The Rock as Cliffjumper

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by ErbFan28, Dec 16, 2010.

1. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    I loved that comment about if you mess with Cliffjumper, you get the horns because the Rock was the Brahma Bull in the WWE

2. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He should come back to life imo, perfect casting of what should be an iconic character that instead got screwed over for a shit fem bot and mute ass bumblebee.

3. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    OK, not to get off-topic, but why is Arcee "shit"? IMO, she's the strongest female character we've had since Beast Wars Blackarachnia.

4. Jive Guru

Jive Guru Professional Amateur

I think they'll feature him in flashbacks, or possibly dreams?

5. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

I think we should move on, Cliff isn't coming back and we can't change that.

*Theme from titanic plays*

6. DarthCrusher

DarthCrusher Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, they already invested in his character model, so it's a given that we'll see him again in some form. I think that a resurrection is VERY unlikely, though, as they were pretty thorough in killing him off.

7. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

I couldn't agree more there, I hope to see them do alot with this iteration of Arcee! I guess some people will never be able to handle a strong female character in any media.

back on topic.. I wish they hadn't killed him either, but whats done is done.
    (to quote myself on multiple previous occasions) they are not afraid to kill characters to elicit emotional responses from viewers and characters alike.
    see Transmutate.

8. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    It's a cartoon,

Cliffjumper will randomly show up in the background.

9. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if Cliff shows up again I don't think he'll even be recognizable as a cybertronian, I think the Dark Energon would twist his body even more

10. TFcollecterguy

TFcollecterguy Well-Known Member

I hope he shows up in flash backs or something because he was freakin' awesome. And I, kinda like the Rock. lol But if not, Cliff will always be in hour hearts, and in our memories. *tear*

11. Skottech

Skottech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope we get a CJ figure because his design was awesome IMO

12. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well thats what happends when you hire a star to voice a character in a premiere episode.

13. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Her design is hideous and her function in the group is nothing, strong female lead? Ok so when the eradicons turned up and there was only two the first time it took bulkhead to appear for them to run.Arcee is just a bad character,she was awful in G1,she served a purpose in animated I will give her that but that could've been any bot carrying the codes and now in TFP she's basically a bitchy creepy character,stuff she says to jack is plain creepy. I dislike the character and every iteration of ehr and was happy to see her get shot in the face in ROTF which she also was terrible in. Blackarachnia was a different character in a different show, she helped move things along too and was devious,same as TFA Blackarachnia but arcee is just being pushed on us and I feel Cliffjumper was more deserving to be the main lead.

14. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

Cliffjumper was meh. I'm glad Arcee took the lead instead.

15. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Let's give the show a chance and see what will happen. Do you smell what Kurtzi and Orcman are cooking?

16. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

i really enjoyed cliffjumper and wish hed gotten a bit more screen time. that said i am also oddly glad they killed him how they did because it has added a lot to arcee and is probably the sole reason she has bonded with jack. i think its a plot point thats going to pay off more as time goes by. it set the tone for the series, gave arcee (the stand out character) her motivation and has disrupted all the autobots lives.

as much as id love to see him again, i also dont want him to come back to life. it would somehow cheapen the impact and really lower the stakes if death isnt something permanent. i really want to see some flashbacks that show how him as an integral part of the team, meaning a lot not only to arcee but to everyone else as well. it would be a great way to personalize the effects of the war. we know they have all lost friends but its a good way to drive that point home and the fact that he was so likeable only makes it moreso.

17. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Ressurection? No. Flashbacks or dreams? Yes. There's no way that Hasbro/Hub will spend their money on a character model just so they throw it away in the pilot episodes.

18. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I REALLY want to see more Cliffjumper and also more of the Rock in the role of CJ.

19. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Exactly.

First thing I thought when I realized it was the Rock that did CJ's voice was "I wonder how badly Hasbro blew the show's budget on him?"

20. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus Well-Known Member

i offered the only "logical resurrection scenario" i could come up with somewhere on the Prime boards...essentially it would have to deal with the massive amounts of energon interacting with the dark energon, coupled with the explosion...but totally unlikely...he's scrap.

i can see him showing up as like TapOut or something like that with a new color scheme and some design tweeks...