the space race,what do you think it's about?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by krade, Oct 18, 2010.

1. krade

krade Well-Known Member

we know that the're scene during 60'area and they film at ksc.do you thing the main plot involve something they must find on the moon?

my guess is that it has something to do with the survival of cybertron.maybe the key to vector sigma or the ark?,thats what start the space race

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Cheese.

3. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Astrotrain vs Sky Lynx! Remember I called it!

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I say there was something that was found (alien) on the dark side of the moon back in the '60s and that started the space race. US knew about it but the Russians didn't so the US raced them to get there first before the Russians did. Now in the present time the Russians find out about it and the race starts for different reasons... it's a artifact that is of Cybertronian decent. It has great powers and all four sides (US, RUS, Autobots, and Decepticons) want it to have the power. 1) Russia wants it to gain a military/political position above the US. 2) The US doesn't want that to happen. 3) Decepticons want it to get ahead of the Autobots for domination/get rid of humans. 4) Autobots want to keep it out of human and Decepticon hands. (out of human hands so we don't kill each other over it) This could be why the US gov't has been rumored to exile the Autobots (they dont like outsiders dictating policy)

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    This sounds very plausible to me i suspect there is some macguffin of some sort up there and everyone wants it. I Just hope there isn't some decrepit Transformer with it going all Gollum over it.

6. sideswipe89

sideswipe89 Beachcomber

News Credits:
    I was kinda hoping there wasn't gonna be some kind of macguffin in this movie but it seems like there will be. Must be some kind of transformer object thats on the moon or something. How much transformers artifacts end up on earth? we got the allspark, the harvester, the matrix...and now something on the moon.... aren't there any other planets other than earth and cybertron? lol I guess I'm not that big of a fan of all the prior transformer interaction with earth before the main autobots and decepticons arrived. I'll still probably enjoy the movie though...

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Not too crazy with the idea.

Really didn't like how Armageddon handled the Space Shuttle and I really didn't like how Bay handled history with Pearl Harbor. Thus combining both space and history together sounds like something that will drive my more logical side crazy.

For a cartoon or comic book it might be a pretty cool concept, but my hopes aren't too high for a live action movie.

8. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    How?

9. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Hopefully this. The Decepticons already have the Nemesis. Since JFK was mentioned in an earlier rumor that narrows the years from '61 to '63.

10. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    THIS!! LOL!!
    What is the space race about....hmmm ...space...race...
    Yes I go with cheese too. Sorry but the question is a bit "dur dur"

11. ulsre2010

ulsre2010 Member

Trouble is only opportunity in work clothes

12. caecae22

caecae22 Fifth Face of Darkness

Twitter:
    cosmos
    if not die mr bay

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

With Pearl Harbor it seemed like the only little details he was nailing was related to things that went boom. So for example he got the wooden fin added to the Japanese torpedoes and the bomb fuse on the tail of the bombs just right. But when it came to someone like Doris Miller it's like he didn't do any research on the guy at all even though his story was a really great story. Sort of if it goes boom or part of the love story then nailing the details and everything else was either phoned in or conjecture about what we knew before the attack instead of the facts.

With the Space Shuttle it's like he went to NASA and put his fingers in his ears or something when they told him it's an orbiter, not something you can fly off to some space rock far away. Ouch and the laundry list of physics that was broken in that film is just insane.

14. UltraMagnus2008

UltraMagnus2008 Autobot

News Credits:
    Im hoping the shuttle is the ark

15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    My guess is a spacebridge straight to Cybertron.

16. err76

err76 Well-Known Member

In space, No one can hear you scream!

17. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Wouldn't it be interesting if the "space race" thing was referring to a modern one rather than the one in the 60's?

Potential Spoilers?

Like...
    the Autobots give the US tech that provides a major boost to the space program* and the Russians secretly buddy-up with the Decepticons to keep up. The US notices that the Russians are keeping pace and think that the Autobots must be double dealing, so the government exiles them from the country.

* =
    The government guy in ROTF did say that the Autobots were sharing their tech with them (except for weapons).

18. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

God, I hope not. Sky Lynx beat anything for lameness.

As per the 'cons helping the Russians, I like it. Seems about right.

19. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

You do realize everything about Transformers technology is weapons technology?

The Autobots were sharing Intelligence according to the Alien Autobot Cooperation Act.

20. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Not true at all. Technology involving intergalactic space travel, transforming robotics, holographic image projection, 3 dimensional object scanning, none of these things are weapons.