The State is on Itunes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Boggs6ft7, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

Mtv's "The State" is now available on itunes. If you don't know what this show is, you are missing out. Alot of the cast from Reno 911 is from the State, they also had a movie a few years back called Wet Hot American Summer.

The State is probably my favorite sketch comedy show of all time, its close to Kids in the Hall.

If they get enough downloads off itunes, they will release seasons 2 and 3 on itunes then possibly to DVD. Do your part, download an episode, laugh you ass off, eat some of your grandma's potatoe chowder, and help the cause.

There is one catch though. A lot of the epsiodes had sketches that were musically driven, such as the one where Michael Ian Black can't get a date because he doesn't wear pants. The Breeders "Cannonball" is playing over the sketch and is really part of the editing. Since they could not get music rights, they did sound alikes, which I think ruin those sketches. Hopefully they will get the rights when it is released to DVD. Another ruined sketch would be Barry and Levon's Pudding, they could not get the rights to "Sexual Healing" so another sound alike was used.

Still a great show, especially check it out if you have never heard of it.

2. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    "I WANNA DIP MY BALLS IN IT!!"

Oh man. The State..... Watching the State over and over again made up a significant portion of my and my friends high school years.

Now I just gotta get an iPod.

3. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

you don't need an ipod, you can just download it to your computer.

4. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

The episode where they had the lil laundry bear who got beat with the iron..Classic..

5. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

"...and Aquaman...uh...why don't you go talk to some fish?"