The strangest battle of World War 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by General Magnus, Aug 21, 2016.

1. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I was hearing the newest Sabaton album and they had a track called the "Last Battle". A quick google and I found out it was basically a movie in itself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter

Reality can be even awfully stranger than the most awesome Hollywood films. Seriously, how come no one ever though of this becoming a war film? From the germans joining forces with the american to fight the SS, to the french prisoners, and everything in between. This stuff writes itself.

And yeah it might be in the closing days of WWII and tactically irrelevant, but then thereĀ“s this little nugget of info:

"If the SS had managed to get into the castle and kill the French VIPs, the history of post-war France would have been radically different. These people... formulated the policies that carried France into the 21st Century. Had they died, who knows what would have happened?"

Why are not funding this?

2. Starfire22

Starfire22 The PoohFather

News Credits:
    Some people like to discount, or remove history entirely. I had completly forgotten about this too.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think a film about the theory that Hitler escaped would make a ok film. The theory is that the body they found was a double that was burned to make IDing harder. Hitler then used tunnels to make his way to the airport. Few stops before he got to the North Sea and got on a sub that made its way to Argentina where he lived out his life.

4. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Emperor Of Destruction

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Submit it to Discovery! They could put it on Season 3 of AHC's "What History Forgot"!