The secret of Omega Supreme

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

In that episode we see Megatron back on Cybertron at some point before the war or during the war with the Robo-smasher, at that time was he building up his Decepticon army? or was it already built? Cause we see this robot citizen that got brainwashed by the Robo-smasher. And last question did Prime exist at that time?

Thanks

2. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    well yes, prime exsisted at that time. now whether or not he was prime or still orion pax is to be determined. given how carefree people were walking around, i would say still building his army since planet wasnt complete war state.

3. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

Optimus Prime was Optimus Prime as soon as he was rebuilt. Alpha Trion states his name.

4. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

But when in history the events in this episode happened wasnt made clear, so we dont know for sure if Alpha had already rebuilt Orion.

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The dialog stated he was trying to "swell" the number of his army.

Which means he was adding new troops.

We cant say for sure because a "time" wasnt mentioned.

6. Cobalt Agent

It would seem to follow that as Megatron is seen attacking "Sentinel Prime" in FFOD as soon as he's built, and Optimus Prime is rebuilt at a point in which Decepticons/flying robots are new phenomena and Megatron's attacks are merely rumors going by the lines of Ariel and Dion, then I think it should stand that the robo-smasher incident happened after Orion became Optimus.

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Why?

A] the name "Sentinel Prime" was never used in FFOD
    but thats a different debate

B] nothing in FFoD states Megatron killed that leader/autobot as soon as he's built, it could have been days, years,decades or century's later

Also how does the idea of flying robots being a rumor effect this issue?

8. Cobalt Agent

Dude seriously? Instead of deconstructing everything look at the context.

Megatron gets up after being built and runs off with the "constructicons" and shoots the guy. Don't argue with me about him being Sentinel Prime, I'm just going by retcons. Regardless, the name doesn't even affect my point. Megatron is built then immediately is shown attacking. It's not years being shown or implied. Seriously.

I'm illustrating that Megatron's forces are just being heard of in War Dawn. Omega Supreme's episode makes Megatron's presence a known known. The Secret of Omega Supreme establishes that the Decepticons have already been causing trouble, which Omega Supreme must deter, and before being reprogrammed Scrapper shows that he's aware of who Megatron is.

No need to over analyze to the point of nihilism. Sure, if you want to twist everything around and deconstruct every possible factor, then sure a quick panel could equate to centuries. We're lead to believe otherwise, and taking a cartoon like this out of context is only going to complicate any attempt to understand a functioning timeline.

I think the context of the episodes shows that the events go as such:

FFOD -> War Dawn -> The Secret of Omega Supreme
    Megatron is built -> Starts his campaigns -> Is an established force

It feels like in an effort to prevent false conclusions from reading too much into the cartoon canon, you inadvertently prevent the drawing of any conclusions by reading even more into it.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I have. and theres nothing in the context that delievers that mesege.

The entire sequence is full of time lapes.We dont see Megatron run off "AFTER" he gets up.

Its 2 different shots.We cant know how much time happened between them.

I'm not arguing, I'm pointing out a fact.

yes, seriously.

As I said above, the entire "vision" that Rodimus was watching is full of time lapes.We cant say for sure what was or wasnt " immediate".
    By Orion and Dion.And even Aeril knew more then the others.Alpha Trion seemed to know even more.

could be it was just NEW news to some while others were more informed.

Again, to a few, but theres nothing in the episode in question that states its well known info to all.

And so does "War Dawn".

Aerils dialog and Alpha Trions "working to rebuild others" is evidence of that.

which only proves Scrapper is well informed.

its fun for me.
    I'm not twiosting anything around.

I'm just not making any assumptions or jumping to any conclusions.

I'm just stating that the evidence itself does not indicate or definitively supports your conclusions about those events.

We werent lead to believe anything.

They dont mention enough to say either way.
    And it seems like an wasted effort to jump to conclusions not supported by anything solid in the episodes.

Better to prevent the drawing of any conclusions, and just admitting we dont know, then to make claims and assumptions and pass them off as facts.

10. Cobalt Agent

I'll stick to some canon over no canon. The flashback shows the "constructicons" with Megatron as he attacks. The animators/writers are more than likely conveying that the scene is immediately afterward and the fact that there's a lapse in the flashback isn't evidence to the contrary; the same characters being used signifies that no it wasn't centuries apart or even a long period of time. The fact that Ariel only heard about an attack, that it's a rumor, and that she's quickly dismissed as believing anything she hears doesn't just show Dion's ignorance but that the attacks are recent an relatively unknown. Whereas Omega Supreme is actively guarding against the Decepticons and their attacks aren't rumors but recorded knowledge. Simply writing things off gets us nowhere. If Scrapper can immediately recognize who Megatron is, and the Decepticons are a well-known fighting force, then more likely than not the Decepticons under Megatron have been active at least longer than they were in War Dawn.

11. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    That's not necessarily true. In War Dawn, the Autobots have heard about the flying robots, which means they must have been known elsewhere in order for the story to be spread. It is entirely possible for this to take place before War Dawn in another part of Cybertron where the Decepticons are more widely recognized.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

The problem here is that your making guess and assuptions, but theres no "canon" that definitively states what you claim.

But it doesnt state how long after he [Megatron] was created that event took place.

Why?

its your opinion that its "more likely"....thats how you perceived it.

But considering the entire vision is full of lapes in time and history theres no reason to believe anything is "more likely".

Sorry, but theres no logic in that claim.

These characters are long lived, so it very well could have been a long period of time.

And theres a very good chance,which the evidence supports, that the guys that "built" Megatron arent even the same team of Constructicons we came to know in seasons 1&2

Which indicates others may hav known more then she did.

And Alpha Trion surly did know since he had upgrade plans already in egffect.

Sorry but your jumping to an other conclusion.

Theres nothing that states he was specifiably guarding againest Decepticon attacks.

As a matter of fact the dialog suggest he was guarding the city before the Decepticons became a threat.

And where does assumptions and making things up get us?

I repeat, Scrapper may have been well informed
    And nothing in the episode states Megatron and his army were well known to all or that they were even known as a fighting force.

All Omega stated was that they were causing trouble.

But what kind of trouble was never stated or hinted at.It could have been protesting, political issues, theft of valuable equipment, sabotage of the government or commerce.......or so many more possibilities.

Omega's dialog was vague, and your jumping to conclusions about it.

13. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

So how many more threads are you going to make about over-analyzing every single minor aspect of the Sunbow cartoon continuity? :) 

14. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

See I didn't wanna say it cause I do love discussing the original Transformers cartoon. But at the same time, I can't help thinking the exact same thing.

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I know I'm quiltly of over-analyzing, but I'm just adding my 2 cents.I dont start these topics.:thumbs2: 

16. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes because prime said he remembers crystal city.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

And, how does that prevent him from remembering it as Orion Pax?

18. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey guys, what's going on in--

--oh.

*spins on heel and walks right back out of thread*

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Exactly.

An other possibility is that it happen on the same day [same few days].

Megatron may have planned for the constructicons to destroy crytal city and to get Omega's attention as he robbed the energy storage plant.

20. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Orion Pax, Arial and Dion were Autobots? but were they still slave of the Quintessons?