the Small TF Titaniums

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mumps, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Well, from what I have seen of them, I really like em. I just got Starscream and the Arc, and they are great. The Arc looks a little weird, but it's still an awesome little shuttle. I just wish it had some resemblance to the G1 arc in the rear (IE: When you detach the front, the whole thing is hollow >_<) I could think of a much better design for the detachment.

Starscream is good too. Very good paint apps for such a small figure, and loving the smoke effect stand. In a lot of pictures, I see that his gun is flopped over a little. Mine only has that symptom in the handle, so when he's holding it, it's perfectly straight.

Biggest problem? Well, both these figures have a hexagonal hole in the bottom, like they would go into a their stand. But the Autobot/Decepticon stands don't have the pegs. The Arc has a skinny stand that holds it in a "flying" position, and that stand is too narrow to hold up. Well, it does hold, but any bump and it falls over. What really gets me is, that narrow stand has the hexagonal hole for a bigger stand to attach too!

I still love em though.
    *arc falls over*
    oops..

2. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got some clearcoat gloop and put that on the bottom of the stand and let it dry on the emblem, doesnt even fall over with a ship 5 times bigger that the Ark.

3. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I thought I'd hate these guys but...they're definatly growing on me.

Some outright suck, such as C. Megatron (The LOC looks better and transforms!). The Ark starscream just don't do it for me either.

But Bumblebee is dead-on. I love him.
    WWI Prime in all of his deformed monkey-pooping glory actually looks like a tough little bad-ass. I kind of like the huge-gun-arms-as-big-as-legs-hands-bigger-than-head bizzaro asthetic. The "dirty" paint apps rock too.
    Unicron is pure gold for his pure wackiness. He bowls, he dances, he plays dodgeball, he plays basketball! This is one world-destroyer who loves to cut loose!
    Alt Sideswipe and Jazz are both perfectly acceptable lil' statues.
    Beast Megs is "eh", but he's only $5 so what the hey...

Yeah, they all poop. And yeah, they all have wacked-out monkey proportions... but they're growing on me and currently populating a large chunk of my shelf.

4. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Some of the bases have pegs and some don't. I stole the base from 3" WW Prime to use for the Ark since it has a peg. The rest I'm not even going to use to display the little guys, they don't require the support and they'll take up less space without them.

5. Mumps

Interesting. I may have to choose carefully when I buy Prime then. carefully look to see which one has the peg, haha

6. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think only the first 3 (bw megs, unicron, WWI Prime) had pegs on the stands. Sucks the rest don't.

I like most of them so far, only passed on C-Megs. I'm not going ape over most of them, but a few upcoming figures (Predaking) will make me rather giddy.

7. Orion P

Orion P Cybertronian P.I.M.P.

can't say i'm a fan of them. i think imma just stick with the 6" ones.

8. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

I dont get the appeal of the 3 inches, I prefer the 6 inchers myself... wait, what? we're talking about the titaniums? Nevermind.. walks off whistling.*

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Thanks for the idea. Was about to go krazyglue

10. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but Unicron comes with a Decepticon symbol base/stand, and yet on the back of the packaging his tech spec says "Allegiance: None."

There's a big WTF?!? for ya.

11. Mumps

Hasbro was just too lazy to come up with a differant stand, so they just went with the "evil" one, for Unicron.

If I were them, I'd have him standing on a chunk of Cybertron.