The shallow-most Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by SpriteSODA, Mar 29, 2008.

1. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    After watching those Animated episodes, I came to the conculsion that they made Prime super shallow, he has no real charecther, no real part in the episodes, he's weak and not fearsome like our favorite G1 dude, and worst of all he has a mouth. If they really ment to make him so lame they should've given his voice to someone else and have David Kaye do Megatron or somethin :) 

2. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If the mouth is a bigger problem to you than the personality, you're watching the show wrong. ;) 

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    dude, he gave his life in the premiere! wtf.

4. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    I like his weakness compared to other Primes (not including Primal). It gives more room for him to grow in terms of character.

And seriously, just because he has a mouth doesn't mean that he's raping your childhood.

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Being a serious Bayformer-hater, I had a hard time accepting Prime's mouth in animated while I only saw the pictures. But when I saw the show, I instantly forgot about it... ;)  His character hasn't been flashed out as much as Bulkhead or Ratchet, but certainly there were some very Prime-centered episodes, he really shines in the 3-part starting episode and 'Along came a spider'.

6. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Keep in mind that this Prime isn't G1 Prime and David Kaye does his voice to the best of his talents.

7. SpriteSODA

SpriteSODA Well-Known Member

My mouth remark was just a joke=]
    I still think this prime is quite boring and not a favorite of the crowd anymore. where are the days were he threw Megatron from the tip of a pyramid :p 
    Oh and about David Kaye, i ment that he's a great voice actor and he should be acting a charecther with actual lines in the show.

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Prime's story should take centre stage shortly, Megatron Rising (this week's episode) is all about him, and there are some season 2 episodes dealing with his past.

I actually think this Optimus is far more interesting than the other Optimuses we've seen in the past, he's not a gifted commander, he's not even a good commander. He's mostly "we need to do this" "shouldn't we do this instead" "uh, yeah, okay, do that". A leader in training, ultimately as the show progresses I think we'll see him begin to rise to greatness and become the leader we all hope he will be.

9. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    This is one of my favorite Primes. He's not the best at everything he does, he's not always the last resort, but you can see some of the qualities that will make him "that" Prime. He's not the "John Wayne" G1 Prime, but he's not some bull@#it God Mode ultimate weapon or whiny weakling. He's proving himself. I think of like Neo in the first Matrix. Seeing him become the best was way more fun than once he was the unstoppable unbeatable machine. I think the same will be true of Prime.

10. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong, I love the more heroic in charge Primes (G1, Live Action Movie etc) but it's nice to have a change of pace with Animated Prime.

11. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Ya I keep wanting prime to be a more impressive figure. I dont think anyone can dissagree prime is the weakest developed character of all and in my opnion is my least favorite.

I dont know how they could be so perfect with all the other characters and screw up prime who should be the center piece. I keep waiting for an episode where the all spark does something to him and he becomes a bit more intersting and atleast hold his own with atleast one decepticon. Soundwave is even more interesting with just one episode

12. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    EDIT - Never mind. I didn't put that fairly.

13. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

your opinion
    but of all the transfomrers toys primes is the weekest sell in the animated line.

So dont let facts get in the way bud

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't you see the Voyager Prime dude? That thing is JESUS in Voyager Class-Sized form!

15. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    I editted my post to take that out, but that strikes me as a tad hypocritical.

16. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    In my opinion, most past Optimus Primes haven't had much of a character.
    They're mostly just Mary Sues.

Basically I think they're already developed characters that the other characters use to bounce off of and grow.

17. Wiggyof09

Wiggyof09 Well-Known Member

Prime's character is much like Primal from Beast Wars. He isn't a seasoned military bot. But, given time, he'll grow to become a respected commander of his group. I mean look at how often the maximals ignored Primal in the beginning but by the end of Beast Wars Primal was a respected and powerful leader. Personally I think it's a much better way to show Prime's rise to greatness than the G1 way.

I mean would you rather it go this way:

Hey, this bot got his ass kicked. I know, we'll rebuild him and he'll instantly become the greatest leader of all time!

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Actually, I'm enjoying this Prime a lot more than many recent Prime's. Sure he's not the best of the best yet, but you can see the early character traits that will turn him into the character that we know.

And I'll take that anyday over the friendship, love and justice speach wielding crap that we've recieved since Armada... ugh...

19. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I'm viewing Animated as "Prime - The Origin". He's NOT a great leader yet; he's next to nothing, stuck in a VERY bad situation, and trying his hardest.
    If G1 Prime had never made mistakes, he would never have become the great leader we all know. (go read the comics, especially the stories about the Underbase)

20. Darkprime

Darkprime Antigrav Singular Destron

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm liking this prime too as it's fresh. David Kaye is doing a good job with the voice to make he seem younger and less experienced, but trying to take charge, just as the writers intended. I hope by the end of the series he still has some quirks to make him stand out and be less dull than the last 5 years of prime we've been given.