The Sequel Game

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transmetal2dinobot, Oct 2, 2008.

1. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    I'm one of those people that was really psyched about the first movie game(i have the armada game and the japanese g1 one) and had a mixed reaction. It was a fun game, but it got a bit repetitive, and there were a lot of lighting bugs

what i'm trying to say is, what do we think the sequel game will be like?
    we have a bigger cast, and a different developer involved, so are we projecting better or worse?

2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This one is easy to work out, just follow the formula of all direct movie tie-in games:

IF a movie tie-in game
    THEN it sucks

3. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Hey! That's not fair! What about....ummmmm....th-no........how about?....no....ummmmm....Spider-man 2 was good?

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I only played the Autobots and Decepticons games for the DS. They were fun to play with, until I finally managed to win those games and got tired of replaying them to see how much faster I could win the game.

I'm dying for any TF game right about now... TF2, Animated... I don't care! Need new TF games for the DS!

5. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    It needs to be full on open world like GTA/Crackdown/Saints Row.

The DS games nailed it perfect if they had a better graphical prowess to execute it with and better controls. That's what I want.

A game where you name your bot, scan your alt, and can scan any vehicle in the game to acquire more. Several of the movie areas interconnected by methods in a main san andreas size like world (airports, military base etc for transportation to new places).

Custom detailing and paint apps via custom HQ garages, so your bot can be more you.
    Fully destructable enviroments again. And of course the option to play as movie bots or cons again in two different stories and outcomes. With a G1 cybertron city unlockable, along with more G1 bot models to mix it up even more with the custom system too. So you can mix and match styles within vehicle choices (g1-aec or movie style).

Also bring back the pedestrians, and threat level system, and a way to reflect public opinion of autobots and decepticons. Like if you're a decepticon who saves people, public opinion would push earth forces towards attacking autobots and not you, or if your an autobot who cares less about devastation and humans you could also be attacked by military as a traitor or shunned by prime, or even reprimanded by him etc. Almost Fable like I'd prefer. Like an option to switch sides if you meet enough requirements.

The fallen and original 13 must be in it too. Preferably using the G1 cybertron city as the landscape for their scenes, which preferably not playable characters, would make an awesome use of the bonus map before it's unlocked.

Tighter controls, and more combat variation would also be nice. So you can attack while running or rolling on wheeled feet, swords, guns, combos, and throws, on top of the already used engine of chucking stuff at bots too. More versatility in dodging enemy attacks would be nice too. Co-op play for upto 4 people on one console, and online co-op/team vs is also a must. Preferably Decepticon v Autobot deathmatch, with various modes like capture the district (king of the hill), get the allspark artifacts (capture the flag), and normal city wide death match. Online play preferably should allow at lowest 10, but with current latency issues, even 4-8 would be fine. To really wow us though for online it needs to allow 16-32 for these GTA world maps, with the transportation to other locales locked in online use. Maybe have the setup choose the size from extreme large to extreme small like arenas, to allow the other locales that have to be loaded that aren't part of the main 'san andreas-like' world city. The world needs to be massive and mostly interconnected though so you can barrel down highways to get to the fight etc. Seriously MASSIVE. Also make all tech scannable as an alt to hide, including stop lights, soda machines, boomboxes and more. So we can be whatever height we want in this massive world to explore. Be frenzy and sneak around on foot, or be starscream/jetfire zooming through the levels. Variety is key. Roof hopping Frenzy like usage would rock, as would a human pretender former who can go into public places.

6. OVR_RUN

OVR_RUN Jazz Meister

News Credits:
    Damn you thought this one out lonng and hard!

7. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:

Damn straight, that's my dream game.

THe only thing that would make it better is if it offered augment agent use too on the human level trying to combat these robots and other mission stuff with custom outfits, and shops, and a variety of fighting styles you can learn and switch between like weapons in GTA though it's entire fighting game move sets instead of just gun or sword or punch. If it was an MMORPG, they could integrate all the ideas into a pretender like system, with city hall main hub for the online play.
    ALso real DLC like more parts, weapons, styles, missions, and suburbs being built. If the developers feel brave, a random city generation that is different per save game so if all the worlds interconnect they are still different somewhat. Also DLC should take a nod from hasbro, a new head can go a long way. =D

Hidden Space Bridge in a desert or forest hidden deep away from the city would be the warp to the cybertron map. Maybe one high in the sky too for space planet choices not cybertron. (Mars, saturn rings, the moon etc.)

