The Samsung Galaxy Thread: (there needs to be something clever written here)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Treadshot A1, Jun 1, 2012.

1. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

yeah 4g is overrated atm...most carrier plans have a 4G data cap and instead of dropping it to 3G, it's down to EDGE.

too bad there's no way of changing the GSII to 3G (T-Mobile). my old phone id listen to Pandora/IHeartRadio my entire workout.

2. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I love my S2, I wanted a smart phone for so long, but really didn't want an Iphone. Funny going back to having such a large phone after years of things getting tiny. Anyway, its far better than the BBs I've ad the past few years...

3. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I am thinking of switching my iPhone 4 to this. Any word of advice for someone who has never owned a smartphone other than an iphone or blackberry. I mostly email/text, Facebook and stream movies/music.

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

no matter how you look at the brands, anything you can do on iPhone you can do on an S3, and then some. That just comes with the Android territory. It's an OS which frankly was made to be open, so there are so many apps on it that you can find one for whatever. Facebook for Android should take care of fb, WhatsApp will message for you for free and the S3 hs no issues streaming music or movies (plus, you're dealing with Samsung's Super AMOLED. screen, which works wonders).

I'd suggest just switch. You won't miss out on anything, so it's either a win or at least not a loss.

Oh, and the screen's bigger. :thumb 

5. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Thanks man! It is funny how little I use my phone as a an actual phone. If the S3 can do the same stuff as my iphone I might as well give it a go.

6. Treadshot A1

Always remember, an iPhone is a beginner's phone. The only way you can do worse is to switch to a Windows Phone (no, seriously, those have issues). Android is always capable of more, though the interface puts people off.

I should mention, to be objective, that you will miss Siri. Samsung has S Voice, but the two side by side make Siri sound like ABBA while S Voice sounds like a broken record. It's seriously that bad. S Voice will work, I've posted FB Updates with it, but depending on what you sound like, it will have issues. With my voice, all F's sound like S's, so it keeps thinking I want to go to [noparse]www.t[/noparse]sw2005.com instead of here.

That said, most people just navigate to what they want instead of worrying about the hassle of voice control, so I'm not sure if that's important to you. I never use S Voice (or any voice control), so I don't really care.

7. UMC

UMC Huh?

News Credits:
    you can always download Iris to your S3 lol

I got S2 last year and I just got pebble blue S3 a weeks ago

[​IMG]

8. Treadshot A1

Iris? I assume spellcheck got Siri backwards?

9. UMC

UMC Huh?

News Credits:
    check Google Play

it like Siri but it for Android

10. ElekTriC

ElekTriC Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    first android phone and its a galaxy s! and i love it!! i want the S3 :D  looks cool and soo much features

11. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Sorry for bumping this thread, but got myself a Galaxy Note today (as a early birthday present) and love it. :D 

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have never had a smart phone before, and I've been in South America whilst the smartphone revolution has been taking place. I used my first smartphone today, a Samsung Galaxy S2, and it is a glorious piece of kit. Me wanty.

13. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

oh yeah...anyone know which app lets you have make landscape pics for wallpaper.

i want to change my wallpaper but nothing i have (ADW Launcer, Go Launcer, and TW Lanuncer) don't support it anymore.

damn you Samsung update (must be due to a update)...only noticed now since only now i wanted to change it