The Smaller Teams in TRANSFORMERS or the Mass Armies of ROTF & DOTM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Matt Starr, Sep 4, 2011.

?

The smaller teams of TF (2007) or the mass armies of ROTF & DOTM?

1. The smaller teams & more individualized characters of TF (2007)

39 vote(s)
    66.1%
  2. The mass Decepticon armies of ROTF & DOTM

20 vote(s)
    33.9%
  1. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

Redirect me if there is another poll/thread like this please.

What did you like better and why?

The more individualized characters and smaller teams of TRANSFORMERS (2007), where we are introduced to almost every character by name (except Scorponok) and each faction was limited to just a handful of characters, and we got to know the individual characters a little more;

OR

The mass army of the Decepticons in ROTF & DOTM, which largely contained unnamed, drone-like soliders, plus other unnamed, more unique soldiers (the four-legged Con in DOTM), alongsided the main Cons (Megatron, Soundwave, etc.); of which most of that "drone" army was used as brief fodder for the Autobots (SEE: Optimus Prime) and the military BUT looked cool and caused significantly more damage to Earth and the protagonists than the Decepticon team in TRANSFORMERS (2007).

2. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Definitely the first one.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

I personally like both,so unless that becomes an option,I'm not voting

4. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

The smaller teams! , why fix whats not broken, thats what Bay should've learn instead of bringing all these new characters and drones .

5. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

That's cool dude, I considered adding a "BOTH" option, but I really wanted to know what people who had a strong preference for one way or the other was thinking.

6. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Mass armies. I liked how ROTF and DOTM portrayed it as an actual war, not a skirmish.

7. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I have a strong preference for smaller teams. I think the sequels could have been improved with less pointless additions and random drones.

8. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I preferred the smaller teams. DOTM did it right with having a bunch of randoms though. Felt like they were actually doing something and there was a more legitimate reason for a bunch of them being there.

9. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

Smaller teams.

The huge Decepticon armies getting killed in DOTM and ROTF with 2-3 Autobot casualties made the few Autobots overpowered.

10. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Smaller teams... It makes it gives the Decepticons more of a fighting chances!
    In the first movie, the Decepticons were kicking ass and making it extremely hard for the Autobots and humans to win.

11. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    I loved the Decepticon battle in the first one.

They had a hell of a hard time fighting them and they came out of the movie like real badasses even thougth they all got killed but at least it took them a hell of a time to kil lthem...and a shot to the balls but come on that would kill anyone!

The movie 1 Decepitcons really gave out a feel that they were stronger and better and we could actually belive that they drove Autobots offworld, and only lost here because of the human factor a.k.a. ganging up on them.

As the movies went on the autbots cut thought the Decepticons like butter and I hated that.

12. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Personally, smaller Autobots armies (as long as it's the TF1 lineup with Sideswipe of course) and Larger DOTM sized Decepticons armies. That said, I won't vote.

13. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Smaller and more individualized teams. Just made the fighting feel more personal, and I had a reason to root for the bots taking down Brawl together and a reason to hate the cons.

14. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

It's a tough choice, on one hand you get to know your characters better and make the fewer amount of villains tougher. On the other hand, you don't get those awesome scenes like in DOTM where Optimus goes through like fifteen Decepticons. I chose smaller teams, because I still believe the final battle in the first movie was the best. There was more carnage and we knew both the Autobots and Decepticons teams.

15. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Small teams by far. The individual bots can manage at least some character, and each Decepticon death feels like it's actually advancing the plot.
    Mass armies is just endless killing, and rather redundant in DotM since they already "had" to kill Shockwave, the Driller, Starscream, Soundwave, Laserbeak, Sentinel, and Megatron on top of all that. I don't know about anyone else, but robot carnage just gets old after a while.

16. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I would not have opted for more than seven robots per side.

17. Starparu

Starparu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Smaller in this case is better.

TF1- 5 Autobots, 8 Decepticons (IF you count frenzy and scorponok)
    TF2- 13 (w/ wheelie) Autobots, 100 or so Decepticon Drones, 3 Named Decepticons.
    TF3- 12 Autobots, Hundreds of Drones, 5 Decepticons, 1 Traitor.

In # 1, everyone got named and the decepticons were a real threat. #2, they were blown up like origami, and in #3 they were a huge threat due to sheer #'s, but had no characterization.

18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I like the small teams. It gives the characters more development. in ROTF the high amount of named characters made the high amount of development seem like nothing. DOTM seemed to lack despite the smaller cast. I don't mind generics as long as they don't take development away from the cast and the cast should be small.

19. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

i prefer'd the small teams in TF1, and would have prefer'd them for TF2, i didnt care for the bigger battle force in TF2 if it had just been the Constructions, they could have received a little characterization which would have been nice, like maybe a scene of them preparing to Resurrect Megatron and sneaking on board the ship, instead of sams moms weed experience.
    But in DOTM the Decepticon Army didn't need Characterization it was meant to be a group of faceless soldiers just destroying every thing, while i wish the dreads at least got a group name drop or something to let you know that these guys are a kickass merc squad and shockwave could have been at least played as more of a red herring villain, maybe with some dialogue and the autobots at least thinking he was doing something, but he was just a advertising red herring. so thats what i think.

20. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Both. I liked how they pulled it off in TF1. I didn't really mind the armies in ROTF/DOTM. I just think they could've been implemented better.