The Search For Alpha Trion

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

What a great episode. On to the topic now lol. As i was watching the episode last night, it just clicked to me if it wasnt for Elita-One would Prime would of been melted down to scrapp? and most probably The Matrix destroyed. So with no Matrix anymore and there werent going to be any Matrix passing at any Autobot. So my question is with no leader on The Autobots team it would of been an easy victory for The Decepticons? Then if that's the case we wouldnt of had The Movie in 86 and Unicron would of been able to do as he pleased. What do you guys think?

2. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I don't think that would have destroyed the matrix. It would have survived even if prime didn't and, since it obviously has awill of it's own, tried to find it's way back to a worthy transformer.

Also the Autobot leader doesn't have to carry the matrix to be leader. Nor does the custodian of the matrix nessisarily lead the autobots. So I don't think th deceptions would have had free reign over the planet simply because of the absence of the matrix.

3. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

Yeah, I tend to think of the matrix as being virtually indestructable.

4. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Then which Autobot would take over if Prime fell into the acid?

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

ditto

6. TwilightNero

TwilightNero Maximal

Ebay:
    I'd say Ironhide seeing as he's the most experienced

7. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    I brought this issue up a long time ago, during Beast Wars season 3 was still on the air. The fact that Megatron was willing to kill Optimus Prime in the past so he could rule Cybertron. The problem being that if Prime was dead and left in the Ark never to be found, nothing would have stopped Unicron from eating Cybertron. It always seemed like Megatron didn't do his history homework!

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Ummm, BW Megatron said he was going gto kill Prime....but not so that HE could rule Cybertron.

The plan was that with out Optimus, the Predicons would rule and not the maximals.

he never mentioned himself from what I recall.

9. Tripredacus

News Credits:
    Yes correct. I wasn't sure if he mentioned himself or not in that picture. I haven't seen Season 3 episodes since they were on TV unfortunately.

10. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Personally I feel that if Prime and the matrix were gone, the Decepticons would have made a deal with Unicron.

11. Tripredacus

News Credits:
    Not to derail the thread much more, but this would also go along with the OP's question as well. We already know that the reason Unicron stayed away from Cybertron was only because the Matrix was there or there was a Matrix bearer. If neither of those conditions had existed in BW or in The Search for Alpha Trion, it isn't crazy to think that Unicron would have gone after Cybertron right then and there.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I never got the impression he was staying away from Cybertron.He just wanted the matrix out of the way when he got there.

As for why he didnt go to cybertron when the matrix was mia for 4 million years..........space is vast, he may have been too far away.