The Superion's IDW-themed collection!

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by TheSuperion, Oct 8, 2017.

1. TheSuperion

TheSuperion Well-Known Member

I think it's about time I made this thread, seeing as how I'm pretty much done collecting until I'm healthy enough to go back to work. This is my humble collection, based entirely on the IDW G1 comics, which are what convinced me to ultimately go this route instead of building a smaller, Transformers: Animated collection. I started small, with the odd transformer here and there, and geared fully into collecting once Combiner Wars hit. Everything I own is on these two bookcases, except for a few items I'm attempting to sell.

Let's start with the bigger of the two, encompassing New Cybertron, Team Optimus, Team Rodimus, and the Wreckers. (Ignore the bookself warping - it's not bad in real life, there's just something about my low quality camera lens that makes it look worse than it is)

[​IMG]

New Cybetron, featuring Starscream and his council, Autobots, Nails, and assorted other residents - both well and ill-intentioned.

[​IMG]

Team Optimus, which is a mash of pre and post Dark Cybertron, plus Menasor.

[​IMG]

The best shelf: Team Rodimus, the stars of the best Transformers story ever! (at least during season 1). I had Thrilling 30 Whirl at one point, but I wasn't much of a fan. Once I have a steady income again, I'm thinking about getting MMC Reformatted Turben to take his place.

[​IMG]

The next best shelf, the Wreckers! The current lineup is amalgamation of their teams in Last Stand of the Wreckers and Sins of the Wreckers, with a few extra bots I couldn't find a better place for. I will get Twintwist eventually, and someday I want to add Sandstorm and MMC Spartan, and replace Roadbuster with MMC Dicamus.

[​IMG]

Now onto the second bookcase. Featuring Galvatron's Decepticons, Getaway's Mutineers, and the Scavengers and Insecticons (cause there's no room left for them anywhere else)

[​IMG]

Decepticons forever! For now, Soundwave and Galvatron are on good terms, and Scourge and a couple of his sweeps have somehow survived the events of Chaos Theory. Sixshot, Heretech, (that's what I'm callling Armada Galvatron), and some former Sharkticon slaves have also allied themselves, and Jhiaxus made it through Dark Cybetron to continue his scheming with Galvatron.

[​IMG]

Finally, the Mutineers, with Mirage standing apart, and the Scavengers, which currently just consists of Krok, and a tagalong Triggerhappy (cause he's dead in IDW, and did absolutely nothing of note). Misfire will join their ranks sometime, and the Insections stand nearby for lack of space.

[​IMG]

Well, that's all for now! I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into my hobby!

• Like Like x 1
  2. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm always a fan of IDW collections. You have a pretty good one! :thumb 

3. Rabid Robot

Rabid Robot Wrecker

You should find some posters or backround pics and put them on your wall behind your figures. But nice collection overall

4. Lord Megatron 7

Lord Megatron 7 Emperor of Destruction TFW2005 Supporter

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Very cool!

5. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

Do I spy Trailcutter with the Mutineers? What's he doing there!? Don't besmirch the poor bot's good name.

6. TheSuperion

My person headcanon is that, having already been lukewarm about Rodimus at best (remember his spotlight issue?), Trailcutter's near death experience pushed him over the edge. He probably didn't vote to mutiny when Getaway took his secret tally, but after everything that happened, Trailcutter was ready for a change of leadership.

Also, you have to understand that this whole collection is basically an alternate continuity of sorts, where certain characters have ended up in different places than they are in the comics, usually due to them not being dead. I also haven't decided what role, if any, the Decepticon Justice Division plays in my person canon. I have decided I'm not going to be buying MMC's versions of the characters, as they don't scale with my collection. So it's very possible that, in this continuity, Getaway was just stranding Team Rodimus on Censure's planet - which would explain why a good bot like Trailcutter would be more willing to go along with him.

7. DaveWire

DaveWire Well-Known Member

While Trailcutter wasn't all that fond of Rodimus, he was on pretty good terms with Megs who made him head of ship security. He was also after this seen reading Towards Peace, indicating that he's open to Megs' teachings.

8. TheSuperion

That's a good point about his reading material. I haven't read the issue where he dies in a while, so I forgot he was the one who had the copy of Towards Piece. Who knows, I might move him in the future, especially if/when I get more space for my collection. Right now there's a lot more room for Getaway's mutineers than there is for Team Rodimus. :D