The solution to all tech problems....

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by rattrap007, May 12, 2008.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I had been having problems with my cable. I use the digital TV guide to know what is on and when. Well a couple weeks ago that part stopped working and it would say "No data available" Well I finally got around to calling the customer service. I listened to the automated help tip. I removed the power plug for a few seconds, plugged it back in, let it boot up and it works perfectly again. Also, A week or so ago when I hooked up my new computer they told me to just unplug the modem and then plug it back in and Vista would automatically know the settings. Well it worked. Is it just me or is this a universal solution to all tech problems?

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

doesn't work with my wife. boom boom!

3. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

It's a very basic and effective step for many technical thingys (except for Smangerbot's wife).

It's basically just resetting the troubled peice.

4. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Working as internet tech support for the local cable company, I can tell you why resetting the cable modem worked, if its anything like the ones we use. Each device you connect to it, has a specific Mac Address. Kinda like a social security number. The cable modem can only recognize one at a time. Resetting the modem, clears out the memory of the cable modem so, that it can learn the new mac address. I don't know what kind of modem you have or who you have for service, but thats more than likely the reason why.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OH Bloody Hell!! I was playing GTA4, and I couldn't beat one of the missions, so I unplugged the PS3 and plugged it back in, and now I had to start from my last save point :( 

6. monkeydluffy

monkeydluffy Agent of Hydra

i tend to just punch things when they dont work. 9 times out of 10 it doesnt make any difference though, other than making me feel slightly better

7. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

With a technical issue, power cycling (unplugging and plugging back in) is the first basic troubleshooting step that should be done... and please do it before calling tech support... will save you and me (i work tech support for a canadian ISP) lots of trouble

8. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unplug and wait 10 seconds. Always work for me.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My universal tech solution is to avoid as much tech as I can.