The Sigma 6 Thread

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Devastator001, May 22, 2006.

1. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I found some new Sigma Six figures today. I bought two of them. The new figures are:

1) Long Range with Desert Gear
    2) Snake Eyes with Night Ops Gear
    3) Firefly

These three figures are priced just below $10.00

Four other figures are slated to be released soon. I haven't seen them yet. Do anyone of you know if these were sighted elsewhere before? I haven't heard any new news about Sigma Six for about four months now.

2. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

They started popping up online last week, but that's all I've heard.
    Where'd you get these?

I finally found the Wave 3 Commandos in stores last week (Jet Duke, Fire Heavy Duty), and I'm not sure they've hid wide distribution yet.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oooh... I want Firefly... Last one I got was the Sky B.A.T. which I love...

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

5. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I got those figures from Wal-Mart earlier tonight. Those three figures I mentioned in the previous post--are they supposed to be in the next wave or in a later wave?

6. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

Huh...I would have thought Firefly would look cooler.

-Shifty

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I saw all those new figures at my Target. I passed on them all. I did get excited when I saw Destro on the cross-sell on the back of the packages. Hope he comes out soon!

8. misterd

Found them all last night at the local WM. I like them all, especially Firefly.

Firefly is a radical departure from the original, but I think this one works really well. Rather than the Cobra saboteur from ARAH, he's going to be a S6 member who eventually betrays the team, hence the Sigma suit. The pair of lightsabers (called flame sticks) just makes him even cooler, but then Barry Manilow would be pretty cool if he had a pair of lightsabers. As for the face, I love the sneering sculpt. It really adds personality to the toy.

Night Ops Snake Eyes is decent, but only marginally recommended. Not nearly as cool as the original or Ninja Armor Snake Eyes, but better than the Ninja Battles version. Since the two Commando figures are still readily available, I would recommend buying those before NOSE. It would be better if his visor could come off to show his eyes, as it would make it easier to customize into a new character (Shockwave would be perfect).

Desert Long Range seems to be the least popular figure in this wave, but I did him. Sniper LR is one of the best figures in the line so far, so I would again get him prior to this one, but this one has some bits and pieces to recommend as well.

As for the new Commandos, they are Artic Duke, High Tech, Destro and Jungle Snake Eyes.

Clear pics of each can be seen at the link below, but they don't show the accessories.

http://afigures.com/g/?mode=view&album=GIJoe/Sigma_6_06&pic=6.jpg&dispsize=800&start=0

This link shows the figures from Toy Fair including the accessories, but some figures on display were clealy set up by blind monkeys.

http://photos.yojoe.com/showgallery.php?cat=570

9. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I can't wait to get firefly. If anyone finds an extra, PM me. The only commando I want is Destro. He looks cool. I don't need another Duke, nor do I want anorexic High Tech.

10. Chaos Muffin

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I got out of the Sigma 6 line after making a commitment to MLs. I got 2 Snake Eyes and his bike and that's pretty much all I wanted. I may get rid of Long Range, Duke, Spirit, and Heavy Duty at some point. If any of you are interested feel free to PM me.

12. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Cincinnati
    *Just Biding his time for 2007*

13. misterd

Before laying down my head last night I ordered the Wave 4 Commandos (Artic Duke, Destro, Hi-Tech, and Jungle SE) from BBTS.

14. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked up the new 2.5" S6 Cobra Mantis Mech w/ Destro last night just for the heck of it...still haven't opened it though as I couldn't get it in the house past the wife!

15. Chaos Muffin

16. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

eh what is firefly part of sigma 6, thats pritty fucked up. Firefly was one of the great cobra characters and the mask has to stay on.

CM: thats one badass bot destros in, you should buy another one and pimp it out :lol  (note to self never use the word pimp again)

17. Leonhart621

Leonhart621 Need more money

Courtesy of the Sigma 6 Central, follow these steps:

Step one:
    Watch a small clip of Season 2 by clicking <a href="http://www.joebattlelines.com/s6c/vids/JoeCon/Season2_01_Clip8.wmv">here</a>

Step 2:
    After watching the clip, feel free to browse the <a href="http://www.joebattlelines.com/s6c/toys/joecon_06_gallery/8in_Sold_Future/index2.htm">gallery</a>

18. Chaos Muffin

Awe man I was tempted to throw a crapload of superglue in S6 firefly's face and smash that mask on there with extreme force reaal good.

It's a great fig though. Just that stupid face, aaghh!
    So glad they remolded a second mask for him, that new version LH just posted looks soooo much better

19. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I've lost all hope for the S6 line. Every time I'm check the toy isle, it's nothing but lots and lots of Duke's and Snake Eye's of all kinds. I've never seen Long Range, Tunnel Rat, or even Cobra Commander. Occasionally see Ninja BATS. And only once I have seen Kamakura.

Hasbro, did you hire the guy that ran MOTU for Mattel, to run S6? Cuz it's deja vu.

20. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

I love the line, but please kill the He-Man like distribution of Snake Eyes and Duke's.

I really don't see the point of separately packaged figures like Duke just because he comes with jet wings.