The State coming to DVD, seriously this time

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Boggs6ft7, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Boggs6ft7

Boggs6ft7 TFW2005 Supporter

So the release of The State on DVD was supposed to happen over a year ago and it fell through.

Supposedly it is now going to be released in July. I hope they aren't yanking my chain again.

The State's Official Website

You can find some of the sketches on Youtube, but they get taken down regularly. I found the show to be hilarious and base a lot of my sense of humor off that show and KITH. I realize its a specific type of humor so you may not find it funny.

2. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I heard this news a couple of weeks ago and could not be happier that it's finally coming out. I don't know what MTV's problem was or why they decided to delay it for so long, but I'm very happy that it's finally happening. The State's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen and it shows just how ******ed the people at MTV are for taking so long to put it out.

3. Boggs6ft7

I think the biggest problem they were having was securing music rights. The episodes that were released on iTunes had the music changed where they couldn't get the rights and it just didn't sound good. A lot of their material was music driven, like the the sketch about the guy who doesn't know about pants. The music for that sketch was Cannonball by the Breeders. Watching it without that music just irked me.

I hope that this DVD set doesn't have the music changed.

4. Boggs6ft7

5. Switch625

Unless I missed it, it looks like the set doesn't include The State's 43rd Annual All-Star Halloween Special that ran on CBS after MTV dropped the show. That would have truly made it a complete set.

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    This better actually happen this time because I'm sick of going to MTV every weekend and shitting on their grave.

Actually...scratch that. Even if the State does finally come out on DVD I still have to shit on MTV's grave until they release the Maxx.

7. Boggs6ft7

No, they don't own the rights to the CBS stuff. Joe said on his website something about having to give up their rights to get the CBS stuff and they didn't want to do that.

However, he did think that the Shakespere bit from spring break will be on there.

8. Switch625

Yeah, they shouldn't give up their rights just for the CBS stuff. Most of The State is better than no The State at all!

9. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Basically I assume that the success of Role Models has finally prompted MTV to release this.

10. Boggs6ft7

I don't think so. Granted, it helps to say the director of the movie was part of the show, but RENO 911 has been a fairly popular show and they could have just piggy backed onto them (and they still are). Since work on the DVD was done so long ago, I think MTV finally just said, "Hey, these guys aren't going to get any more popular, lets just put out the DVD and make some money". A part of me wishes there was someone at MTV that was holding up the release in hopes of getting the music rights, but I find that doubtful.

I found out something worse from the music. On the MTV website, they have the class Barry and Levon and $240 worth of pudding sketch..... except its not Barry and Levon. I expected the music to be changed, so no Marvin Gaye, but Barry and Levon has been redubbed.

People that have never watched the show will probably won't care or even notice, but its like fingernails down a chalkboard for me.

$240 Worth of Pudding | Video | MTV

11. Switch625

I just checked out the clip, what's up with that??? They probably didn't have the master audio tapes lying around and when they had to change out the music, they had to re-dub the vocals too. That's definitely the same actors, but it's all different. I hope the rest of the skits aren't like that.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    The State on DVD? I wanna dip my balls in it.