The TFC Toys Hercules Megathread

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Tekmen, Jul 1, 2011.

1. sparkimusprime

sparkimusprime Coffee+Black=Delicious

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Holy schnikes! After a chest and forearm workout I was able to get the shoulder extensions from the rage set off of Herc. Don't think I'll be doing that again. It's been a fun run with this guy, but I think it's time to part ways. I want newer things, and need the room. Not to mention having both UW and SDCC is enough Devy for me.

2. greboguru

greboguru Psychedelic Brainchild

Well! I've wanted this figure for a long, long time (ever since it came out) and I just won one offa evilBay. The item I won comes with the Rage of Hercules set. I'm very excited.

Anyway, the seller warned "As a disclaimer be very careful removing the shoulder extensions if you plan to use the Rage add on set." Anyone here able to elaborate on this note?

Thanks!

3. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

it's a really really really tight connection. and if you are not careful you could snap the peg off of hook

4. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    The shoulder adapters from the RoH set attach really, really, REALLY well. I broke the connection point on Dr. Crank that holds Neck Brecker removing one. I was able to repair it, but yeah, once installed, those things are on there. Might want to sand down the inside of the connector before attaching it.

5. PORTER

PORTER energon is just mtn dew

I am currently in the same dilemma

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Yes, open them up.

It's easier to grab the part with some pliers and carefully but forcefully pull it off.

After I did that, I went about shaving down the inside of the port until it attached smoothly.

It WILL come off, but a mix of time, patience, and force is required.

7. greboguru

Hey y'all, I've been fiddling around with Hercules (I love this set!!) and I've got some questions for you seasoned vets.

First! Can anyone tell me what the little parts are for?
    [​IMG]

Second! Neckbreaker (not-Bonecrusher, the bulldozer) seems to transform awkwardly. I feel like I'm doing something wrong -- the green body doesn't align with the track-legs. Can anyone shed some light on this? (A higher-res version of this image is attached.)
    [​IMG]

Third! My Neckbreak arrived broken. :-( More accurately, it arrived missing a metal pin. I can still transform him, he still works in all modes, it's not catastrophic, but I was wondering if anyone else had this issue, and if anyone knows of any fixes?
    [​IMG]

Anyway, other than those issues, I am utterly captivated with the Hercules crew. I love 'em!!! Thanks in advance for any help, folks.

Attached Files:

• what.JPG
      what.JPG
      File size:
      458.5 KB
      Views:
    • erk.jpg
      erk.jpg
      File size:
      466.4 KB
      Views:
    • drat.jpg
      drat.jpg
      File size:
      313 KB
      Views:
  8. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

The little green caps are for when you replace the tooth ratchet parts on long haul. I had the shapewaves diecast parts on mine before I sold him so I remember using them to cover the screw holes since the other covers got mangled. I think t2rx has a fix it video and you will see those covers. Sorry if that's not his name exactly, can't remember the u tube name , I think his first name is Justin.

9. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    Neckbreaker - The crotch not aligned with the body in alt and limb mode. Give it all you've got and push that crotch in HARD! The last click is a b!tch, but it will go.

As for the hydraulic arm piece...drop a tiny bit of superglue into the hole and then put the pin back in. Not too much or the grey arm piece will be glued in place as well, and you don't want that. If your NB came without a pin, you'll have to get creative and use a nail. If the nail shaft is too long, simply cut it. Though, since the "broken" arm is on the backside (in combined mode) you could also use a screw since it won't be seen.

10. greboguru

You know what? I tried that, and it worked like a charm. Neckbreaker is perfectly fine now, and I friggin' LOVE these toys! ZOMG they're amazing.

11. echotransformer

echotransformer Well-Known Member

^^ Nice to see some enthusiasm for theses guys...GI Eddie and I and a bunch of others really jumped on board the Hercules wagon a while back and, speaking for myself here...never stopped liking these guys...I still get mine out from time to time to admire them. To me they will always have a place in my collection.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. greboguru

Yeah mang, I love Herc so much! I have the Rage set, but I'm torn as to whether I like him better with or without it. The Rage set makes him more G1-ish, but he's really already perfect without it.

The red guns aren't really useful with him, but they're still super cool. They'd make perfect Energon weapons, so I'm definitely gonna give 'em to some other toys.

Question: where do the drill parts in this pic come from in this?

13. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

EchoTransformer designed them himself. You can find them on Shapeways on his profile.

14. blorgicus

blorgicus Well-Known Member

does anyone know how to make a new wrist-thingy for the hands to connect to? I just got a hercules a few weeks ago with the rage kit but prefer the stock configuration and it's missing ONE of the purple blocks that lets you connect the hand to the treads. Not really in the mood to scratch-build one.

15. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    So confused! :lol 

16. wingheaven7

wingheaven7 Well-Known Member

Take the part that comes with mixmaster, the one that keeps his drum in place. Should be black or dark grey and work just like the purple parts.

Drum will stay upright even without that part connected to it.

17. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Folks say he's outdated but I still plan on getting me one - one day:rock 

18. Honesty

Honesty honestly, Honesty!

Yep. Still love Herc. Still love him much more than HasTak's also.

The shapeways parts + RoH set + crazyDevy head = awesome sauce.

Perfect for my IDW collection :D .

Now if only someone could make a Prowl head for Herc ........

19. mephinc

mephinc Well-Known Member

Herc was my first 3P purchase and I picked him up used for like $350 a year or two ago. He's still the centerpiece on one of my Devy shelves. Hasbro's has the center of the other shelf, but that's more of a "looks great from a distance" Devy's...

My only next debate is if he's going to look better standing next to TW's Devy or GT's.. Both are a must have (of course lol)

20. greboguru

So you collect Constructicons? That's a lotta lime green... and a lotta shelf space!