The Simpsons TV Series Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Dr Kain, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

So I just spent the last month watching every single episode of The Simpsons. Do any of you watch the show? Or rather, did you? Do you still watch it to this day? What do you think of it? I pretty much made this for my full description. For those with ADD, essentially Seasons 1-9 are great and then it goes downhill during 10 comes back up in 18 only to drop again in 20 and just remain boring for 21-23.

The Simpsons - What Happened?

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I watch the new ones. Still find at least one laugh out loud moment in almost every episode. Not bad for a show so old.

Majority of rest of posts will be:
    1: Show should end.
    2: Show hasn't been funny for a decade.

3. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Used to love it. I honestly don't know how long ago they had a decent episode. Don't watch it at all now, it just feels like they're going back to old rehashed jokes that are done with a lot less taste imo.

4. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Used to watch it, I hardly watch the new episodes. I'll watch it every now and then if I have nothing else to do at the time. I still get a laugh or two from the new episodes but this show has been milked of all it's value.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Haven't missed an episode since it first aired. Still love it.

6. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I love The Simpsons. Though I personally think the movie was when they hint their peak and should have ended right there.

7. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it's weird how futurama gets better and better but the simpsons seems to be just... bland now.

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well to be fair to futurama, and the simpsons, futurama does have some what of an on going plot/story. while the simpsons is more like a comic strip, where each episode is it's own universe of things that happen.

plus the simpsons has been on for 24 seasons now. while futurama was off the air, *as in canceled* for about a decade. after 24 seasons, and a movie, i think one starts to run out of ideas for fresh episodes, and new jokes.

after all how many years can bart remain a third grader anyways? :lol 

9. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I have to admit the last flash forward future episode was well done. the one with the Christmas in the future mainly because they clonned Ralph.

10. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    It's not bad, but it's been going for too long. I try to watch when I can.

Still 30 million times better than Family Guy, though. Hell, Blues Clues is better than Family Guy.

11. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Last night's episode was pretty hilarious.

After watching a Storage Wars show (one looked like Barry) Homer decides to get into to storage buying. He ends up buying Grandpa's locker and discovers he was a wrestler in the 50s. Well initially they thought he was gay, but Burns was a fan of Abe's. Abe was a heel and cheated. Soon Bart starts copying Grandpa.

Great line when Homer confronts Burns and Grandpa he tells Grandpa he had to cheat at a fake sport. Burns say's:
    "Wrestling is fake? Why if that were true (Now directly to camera) that would make every fan in the history of the sport a complete moron."

12. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome "LEGO" Simpsons episode today. Always like good interactions between Homer and Lisa. Bart's creations was very fun! To be honest, I haven't watched the show in many, many years but tuned in when I heard about the theme. This episode was very similar to the recent "GI JOE" episode of Community too.

13. Dr Kain

Wow, that was by far the best episode the show has had in years. Probably since the Xmas episode with Maggie when she was grown up. The jokes were extremely funny. It did something new to the show that kept you interested. Why can't it be like this at all times?

14. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Liked the gag about it being the same plot as Lego Movie and you see someone wheeling a giant Wildstyle and Emmet in the background.

Overall a fun episode with good jokes.

15. Rewind

Rewind Space Hipster

News Credits:
    Same here.

16. Dr Kain

So like when is the full 26th season going to be out On Demand? I never watched anything from it outside of the THoH episode and I want to. However, On Demand only has the last 5 episodes of the season.

17. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

season 1 to 13 are my favourites, I don't dislike the new stuff but it just isn't really the same thing to me. I have a lot of nostalgia for the season I mentioned though, i grew up watching them, and when me and my girlfriend recently watched them all we enjoyed them more because of jokes we didn't get when we were younger.

I don't care if it ends or not, people still like it, so yeah, sure.

18. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

I would make the argument that Seasons 2-10 of the show was the best comedy TV series of all time. If it ended there, it would be regarded with the likes of Seinfeld and other great comedies. Sadly, the last 15 years has brought it down to mediocrity.

I think one of the big problems that turned me off to the show was that they made Homer way too stupid. He was never the smartest guy on the block, but he still was believable as a functioning adult who's capable of raising a family and keeping a job. At some point, they decided to dumb him down to the point where I can't even believe he's smart enough to tie his shoes or drive a car. I think the writers lost touch with what made him a great character.

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I'm glad to see that not everyone here thinks everything from season 8-9 onward is awful. While it's certainly not as good as it used to be, I've often enjoyed watching "Post Golden Age" episodes. As I've not watched many episodes in order, I couldn't say which season is my fav. I will say, tho, the last few years have been very poor. I think 23 onward.

20. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    I actually do enjoy many episodes from after 9 till about 14 or so.