The Shield

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IACON, Feb 22, 2006.

1. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I see this show since day one. It was always, for my opinion, one of the best tv shows ever. I got to say that this season is the best season of all the previous ones. Mackey and his team face a serious IAD investigator that will stop at nothing to bring them down.

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

That ending... wow. Vic really came out nice this episode, with his explanation to Becca, and the suggesting Corrine get a lawyer. You feel for him that the team is kind of plotting against him now. Next week is the return of Anthony Anderson as Antwon! Woo! Though I can't imagine he really has anything to deal y'know? If he did he would've used it long before Kavanaugh came knocking. And the Strike Team in flak with MP5s? Hell yeah!

I am EXTREMELY upset about them calling the midseason break a "Season Finale" though. Instead of getting the extended 22 episode season, we're now essentially going to get 2 11 episode seasons. That's shorter than a normal one! If after Thief they move on to Nip/Tuck or Rescue Me, then follow that with the other, that means The Shield won't return until like January 2006. :( 

3. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

Yeah, but Nip/Tuck is a good show. You'll all be better off for watching it in between the Shield. :D 

4. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

The shield kicks ass! I missed a lot of last nights episode, but the storyline for Forrest Whittaker has been badass!

I loved last weeks episode when he tried to catch Vic and the team opening communications with Russian mobsters. I didn't see that ending coming.

I don't see how they are gonna keep Nip/Tuck interesting. I mean, are they gonna bring the Carver back or what? I mean, the season finale last season was badass with the docs thinking that Quentin had been killed, but at this point I think it would be stupid to bring the Carver back and just start all over again.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

The Shield has been the most consistently awesome show since it's debut.

As for last night's ep, daaamn. So many more questions. How's Dutch going to handle the Barn without Claudette? Will 4 seperate lawyers really help? Which of the team is going to flip?

It's amazing how a show like this can make you root for people who are essentially bad guys. Sure, Vic and Co. are loveable, but they deserve to be put away. Not only for killing Terry, but all the other shit. The money train, Tavon, etc.

I am going to miss Cch Pounder now that Claudette is dead though :( 

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Caught it last night. Really getting into this season. I've seen bits and peices before, but I'm trying to watch it on a consistent basis. Its really an awesome show. I like how Vic is such an interesting in that, despite being something of a 'bad guy', you still feel for the guy. Also, dunno if anyone heard yet, but Spike is actually going to be showing The Shield next month starting from season 1. Haven't heard like time or day yet, but it'll be cool to be able to go back to the beginning and watch what's happened so far.

7. shifty02

shifty02 Greetings Programs

I've only seen the first season of the show, but I really enjoyed what I saw.

I might just have to rent the seasons to get caught up and then watch the new season.

-Shifty

8. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

Actually the Shield is usually only 13 episodes a season anyway. I think 3rd season was 15 episodes but all the other seasons are only 13. Rescue Me is like that too. 13 episodes and then nothing until the following year. *grumbles*

I love this show though. It's had me hooked since that first ad with "Good cop and bad cop have left for the day. I'm a different kind of cop."

I just wish the seasons lasted longer, but then I don't think the shows would be as intense as they are cause they wouldn't have to force as much into an episode to get the story arc for the season done.

Spike TV is getting the show to put into syndication now as well and that's 8 episode shy of the 75 episode standard for syndication. Hmm.. CSI and the The Shield every night? I can hope. ;) 

9. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

We all can hope for the shield & CSI everynight!

10. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

I know its usually only 13 episodes, but they reported an extended season of 22 several months back, but are now taking a break at 11. Hence a now shorter season than usual. :( 

11. ashe5k

ashe5k Well-Known Member

Hadn't heard that. I wonder if they'll run it double duty with Rescue Me or if they'll wait until fall?

Course I hadn't heard about the extended season at all though so I'm grasping at straws. Thanks for the heads up.