The Shockwave theory. ---SPOILERS---

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Albershide, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Albershide

Albershide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK guys, I posted this on Michael Bay's forum but wanted to share it with you too and hear what you think.

Yesterday we got a little hint from a SFTE member who claims that he is working on the movie. I myself believe this guy. Now let me quote him what he said about Shockwave:
    "Shockwave does have slight purple in him in his original render, however Decepticons in the movie have always been dark. His bio and origin in the movie is pretty cool. All I can say is google the date 1908"
    I've made a quick search and found out that during that year was the famous Tunguska event. After that I connected the other bits of rumors that we've heard and here is my theory:

You guys remember this from ROTF:

[​IMG]

There was a newspaper with an article named "Mysterious Robot Spotted" with the picture of Shockwave. This shot was considered an Easter egg but what if the writers decided to connect this with the DOTM plot. What if actually Shockwave was on Earth during ROTF. And now with the explanation "how". I'll shortly quote WIKI about the Tunguska event:
    "In 1908 the Tunguska event, or Tunguska explosion, was an enormously powerful explosion that occurred near the Podkamennaya Tunguska River in what is now Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia. The explosion is believed to have been caused by the air burst of a large meteoroid or comet fragment at an altitude of 5–10 kilometres (3–6 mi) above the Earth's surface. Although the meteoroid or comet burst in the air rather than hitting the surface, this event is still referred to as an impact. The explosion knocked over an estimated 80 million trees covering 2,150 square kilometres (830 sq mi). It is estimated that the shock wave from the blast would have measured 5.0 on the Richter scale."
    So, what if actually Shockwave was the cause of that incident, what if he was that meteor or comet that landed in Russia in 1908. We all heard the rumors that in DOTM the Russians also discovered a Transformer. So maybe they retrieved Shockwave and kept him frozen like the US did with Megatron.
    Another rumor supporting that theory is the side mission led by Prime, Ironhide and Lenox that we've heard about. What if they go to Russia to retrieve Shockwave from the hands of the Russians.
    Another thing - these days there was some info released about the DOTM Game. One of the battle grounds revealed was Siberia. Well guess what - the Tunguska region is in Siberia.
    So pretty much that's it. I don't know if I'm right, after all this came just from one unconfirmed year but it really makes sense. And now I begin to understand why all the DOTM crew repeatedly tell us that this time they have a great story. The Apollo mission the Tunguska event - both real history events that would make the story more plausible.
    So what do you think?

If you haven't heard about the Tunguska event, here is the full article:
    Tunguska event - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. Hype1

Hype1 D Witwicky biographer

Very plausible theory, and it's good to see one with strong supporting "evidence"!

3. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    That's actually a good theory. Looks like Bay really has something in mind for the story.

4. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I think it's a pretty cool and a plausible theory, the only thing is I highly doubt we will see another Frozen Decepticon leader who is kept under lock and key by some shady government agency, it would be a repeat of the 1st movie and more importantly just freakin lame, does every country have a pet refrigirated transformer now?

However it could be something similar to his G1/IDW origins where he landed on Earth and went in to stasis because of some natural catostphere and has remained buried all these years...

5. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    sounds really good!

like you said

"real history events make the story more plausible"
    and they have a connection to the transformers makes the movie sound more awesome!

6. Albershide

News Credits:
    Yep, I agree. The only certain thing is that the Russians have to find him no matter if it will be in 1908 exactly after the impact or in later years.
    By the way the first serious expedition to the Tunguska region happened 20 years later.

7. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I like it all except the idea that he's been kept frozen all this time.

It would be far more interesting if he was active. Heck, he could've been puppetting the Russians into creating the Soviet Union.

8. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    One thing that dosent make sense isnt it noted that shockwave is in command of cybertron... or was this just us tryign to come up for a good reason why hes in the film.

this theory works but if shockwave is in command of cybertron how does that makes sense...

im not trying to rip the theory or that just asking a plasuable question to see if this is possible after all.

9. Albershide

News Credits:
    In Bayverse Shockwave was never mentioned to be on Cybertron. In Bayverse Cybertron is a dead world:

From TFWIKI:

"...In the war that followed, Cybertron was decimated. Prime eventually sent the AllSpark through a wormhole into deep space, and Megatron pursued it. Both were lost. Without the AllSpark's power, Cybertron became a dead world. The Autobots and the Decepticons scattered across the galaxy, hoping either to create a new world or locate the AllSpark and restore Cybertron."

10. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

I like the connection to Tunguska. I think Shockwave arrives with the Decepticon fleet but it's possible he was here first and went back to fetch them.

Anyway, interesting.

11. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Im liking this, the only bad thing is that frozen transformer ( I don't want to see shockwave frozen) I really like to find out what that side mission is that involes ironhide, prime and Lenox

your theory is really good

12. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Where did it say he was on Cybertron? I never read the extraneous materials, so if it said it there then that's cool.
    Megatron left him on Cybertron in the G1 continuity, but this isn't the same.

I just hope, if this is correct, that he doesn't have an obvious Russian accent.

13. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    im pretty sure its been stated hes on cybertron in command. pretty much why i said that.

14. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned before that Shockwave is the de facto ruler of Cybertron at the moment, don't remember where, Bay might of said it himself? In any case the movieverse is full of contridictions, for example: As you say we keep hearing Cybertron is a dead planet, yet in Reign of Starscream it seems to be pretty darn alive to me, with the number of both Bots and Decepticons still there.

However it is entirely possible that Shockwave has ruled Cybertron for the last couple thousand years in Megatron's absence... If that's the case what is 100 hundred years to to him? (assuming he came to Earth in 1908) It's probably no different to what we associate with a couple of weeks away from home.

15. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If the guy's right, it'd be great to have Shockwave coming to Earth following Megatron. Also the Tunguska Event fits perfectly here.

However, his mode is Cybertronian and frozen Shockwave... well, I don't see it clear.

17. hillyard

hillyard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  18. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Great theory, good work. If this was in the movie, I'd be satisfied, nice allusion to the comics, too.

I like the addition that Shockwave would not have been kept frozen like Megatron but may have been utilised by the Soviet Union / active in the formation of the totalitarian dictatorship. (/political disc.)

19. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huh? What's not to understand?
    I just don't think he should have an over-the-top Russian accent, that's all.
    Omega Purple, if you will.
    Although, a deeper and menacing voice with the hint of an accent would be appropriate.

20. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    No Im just shocked if that actually happen I might need to kill bay.