The Secret Weapon to end the war.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wu Jen, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Still doesn't make sense. You'd have to setup pillars "inside" or near the deception base (read outside their defenses) so how would it "win the war"? And soon as troops start popping out near the base explosions would start happening and if one of the pillars is hit the bridge goes down. Again not a game changer. Handy yes.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

You don't seem to understand what I meant: On DOTM,the pillars are on Earth, they open a Space Bridge to the moon, the robots come through it to Earth.

Now think: The Pillars were needed on only one side.

What I mean is: They don't need to setup pillars inside the Decepticon base, they only need to setup the pillars on the Autobot base, then open a Space Bridge from the Autobot base TO the Decepticon base, and send their troops through it.

The pillars would be safe and sound on the Autobot base, no pillar would ever be even NEAR to the Decepticon base.

3. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

Where did you get the idea that you only needed pillars on one side? They had pillars setup on the moon and they set them also up on earth. If you watch the movie again, go back and look at the scene where they are coming out of the ground on the moon, you can see the pillars in the distance. As for cybertron I'm guessing that Sentinel had them setup there before he left and nobody bothered to remove them.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    That i did not know about before. AWESOME!

5. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

movie wants us to believe giant robots with advance technology need humans as slave labor.

best to move along, not give it much thought.

book/comic i believe say they need our metals, why other lifeless planets couldn't do for that your guess is as good as mine.

why a space bridge is key when decepticons in general seem to have no trouble coming to earth? no idea.

6. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Slave labor to strip mine Earth. Industrial base to supply Cybertron for its reconstruction.

7. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I find that extremely unlikely [the Cybertron part and the moon part] there was a FREAKING WAR going on and the pillars stood there, without anyone even touching them?

I stand on my opinion that we only need pillars on one side.

8. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing about portals is that there are two openings in order to make it work. That's the Space Bridge itself.

From what I gathered, Sentinel had all the Pillars on the Ark. He didn't want the Decepticons to get them (or so he made it appear), so he would not have left any behind.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Lots of asuming going on in this thread...

10. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

I think it was only called a secret weapon in the Autobot ranks because none of them knew it was really a item that would be pacted over with Megatron.

The only way it would have ended the war would be by giving Megatron a peace pact with subservience locked in as well.

11. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    My guess is Jetfire had a different type of spacebridge then the one Sentinel made. Since Jetifre was a seeker his spacebridge was probably made more for small amounts of people and not a whole army. Sentinel had more pillars and thus could move bigger targets.

12. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

I thought the pillars were with the cons on the moon, when he opened the bridge they brought some of the pillars through with them and ran off to distribute them around the globe.

13. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You asked if Sentinel had left any Pillars on Cybertron. He had them on the Ark, then after it crashed the Decepticons looted the Pillars from the wreck, save the 5 Sentinel "saved". They then brought them to Earth after Sentinel open the Bridge with the 5 Pillars he had.

14. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

I'll have to wait for the DVD but I could have sworn the cons on the moon some of them jumping through had pillars in their arms when they came though.