"The Story of the Transformers"

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by 80Datsun210, Dec 22, 2007.

1. 80Datsun210

80Datsun210 Well-Known Member

This amuses me to no end, which is why I wanted to share it. I've been digging through my vintage Transformers collection and found this story that I “wrote” about the Transformers. It’s essentially a transcript of the pilot episode, “More Than Meets the Eye.” I must have done this when I was in 5th or 6th grade, ca. 1985. I recorded the audio off the TV and played it back in front of the computer while I transcribed the dialogue, then added my own descriptions and narration.

The “story” is an historic artifact in and of itself. I wrote it on an Osborne computer, which my family got in 1982, and printed it on a dot-matrix printer. We were one of the first families to get a home computer. Man, it’s wild to think of that computer and compare it to today’s. I don’t even remember how we operated it. There was no mouse, no Graphic User Interface. The commands had to have been all text-based. (???) It had enormous 5” floppy disks. It used a dot-matrix printer, the kind with rolling sprockets on the sides to feed the paper through, and the paper had tear-off strips with holes in it along the edges. That's why the following story is a series of scanned images.

It also provides a snapshot of my writing ability in 5th grade. It really made me laugh, especially the commentary and how I described things, like "Starscream often gets overexcited about the Autobots" and “The workers are unsuspecting a Decepticon attack that hasn’t happened yet.” :lol  It occurs to me now that I left out a lot of visual and audio description, because, well, *I* knew what they looked and sounded like (but so do most of you, so it's all good).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry to say that’s all there is, but it’s not like you don’t know what happens. ;) 

2. Socialvegetable

Socialvegetable Wrecker

News Credits:
    Wow, you are a man of great nostalgic worth. I can't imagine what you'll dig up next. I don't know if you've ever visited www.x-entertainment.com but the site's moderator/author often posts such nostalgic gems. Keep up the good finds.

3. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

That's so cute! Thanks for sharing it with us! :lol