The Soul of Chogokin, Soul SPEC, SIC, & Super Robot Chogokin Choking on Gokin Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by viper2391, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

Hopefully Bandai will later release a Soul of Chogokin Dragonzord to go with GX-72 Megazord!

• Like Like x 2
  2. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yeah. But at the same time, I'm hoping good sales will lead to the pre-MMPR megazords seeing the SoC treatment sooner than later as well.

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    Any site that has a pictorial review of the SOC GoLion? I'm hoping for some closeups of the figure.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Despite all the constant references to the Japanese original, I couldn't get the Megazord combination music out of my head reading that page.

5. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm actually quite suprised that Bandai Japan would actually produce a Sentai Mecha in the SOC line.

Some of friends feel that maybe BOJ had probably run out of Super Robots to make or they really are gunning for the 'western' collector market.

I'm not too sure if I'm going to pick this up too because I just realized that I haven't even opened some of my legacy megazords! XD

6. Hound & Mirage

Hound & Mirage Rapscallion

That's a weird comment. There have been at least two toku bots already. I'm more surprised we haven't already seen the likes of Mach Baron, Sun Vulcan, and Giant Robo.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I think it's more generational than anything. It has been my childhood robots for 15-20 years then it moved to GGG and later stuff. I just think those kids are all grown up and now rebuying their childhood, high end versions of their childhood. Which is cool I am buying SOCs I have no connection to what so ever but I am enjoying the hell out of it.

Also the SRC line is riddled with Sentai bots.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

Why would your friends think that? This will be the third SOC Tokusatsu bot. Plus the 5 (rumored to soon be 6) Sentai bots over in sister line SRC.

But you correct in one regard. GX-71 and GX-72 do rather clearly indicate that Bandai's is making a more direct push into the Western Collectors market. That market segment has been quietly growing and surging past their expectations the past few years. Takara has seen the same with their MP line. Both are starting to cater more to the growing western market demand. Which is good for us.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

I think Sun Vulcan is looming over in SRC. They have shown prototypes of it. Just not announced and no release date. (So in Bandai terms, sometime this decade.) Classic Giant Robo we will likely see at some point. If just because that one is known to many western audiences. The only downside is it has aged out of the prime nostalgia window. Most that remember the show are 50+.

10. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait. Did I miss something? I thought the SRC sentai subline was dead.

11. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fully articulated SOC DRAGON ZORD now please

• Like Like x 1
  12. 009*

009* That Guy... Somewhere

News Credits:
    Interesting to see that some of the staff from the original toy have returned for the remake. Certainly explains why the proportions look so close to the original.

13. TaurusOxford

TaurusOxford Well-Known Member

Close maybe, but SoC has clearly gone to the gym in all the right places.

14. Soging

Soging Well-Known Member

Anybody have interest in a large lot of SRC GaoGaiGar? I've got

SRC GaoGaiGar
    Key to Victory 1
    Key to Victory 2
    SRC GaoFighGar
    SRC Genesis GaoGaiGar (w/ Hell and Heaven hands)
    SRC Big Volfogg

$150 plus shipping, heck of a bargain.

15. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

Bandai showed off an SRC Sun Vulcan at one of the trade shows earlier this year. But not a peep about it since. Which is not unusual for them. Sometimes they show off stuff that disappears for years, only to suddenly hit the market.
    SRC Sun Vulcan? | Robot-Japan
    There's a pic in that thread over at RJ.
    They've also shown off a SRC Gravion that we have heard nothing of. So these could of course be joining SRC Big O and others in Bandai Vaporware He'll.

16. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ha! You guys got me! I should have specify 'combining' sentai! LOL! Somehow I still can't get used to the fact that Leopardon (spelling) and Battle Fever Robo were released years ago...I think roughly a decade ago? I think they were designated GX-30s plus? I'll explain why my buddies were thrown off-guard by the Megazord's appearance below.

Very good point. It is perhaps a generational thingy and I guess BOJ has to cater to the newer generation of collectors. If I recall correctly, years back they realized this due to the declining sales in their other lines. Example, the original Gundam series (One Year War) so that was why they started re-doing that series via Gundam Origins.

I guess maybe because my buddies were grown up to watching the older anime and grew up with the original Chogokin line (HK, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore) so we never crossed our minds that we would see Super Sentai in this series.

However, some of us 'suspect' that Bandai would start catering to the western markets because of a series of product launches such as 'reissues' of their SH Figuarts Dragonball line and going heads on into Star Wars.

The SRC line didn't do so well (or so I was told by some Bandai rep) that's why a couple of the prototypes shown a few years back haven't been released to date.

I'm not sure if this is true but story has it that Saban was actually choosing between Chojin Sentai Jetman and Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger for its flagship MMPR show. The latter eventually won out - probably because of the dinosaur/prehistoric/mystical animals theme.

17. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the info!

I remember them showing that figure years ago and I thought it was canceled. If they're showing it again, it definitely means there's still hope for this and maybe they're still some for Gekitouja, Ryuuseiou, Daibouken and all the remaining Gokaiou forms too. :) 

18. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Yeah, Sun Vulcan was among the first SRC pieces ever shown so I had given up on it ever seeing the light of day, especially since the line seems to have become just a million Mazinger recolors...

I'd LOVE to see them start doing more Sentai bots (especially since I'd like to complete the original GoDaiKin lineup in SoC and the only ones missing are almost all classic Sentai pieces...Sun Vulcan, Dynaman, Changeman, Bioman, Goggle V, Daidenjin,

19. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I still hope they will eventually do the Ryuuseio SRC.

20. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

Bandai putting it out and showing it at a trade show is rarely a guarantee of anything. Bandai is weird though. They never throw things, especially designs, away. If they showed it off then chances are we will see it at some point. It just may disappear for a decade or two before they dust it off and put it out.

• Like Like x 1