Another plus to human sized stuff is attempting to exit a building as a transformer battle ensues outside and starts forcing it to crumble, or if you as frenzy ran into an office building while a buddy as barricade was fighting Prime, just to have your partner jump out an office window he thought was right, and be four windows too far down and miss hitting prime. Or miss judge what he cand do to prime and goes splat against the back of prime's head. With real building that have layouts involved you can drive to freight elevators etc too. Where someone in frenzy mode could sabotage etc. Full on war on all sizes and areas of potential hiding types.

Personaly for giggles in this massive world, I'd put the nemesis deep out into the ocean, and the ark mountain even more remote location than the space bridge, though opposite end of the map as it or something to keep them both being from discovered roughly near the same time. Maybe even have the Space bridge hop between various world locations per some form of pattern that's explained through a bonus beat the game mission. So it offers more randomness to where it is for random discovery before the mission, but vanishes if they don't check it out within the amount of time allotted by the pattern hopping.

8. OVR_RUN

OVR_RUN Jazz Meister

News Credits:
    man idlove to see whats all going on in your head man lol.

sounds awesome, though they may never take it that far. but they should improve on the frist game, the choose your sides was real cool. now all we can do is just wait and see what comes next.

9. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i think it won't suck, because they know they dropped the ball with the first one.

10. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

they should just make a TF fighting game, now THAT i would buy

i got the first game and only played throgh the decepticons

11. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.

Needless to say, it's fun. xD

But yeah, sadly they won't go that involved with the engine, though they did lay some decent groundwork that it could expand into somethinglike that over time. I just don't seem them tapping the true potential as of yet. No one really realizes the power behind a DEEP interactive world sandbox besides Rockstar. Though it seems many are learning. And TF DS was the closest thing to the GTA world in 3D ever on it.

12. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i know how you feel buddeh, a million thoughts a second

it would be nice to have some real sandbox action though

13. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

All of this deadend I think me and you could design a sweet game...cuz just like you there is always something rattling around in my brain! lol

I think it would be cool if it were more dramatic....I would like a M rated transformer game....with a great story..maybe simom thurman could think of a script...I think if t resembled gears of war in a way it would be out of this world...

14. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I hope you do realise that a game like that would take alot longer (and cost alot more) than is possible for side-by-side release with the movie, right?

That's the problem with (movie) games..it's not that game developers are lazy or bad, there is a buget and a time for delivery, that's why alot of great ideas don't make it in the final game, or the final game is buggy/sloppy/uninteresting. Seeing as movie games have a lot tighter schedule than other games, these titles tend to be the worst.

Sure, go ahead and great a GTA style open world gameplay with endless customization possibilities, etc. etc. I will see you all in 10 years! :) 

As for a more realistic expectation: I don't want it to suck as bad as the first movie's games. The DS versions were the best..relatively..because they were horrible. The console versions were total crap, gameplay wise (still, looked kinda decent).

I'd love to see a Battlefield kind of game with Transformers. Pick a side, select your bot and it's associated alt mode and play multiplayer. No need to follow a storyline and waste time and energy on single player level design, props, cinematics, etc. etc. Focus on multiplayer gameplay and make a kick-ass multiplayer Transformers game. :) 

15. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

It's not impossible, it's just that no one has bothered to make a good TF game yet besides the Armada one. The tie-ins can suck all the way but all this while there's still no decent TF game being developed, though now we have the Animated game.

16. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    The problem with tie-in games is they are created with little time and lots of effort! BAD mixture in the gameing world!

BUT, the game pulled it off for, me, amidst a little bad lighting effects I would have to say they did a good job with the little information bay gave them and the time they had to create it.

But the good news is that now since they have the template for the first game, it will be alot easier to throw in a few new characters, and change things around, that is why usually second tie-ins turn out to be better.

There is truth to that, the spiderman/venom game was pretty cool IMHO, I'm a dope for any sort of RTSMMOFPS games :lol  how is that for a mouthfull?

17. Digilaut

News Credits:
    You're right, it's not impossible..as long as the game is not a tie-in to the movies, and developers have more time. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

18. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

This game cannot be good, simply because the developers probably have not even begun programming. That is why movie games suck. Maybe I am wrong?

19. Digilaut

News Credits:
    Making games takes more than programming..alot of pre-production work before it is decided what will be feasible content for the game and start real production, but I'm pretty sure there's being programmed..;) 

20. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

I only meant that the final robot designs, aside from the guys from the first movie, are probably not finalized. Bigger bots might have to move differently. Maybe the programmers do not have that kind of info yet. Things such as weapon systems and special techniques are probably not known yet either.

Sure, they can make maps, and stuff.