The Samsung Galaxy Thread: (there needs to be something clever written here)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Treadshot A1, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Now that Samsung has released the S3, it's about time to see how many of us on TFW actually have one of Samsung's Galaxy devices. There's so many i can't list them all here, but i know a few people have their hands on a Nexus or S2, and there's bound to be people out there jumping up and down just waiting to get the S3.

So, anyone got a Galaxy device (Phone, tablet, etc.)?

For me, i just got into the Galaxy line with a new S3 today. Gotta say i'm a fan of it, though i think my Append Miku likes it more:

[​IMG]

The whole unboxing process with Miku is on my Photobucket if anyone's interested.

*I did a search but didn't find a universal Galaxy thread (no pun intended). If there is, please merge/delete/do something. :) 

2. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I have a Galaxy S Epic. I love it. I use it for everything. I actually had to cancel my cell service but I can still do anything I need to as long as I have a wifi connection. I even use an app called Text Plus to sent text messages from it.

3. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    Still have my Sprint Epic (1st Galaxy S) which has served me well. I was going to upgrade to the Galaxy S2 but it appears that the S3 is right around the corner, in the US that is.

Hopefully, I'll have the funds when it comes out and I can finally upgrade.

4. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    CDMA Galaxy Nexus here. Running AOKP build 35.

I love my phone so much. I just ordered the car dock Google recently starting offering on the Play store. They say it's for HSPA Gnex's only, but a simple mod where the volume rocker rests makes it 100% compatible with the CDMA version. 3-pin and all. Can't wait!

5. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

Galaxy S II here...love this phone. swappable sd card, swappable battery, and not having to convert audio/video files.

if i ever plan on getting a tablet, i'd get the Galaxy Tab 2.

6. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I bought a Galaxy Ace a few days ago, since it seemed like a good iPhone substitute. Been pretty happy with it so far

7. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I bought the S2 back in march. Love it, in fact, I wrote this post on it.

8. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

I'm getting the Galaxy Nexus sometime this month, pretty damn excited :D  From what I've read it's a good phone..uuugh I want it now lol

9. Treadshot A1

now that I've had some time to mess around with the S3 a bit, I have to say I have no regrets about switching to Samsung.

The phone is great, the screen sensitive as hell (sometimes too sensitive) and the software smooth.

anyone have any suggestions for apps? I know I'm messing about with Sketchbook Express right now and Sketch Me Pro.

Also, does voice control work for anybody? S Voice isn't always the best, mine handles Facebook updates and searches on Google.just fine, haven't had the chance to test calling with it, though.

EDIT: Suggestions for the tagline for this thread would be highly appreciated. :) 

10. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I have got a S2 and the fact that it has gorilla glass makes it a million times better than my previous phone, which was the iphone 3gs. I have dropped it so many times but the glass screen doesn't have a single scratch on it and I use a case, so the phone looks almost brand new.

11. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I have a puny Samsung Galaxy Gio that used to be a prepaid phone. I've rooted/unlocked it but still I think it's not powerful enough to run the apps I have as smoothly as I'd want to.

Getting an Galaxy S3 very soon though.

12. Treadshot A1

my S3 also has gorilla glass, and I gotta agree the screen feels really tough. I'm not going to be putting that protection to the test anytime soon, hopefully. :lol 

White or Blue? Mine's white, which I have to say is a mixed bag in that it's clean and crisp but also kind of looks like a fridge.

13. Hook

Facebook:
    Totally getting the blue. Wouldn't want people confusing it with a god-aweful iPhone :p 

14. jnguyen

jnguyen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The galaxy s3 release? I plan on getting it eventually once I can afford it off contract

I'm currently using the galaxy note and love the huge 5.3 screen. Its not for everyone but once you get use to this big screen everything else just seems tiny and not worth it hahaha

EDIT: nevermind I see that you got the international GS3 cause you have quad core. The US one will only have dual core cause of the lte

15. Treadshot A1

Yeah mine's the international quad-core S3. I don't know why they're releasing a Dual-Core in America when everywhere else gets the quad-core.

16. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Something to do with it not supporting the LTE or something like that...

I have the SIII reserved. I am getting the 32GB Blue version. I was due for my free upgrade, and since I am LONG past the upgrade period, they are allowing me a free upgrade (though when the phone comes in, they will likely try to charge me).

I can't wait for it to arrive in Canada :D 

Also, I have the Galaxy S Captivate as my current phone.

17. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 (it's my baby) and I'm going for the S3 as soon as it's available stateside.

Pros of a Galaxy Tab 10.1:
    It's awesome
    Lightweight
    Best battery life of any device I own

Cons:
    "Hey can I see your iPad?"

18. Treadshot A1

People nowadays think everything is an iPad. They don't know that the proper term is a Tablet PC. Also, my iPad is a load of crap compared to my Asus Eee Pad Transformer Prime, and you can bet there'll stilll be people that mistake the two.

Also, what's an LTE? I don't speak american acronyms, unfortunately.

And for those of you waiting for the S3, let me just say that i am loving my S3 right now, and here in Australia our S3's come with a one month trial of Samsung's Music Hub, which i'm making the best use of. Don't know if that feature's available in the states, but it's really useful. Well, it's useful since i get to use it for a month for free. :lol 

Oh, and the phone is really lightweight, feels great in your hand and...

*yeah, waiting for stuff to be released sucks...this post probably isn't helping... :lol 

19. Mumps

Mumps <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

LTE stands for Long Term Evolution. In it's simplest terms, it's a phone network that's faster than 3G (It is marketed as 4G LTE sometimes). So far, nobody has been able to get LTE to work on a Quad-Core processor, so while international versions get Quad-core and 1GB RAM, North America gets the Dual-core processor and 2GB RAM so they can run on the LTE networks.

I am ok with this. If I want Quad-core, I can just turn to my WiFi only Tablet, or my Laptop.

Though really, LTE is kind of a tease, since I can max out my 6GB plan on 3G (I have done so about 5-6 times so far XD)

20. Hook

Facebook:
    ROFL, I get all the time with my Motorola Xoom :D