The robots

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by UltraPrimus56, Jan 8, 2012.

1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Over the past few months, i've been watching all the movie, playing all of the games, and now I just have that "the tformers are mechanical beings feel anymore. Especially in rotf and dotm, I mean I love how that in the first one when a bot gets kill a ripped apart, its just wires and sparks coming out, it made them feel truly mechanical and the modified voices as well. In the sequels, the robots "bled", they talked like regular people (meaning the modifications were gone), and they farted! Yea, the idea of them leaking is cool, but show it looking like actual blood, I know it sounds like i'm ranting, or trolling, but i'm not i'm just someone who has lost the mechanical feel of the bots in everything, the movies, the games, and especially tf prime. What should I do? PLEASE! I need help!!!

2. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    What should you do? I would recommend going outside or something. You're overthinking this.

3. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

They bled Energon in the first film too.

4. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

:lol 

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't know about you, but I see plenty of wires and visceral, mechanical violence. This tiem it just has "blood" over top.

6. JackHammer

JackHammer Me, no, I would never

Pretty much this I see wires and sparks and all that good stuff

7. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

What should you do? I would recommend going outside or something. You're overthinking this.
    I do go outside, ALOT, and I am as in shape as I can be so me going outside is not the answer, but thanks anyway:) 

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I get this problem too. Mainly after ROTF when there was that stupid blood and green gunk and everyone looked like an insect or a monster. I think it wasn't so bad in DOTM but there was still Laserbeak, the whale ships and the blood. I don't get the feel from TFP either and I like how they bleed blue energon.

I think my main problem is with ROTF. Ravage was OK as a panther and Scorponok was from the previous film but then there's also Scalpel, the Brain Scanner, Scalpels assistants, Devastator and Insecticon, Mixmasters weird hunched down and extended arms with wolf like claws, the concept art for Olverload and Hightower, Reedman, Optimus' blood, Ravages and Scorponoks green goo, the Bone Marrow design for the Nemesis and the Hatchlings.

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Well, there's this. :lol 

Agreed.

And based on this entire thread's concept, I'm assuming you mean "and now I DON'T have that "the tformers are mechanical beings feel anymore"", right?

AUTONOMOUS ROBOTIC ORGANISMS. That is the definition of the movie characters. Which, technically, is sort of contradictory. They are an organic alien species...that are also mechanical beings. Doesn't quite make sense, does it? But I, personally, love that concept. That contradiction is what makes them fascinating.

One thing that this topic needs to clarify is that all of these "farts", "bleeding", etc. are just that - allusions to the organic function that they represent. It's not actually blood. It's not actually farting. The Kitchenbot(s) and Wheelie "fart" little puffs of fire - like a machine. I don't know many organic creatures that fart fire. Jetfire "farts" a parachute - like a plane deploys a parachute. Bumblebee "cries" windshield washer fluid - not actual tears. Yes, there are various fluids that spew forth from the characters mouths or wounds, implying blood and spit and so forth. This was probably just a visual choice by Bay to make things seem more visceral and "gritty". Just to imply the pain and wounds. But that's just it. Implying. Machines have fluids too. Many kinds, in fact. Whether it's hydraulic fluid, windshield washer fluid, brake fluid, oil, grease, etc.. What's to say that green stuff when Ravage is skinned wasn't technically just lubricant for it's constantly moving mechanical parts (like grease on hinges), which would also serve as energon veins or something?

If you see a car crash and engine fluid is dripping from the vehicle, are people running around screaming "The car is bleeding! The car is bleeding!"? No. If Optimus Prime walked up to an actual Buffalo armored vehicle and started slicing it up, there's a good chance that oil and other fluids would start leaking out, because those fluids are present in those vehicles. Those fluids would also be present in the Transformers' version of those vehicles, simply serving different purposes.

But yes, it is quite obvious that these movies were going for the more "organic" feel, as opposed to just shards of metal and sparks erupting from every gunshot and wound.

As for the voices, I prefer the less-modulated voices. To me, it doesn't lessen the effect of "I am an alien robot!". It gives us more emotional performances, in my opinion.

10. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

I don't get what you need help with....

11. jametron

jametron Halfway to Heaven, under horsepower of my own…

News Credits:
    Yeah this... You sound like you're in crisis mode over what is essentially nothing important. Movies, comics and toys, ALL great forms of escapism and entertainment... but don't LIVE down the rabbit hole, OK? Come up for fresh air once in a while.

12. CeilingTroll

CeilingTroll Assumptions Are Comedic

It's a Michael bay series... You're thinking about this WAY too much.

As for the actual TV series, uh... Then I just boil it down to "it's fiction." As much as the tales may impact us greatly the fact remains that, ultimately, it is just fiction.

As for me: I hear metal scraping, I see electronics sparking, even though they may leak energon and coolant they are still mechanical based beings. Nothing ever said though that their bodies wouldn't react like organic ones. Imo that's just a nice addition. Makes me care about them instead of just taking them as purely fiction.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    What should you do, you ask? Watch Beast Wars, that's what.

14. CeilingTroll

Best advice ever.

15. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Give him the full list dude. He should be watching BW, BM, TFA, Prime, Masterforce, RID, Armada, Cybertron, Victory, G1, or Galaxy Force. He should be watching any of those shows, instead of making a weird thread.

16. CeilingTroll

The Unicron Trilogy should be punishment for making the weird thread. >.>

17. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ^See, if I really wanted to punish him, I would have told him to watch Energon.

18. CeilingTroll

The horror. o_o I'll take RiD over Energon.