The Soul of Chogokin, Soul SPEC, SIC, & Super Robot Chogokin Choking on Gokin Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by viper2391, Aug 29, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, the Walker looks funky! I didn't pick up Iron Gear because I'm afraid of getting sucked into the Xabungle series! I was drooling at Iron Gear the other day at my regular import shop! XD

2. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Well aside from Irongear, the other two Xabungle toys are some of the cheaper SOCs. I say go for it! You know you want to. :D 

I highly recommend Irongear to anyone that can part with the money though, he is one big, bad solid brick of manna from the toy gods. A highly posable brick, but a brick nonetheless!

3. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have all the Getters, I have the original SOC Getter Robo 3 pack in rare CHROME variant(training) colors. Freaking beautiful pieces, all in chrome.

I also have SOC Getter Robo G(Starvengers in the US) set with Dragun, Poseidon, & Raider(Leiger).

I do have SOC Mazinger Z and Great Mazinger too.

I can take some pics if you want, the Chrome Getter set is a real jaw-dropper.

4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:

Pics are always good! I do like Poseidon. Is he part of the Getter universe?

5. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yay, I found a GREAT price for the SOC Walker-Galliar! For anyone who has been considering this toy, www.LAFtoys.com has them on sale for $49.99. :) 

6. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Enabler!

(I've been looking for an excuse to get the Gallia for ages, anyway, ever since i saw it CDX review)

7. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    YOU BUY NOW!!!

And to spur you even more, Lost and Found Toys is a great online store with fantastic customer service and really fast shipping.

8. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have Raideen on Pre-Order already and just added these to pre-order:

[​IMG]

$79.95 for the whole set.
    This will be the second edition, the first edition was going for some big bucks. The detail and die-cast content are amazing on both pieces. The Tommy Davis(yeah I still go by his American name) figure is highly articulated and removable from the hover glider. If you've never seen the series the hover glider lands in the head of Mazinger(Tranzor)-Z.

I can't wait to get this piece.

9. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Holy shite, Godmars is really looking fantastic. I'm starting to think he's going to be the flagship of my SOC collection.
    www.toyskingdom.com.hk

Reideen and Jeeg (or at least his head!) are looking awesome, too.

Anyone plan to get the deluxe Reideen set with the mountain? I think it looks really dang cool but realistically I'd probably never display the mountain, so I'm not sure I should pay extra for it. The set with the mountain should be around $120.

10. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I've got raideen on pre-order but I seriously doubt that I'm going to get the mountain base too.

11. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I preordered Raideen from BBTS but I'll probably end up cancelling it and buying it from a HK source. Once I got over my paranoia about ordering from HK (no political reasons, just the fact that it's a long ways away) and found some AWESOME sellers, it's hard to go back. BBTS is good, but they take forever to get new SOC toys in stock, and by the time they actually get something in stock I can already be playing with one from HK. :) 

I might post more pics here tonight to keep the thread alive. I just got Xabungle and Walker Gallier a few days ago and haven't had time to futz with them yet. Need to do a group shot of them with Iron Gear. :D 

12. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Yeah, Getter Poseidon was the water form from the second season (Getter Robo G), but was also featured in Shin Getter Robo as a mass-produced baddie.

13. iron maniac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    From the pics it looks like Raideen is either the same size or just a bit smaller than Combatra(Combattler V), which is perfect. NOW MAKE A SOC DANGUARD ACE DAMMIT!!

I'm going to shoot some pics of my vintage 1977 Danguard Ace DX(he's still boxed and complete) over the next few days and post them in this section. He's officially 30 years old now, and along with Raideen is among the first transforming robots ever.

14. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Hell yeah, I'd love to see some pics of that!

15. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol 

16. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Dude, you have found the "secret" of getting SOCs cheap! LOL! However there is a "carch"...some Asian collectors feel that the the QC control for SOC toys meant for the HK market isn't as good compared to those meant for the Japanese market.

17. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I've heard that but I don't know how true it is. And besides, almost ALL toys are released in Hong Kong before anywhere else, so that's why sellers there have them before other places. That's the benefit of being in the country where the toys are made! :) 

18. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yes, although the toys are available in HK first, I would like to clarify one thing - the toys that are available first are the ones "meant" for the Japanese market. Then subsequently (maybe within a week), the one available for the HK market are released.

With regards to the differences in QC between the HK and Japan toys, its very difficult to spot the differences in the SOC line but the differences (particularly the colours) in the products can be sometimes seen in the SIC line (which is based on the "infamous" Masked Riders).

A couple of import shops I know, prefer the Japanese products because of the apparently lack of QC problems for toys meant for the Japan market. However, I would like to stress that I'm not saying that the toys are problems free.

19. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    If that's the case I'm sure I got Japanese market releases then, since the SOCs I've gotten from HK were available the moment they were released. Regardless of which versions I have (is there really any way to tell from the box?) they are beautiful SOC masterpieces and have what I would consider to be perfect QC, parts fit, paint etc. On every single one of my SOCs I can't imagine how any aspect of their assembly or finish could have been done better.

And how would we know that BBTS doesn't get the HK versions to sell to people? It certainly takes them a long time to get their stock in, so they'd have plenty of time to wait for the HK versions. And again, is there any way to tell from a box if it's meant for the HK or Japanese market? I find this whole thing rather curious.

20. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Gads...as if to prove how well made they are, five SOCs I had on a shelf just plunged to the floor after the shelf gave-way. I heard the horrible crash and then witnessed the sight of Xabungle, Walker Gallier, Zambo Ace, Lightan and Leopaldon lying in a pile of twisted limbs and pieces. It was about a 5-foot drop onto carpeting. Although Gallier came apart, Leo's head popped off and Xabungle exploded into dozens of bits, nothing was broken or harmed and everything popped right back together. Phew!