The SNAP of a toy breaking!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by agent j 15, Oct 1, 2012.

1. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

So there I am.

First day of my fall break, listening to some Gwen Stefani, when I pull my Generations Junkheap from my shelf.
    I began to transform it to robot mode, going through the steps both in my head and with my fingers, moving each hinge, straightening each legs, and activating the handlebar automorph.
    As I hold my plastic robot in my hands, I notice something milky gray on the ground.

I pick it up and notice it's one of the handlebars.

The plastic holding it in broke off, and a look of pure shock washed over my face as I held the small, rubbery handlebar.

This isn't the first time I've broken a toy. I snapped the leg off of one of my NECA Predators, broke the wrist off my NECA Gears Of War Lieutenant Kim, and once I took my NECA Alien out of it's box (Are you noticing a pattern here? I sure am.), it crumbled like a knock-off Lego set.

Every time a broke a figure, I got the same "OH SHIT" feeling. So, with that out of the way, have any of you ever broke a figure? Which figure was it? What feelings came over you as you broke it?

2. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

Ugh, when I first started posting on TFW last year, one of the local WI guys hooked me up with a MOSC Classics Smokescreen for a GREAT deal. I already own Prowl so I was excited to check out the repainted mold in robot form. As I got to the part where you rotate the shoulders out, the left arm snapped right off at the pin :mad 

3. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The problem was you used the automorph. Everyone I know manually moves the handlebars after the mass-breakages of Wreck-gar.

4. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Broke a Henkei Mirage's foot off during transformation (the thing was a floppy mess with lots of loose joints though). But as it turned out, I came to discover that it was actually a KO so I wasn't too broken up about it (in fact I repurposed parts of him for other figures/projects). I got myself a genuine Henkei Mirage and that figure's fantastic (no loose joints at all).

5. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

I remember reading a review of the mold on OAFE, and somehow got confused. I thought that moving the handlebars manually WOULD cause them to break, and the automorph is fine to use. The figure still works fine, but it's just not the same with only one handlebar.

6. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    At least Junkheap is still around in some capacity, so you could replace him. He's shown up in several discount stores around my area, and even my local TRU still had him in stock semi-recently.

On that note though, I've had this happen to me many a time.

-First time having RotF Buster Optimus Prime out of the package, tried to pull one of his gas tank pieces out that form his blaster, and it flew out of my hand and hit my stereo center, breaking a small piece off of the tab in the back. It still connects no problem, thank goodness, but that figure will never be mint again. Aside from one other time, he's been in his package ever since.

-Second time transforming DotM Wheeljack after importing him from overseas, find a small piece of blue plastic on my bed. Metal pink snapped through the plastic on one of the joints that holds his roof on. Currently superglued, and probably touched only sparingly from here on out.

-Two parts to this one:
    --Fiddling with my BW Transmetal Megatron after recently re-acquiring him, I notice brown flakes of plastic on my bed, and find the joint that holds his shoulder on beginning to crack. Had to be super-careful about transforming him since.
    --Fiddling with him a second time a couple weeks ago, just to re-assess the damage. One of his arms wasn't moving, so I try to give it some slight elbow grease annndddd...snapity snap snap. His entire left arm disintegrates on me. I was lucky enough to find a member on here who had a broken one he was willing to give up.

7. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    It's because Hasbro hates Gwen Stefani. This is your punishment.

8. PowermasterJazz

PowermasterJazz Well-Known Member

My ROTF Bludgeon's fingers broke off. GD open hands! GRRRR

9. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

Pfft I panick everytime a figure falls off a shelf.

10. Bakushan

Bakushan Well-Known Member

Snapped off the crotch guard on my MP Thundercracker this morning because I was following misprinted instructions. Yes, I am pissed.

11. s_cren

s_cren Banned

super glue is your friend lol

12. s_cren

s_cren Banned

400th post ! lol

13. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I cackle maniacally at broken figures. I insult them and call them names like, "Useless McBrokenface!" I go out of my way to make this toy know that it broke because it's worthless.

Then I sip a glass of wine while staring at fire.

14. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know the feeling, and so does my BWTM Megatron and his broken waist and arm that have been super glued back on.

Torca knows the feeling too with his broken tail and ribcage.

15. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    That is the truth.

Stepped on a G1 Onslaught my daughter was playing with and luckily super glue did the trick.

16. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Snapped KMC Cyclops clean in two transforming him for the first time. All I was trying to do was put the grey waist joint together. Wasn't even a QC issue, it was my ridiculous stupidity and rugged manliness.

17. faustx

faustx ShelfLife Founder

News Credits:
    I have a whole box of G1 stuff I've mishandled. The worst mistake I've made this year though was stepping on the box of my Red Vardia Starscream....

18. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    Er..I'd had thrown my Transformers Robots in Disguise Scourge against the wall...And his whole right arm just snapped off..A couple years back needless to say I was indeed mad.

19. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yes. many times. but the two worst i can think of are DOTM Shockwave and SDCC Swindle. i was transforming Shockwave into a tank and his head piece thing was being difficult. i put a bit too much force on him and his neck pin snapped in two.

Swindle broke in a similar manner. was trying to combine them and one of his tabs broke. when i heard the snap, my eyes widened and was white as a ghost. for the rest of the day i was pissed. unfortunately i lost that tab this weekend. retail Swindle wouldn't make a bad backup in case the other tab snaps

20. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Thankfully this has never happened to me but then I rarely handle my figs......now chopping them up on purpose is another matter :ev: