse to post Devastator pics is a good one...

[​IMG]

Hercules, CW Devy with XS addons, then Vintage G1 with CrazyDevy bits

16. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

:drool:  Hercules :drool: 

17. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Thanks very much anyway, guys. I know Giant goes well with CW combiners, but the PE add-ons (particularly Menasor) give them a bunch more height and it would feel weird to have them be too much taller than Devastator, if such is the case. (I also prefer Giant's overall look)

18. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here! I don't have pictures but with the add-ons, Herc is still abit taller and bulkier but I agree with you - his design and aesthetics blend in well with the CW combiners. Glad I went for it rather than Green Giant!

19. spark crusher

spark crusher Member

Hope this helps. i had giant for ages, and just picked up herc really cheap (£100). giant is definitely the more solid of the two, but herc has the bulk needed for the character. he locks together pretty well and if you are willing to do a small amount of work (tightening joints with superglue to reduce wobble, grease up ratchets etc) hes a really good figure even after all these years. i got herc as giant is now tiny next to menasor.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. N_M_S

N_M_S "…don't take fame!"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]