The Shield, Series Finale (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by What About Bob?, Nov 26, 2008.

1. What About Bob?

What About Bob? Banned

So the Shield ended it's run last night..Wrapping up one of the BEST tv shows ever made in my opinion. With an amazing cast, rounded out with great secondary characters, storylines and perfect guest cast members..Every season of the Shield just got better and better..And it all ended last night.

Funny thing about this show was, you always had to remind yourself in the end that Vic Mackie was indeed a "bad guy" no matter who he was trying to do right by, he was always the bad guy..yet you spent the entire series hoping he gets away with it, and cheering him on when he did. the Strike Team itself was nothing more than thugs with badges and guns. Killing people, stealing money, pushing drugs, breaking any law when it suited them, it was a daily operation for them. Yet, right up to the end, you wanted him to get away with it. Even after he betrayed his partners, sold them out, some left for dead, everything finally to save him and his..And it all blew up in his face last night, and finally losing everything. His job, his family, his friends, his partners, the beliefs he held so strongly to through the entire show.

But, they did leave it on one note, not entirely positive..but, Vic walks out of his new desk job, still the fighter he's always been, put his gun in his belt and went out back into his world, not beaten, broken, but not giving up..he's still out there..And I think I kinda want him to win still.

What a great damned show. Nothing else out there like it. It'll certainly be missed.

2. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

There was some talk of a TV movie next year.I think that may be why the show ended like it did.

I couldn't help but think that Vic gave it up to ICE so Shane would have nothing on him,yet you can see the look on Vic's face when it hits him how Shane still screwed Him in the end.

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I have never watched this show.....I heard it was really good though. Might have to add it to my netflix.

4. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

I greatly enjoyed the finale, and thought everything wrapped up as well as it should. I've seen some complaints about Dutch's story not wrapping for example, but I don't really think everything needs a nice pretty bow. He and Claudette clearly know the boy killed his mom and they will get him, that's all the ending needed there. Anyway, I'd love to see a TV movie set after Vic's 3 years of penance. The ending showed us that Vic is a survivor, he might've lost everything; his family, his team, the streets, but he's still going and he'll be back.

5. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I stopped watching the show when i got cable, it ran here on syndication but only the first season or so, what happend with his ex wife and his daughter?

6. misternoodle

misternoodle Banned

cool show, that guy in the rubber suit from fantastic four amirite?

but not as cool as your user name btw.

7. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i will miss this show but after shane killed lam it was a sad sad day. i still watched and wanted shane to get what was coming to him. what he did to him and his fam was just nuts. he took the easy way out. he needed to pay with life in prison. His wife was just as bad. When they hooked up it was the end of him. Vic was a bad guy with a good heart. At towards the end he tried to do right but was pushed back into his ways.

I hope there is a movie to wrap it all up.not a bad ending could of been better. Ie not all the characters had a closer to there story. i want to see what happens to rony .
    over all a great show. It always kept you at the edge of your seat.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i missed it the other night, but had read at AICN that 4 people bought ranches.
    so who died?

sad about the ending. i was hoping for it to end the way it began. Vick on a case, and turning to face a pistol and the screen goes to black.
    just as he killed a cop in the beginning, he shoulda been replaced in the same manner.