The sadness that came!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by fallen_revenge, Aug 9, 2011.

1. danGTR4

danGTR4 Member

yeah i felt sad too, after December the toy hunting will slow down right? Leader class figures are my favorites should I expect less or no leader class(or masterpiece) toy for any tf toy line after DOTM?

2. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    The only thing that came for me was in my pants. Because even though I knew this trilogy was over it is still just the beginning.

3. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    LMAO

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I was depressed that DOTM ended in a crappy way like ROTF, you know no epilogue or confirmation of charecters dead or alive.

Hell i would have settled for Sam and Carly's wedding.

5. Driller

Driller Cybertronian wildlife

I'm with you. Being autistic, it makes it harder for me because my autism, long with making it extremely difficult to socialize, also makes me obsess over things. More specifically, the transformers movie trilogy.

6. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Woopty doo, the movies are over. They aren't the only things that exist in the Transformers world. Go out and explore the vast regions of this great franchise; whether that be watching one of the many great cartoons like Beast Wars and TFA or by reading some of the wonderful comics written by Simon Furman and many other great writers, the possibilities are endless. Just don't be narrow minded and stick to one part of this great franchise, expand outwards and have fun.

7. Driller

Driller Cybertronian wildlife

Although you have a point, you still need to realize that some people really liked the movie trilogy. Im obsessed with it, so you can either accept the fact that lots of people like things that you don't like, or you can keep complaining to people because you think they should like what you like.

8. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    No they don't! Micheal Bay is a god amongs men that has created the ultimate unforgetable Transformers experience that will never more be recreated! I mean who will forget the game changing shot of Simon's hairy ass, and Leo - the best human character in Transformers history, or Q and the Twins the most memorable and unique of all Transformers! And let's not forget how ultra badass the Decepticons were, oh yeah the way they got cut like butter by the Autobots? BADASS!

Face it man with no more Micheal Bay this franchise is over! It's all doom everybody will hate them now since Micheal Bay is gone! We might as well shut down the website!

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I forgot that he was a god among men to some people. :rolleyes: 

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

While the films did some things really well I'm glad to see them over.

Sure it might be great toy hunting right now if you like the movie style figures, but if the movie figures aren't your thing then there isn't anything on the shelves for you right now.

It just feels like so much more can be explored once everything else in Transformers doesn't have to be put on hold or shoved to the side for the movies. A chance to see what Hasbro can do with Transformers Prime, Generations, or whatever new sub-lines Hasbro might come up with in the years ahead.

If movies are your one and only thing, then yes I could see how the future doesn't look that good. But if you are a Transformers fan in general with wider taste then the future doesn't look bleak at all.

11. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    I admit that I was brought here because of Dark of the moon but I am here to stay.

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

So let me get this straight? In your mind the end of the Bayformers movies means the end of Transformers altogether for you? That sounds a bit drastic to me. There are so many other Transformers series out there, and some are far better than the Bayformers hoped to be.

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

If you like the movies, you like the movies. No one's judging you for that. At least I'm not. Think of the end of Bayformers as an opportunity to move beyond your obsession, and branch out to newer, (and possibly better) Transformers series.

14. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think happiness is quite right, but more like a sense of relief is what I'm starting to feel now that the movies are over. Once 2012 rolls around and we start getting the post-movie lines, we'll finally be able to move on and hopefully forget this ever happened.

15. RodimusPrime44

RodimusPrime44 RodimusPrime

ok.. i understand the sadness that may have come about at the end of dotm... however.. keep in mind that transformers has been around for 27 yrs now. 1984-2011 and thats a pretty long run.. we have TF: Prime still.. not to mention that someone later on down the line is going to do a reboot at some point.. its inevitable... these movies proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that the transformers franchise is still very much alive and is obviously a billion dollar draw... DotM hit that milestone. personally i dont know if there should be a TF4 and if there is it should not. i repeat NOT be directed by bay.. yes his designs were new and somewhat cool looking... but the fact that he prefers explosions and effects over substance and story pisses me off. anyway... thats my opinion lol

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I think Tfs will become a franchise like Star trek, pulling movies every 2-3 years, sometimes failing, but always there in an ever increasing story, then after enough years have passed have a reboot.

17. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    That was my exact feeling the moment DoTM ended and I was leaving the theatre.
    I was simply downheartened that it had come to an end for now.

Over the past few years, part of the excitement came from reading news updates, juicy rumors, seeing leaked character art, etc .. in addition to hunting and collecting movie toys, and eagerly anticipating new releases to be announced.

It was like an anti-climax.

I know there's TF Prime and all, but the movies have really pushed the bar higher, and cartoons just won't cut it with me anymore. Plus I'm not a big fan of the new era robot designs in the cartoons anyway, with the thin legs and big torso kind of look.

Oh well, eagerly awaiting the next inkling of an update with regards to TF4. It would really make my day when I read news of another film being greenlighted.

18. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Could you elaborate on what bar has been raised higher?
    Can you provide an example?
    I'm always left curious when Bayformers fans say how good the movies are, but never provide a reason why.
    I always give examples of why I think the movies are terrible.
    I'd like to hear WHY someone thinks the movies are good for a change.

19. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    i felt sad that it was over
    after spending 4 years of my life with transformers i didn't want the movieverse to end

20. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Hasbro won't slaughter their cash cow just yet. They're gonna milk it for what it's worth. Before you know it, they'll get someone to make another film.

But personally, I want 'em to wait a while before they make another summer blockbuster so Hasbro can focus on making me mah Classics Shockwave!

That's what she said.