The robot fighting Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by uKER, May 3, 2009.

1. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

Everyone is assuming the bot fighting Bumblebee in the trailer is Rampage, but we're overlooking some major issues:
    - Rampage is spider-like, while the robot fighting BB seems bipedal.
    - Rampage is yellow, while this robot looks red-black-ish.
    - Rampage is the size of Long Haul (seen in the underwater scene) while this bot is the same height as Bumblebee, roughly two or three times smaller than Long Haul (see Josh Nizzi's sketch for scale reference to a person).

Could this be the unrevealed Overload?

2. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Well first of all rampage definetly isnt the size of long haul... that underwater scene depicts that. And if they some how are the same size, then thats messed cause bulldozers arent that big. It will be interesting to see the scale of some of the cc's. It was originally said to be scapper, the con fighting BB. Then corrected. I think it is the seventh CC that possibly also forms the head... perhaps thats why devastator has a red face in the trailer. The robots does seem to be within the appropriate size and scale of a bulldozer however.

3. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

Scrapper has wheels, not treads, and he is yellow, not black/red.
    He is clearly seen in the scene with Sam & Mikaela jumping off the rooftops.
    Also, look again at the underwater scene. I don't see that much of a difference in any of those CC's heights.

4. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    The ROBOT HEROES Rampage is busting out of the dirt in snake-mode, and his toy has that third jackhammer mode.

The red guy is totally Rampage or a Rampage clone... we just dunno why there's this red robot aside from the theory that he was made red for the trailer so you could show Bumblebee (another yellow robot) fighting him.

5. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    bulldozers can be huge!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. uKER

uKER Well-Known Member

Well, Rampage is actually a D9, not a D11, but the size is pretty much spot-on.

7. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I think the red bot is the seventh CC we've heard rumors about, but is one that doesn't combine to form Devs. He could easily be a smaller clone of Rampage, which would then make the listing for a red Rampage repaint make sense. Long Haul and Rampage are about the same size, which makes sense, as they form the legs of Devs. Though Long Haul does look bulkier, which also makes sense, as Rampage's bulk gets distributed a bit more evenly due to him having four legs instead of two. In the end we'll just have to wait and see.

8. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Holy crap!

9. Trell

Trell Paladin

[​IMG]

10. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    lol

11. Trell

Trell Paladin

Seriously

Look at BB's size compared to, whoever that is.

And he's taking a knee to the chops . . .

12. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Yes i know, thats why it was corrected. Some fool claimed the bot fighting BB was scrapper. I hope not all the CC's are as big as long haul. I was hoping for 1 huge one (demolished) 3 big one's (scrapper, high tower, long haul) and 3 avg sized one's (rampage, mixmaster, unknown).

13. kenny86

kenny86 tapedeck

you know, it always can be one of those nameless robots. You can of course speculate till the movie comes but i'd rather wait and do not bother.

14. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    They each form devastator's legs. I'm pretty sure that Devsy's legs are going to be similar size.

15. Lady Owl

Lady Owl Decepticon Art Slave

I was wondering about the size issue, too. In the newest trailer he looks almost about the same height as Bumblebee but the trailer where Jetfire speaks, there is a second clip of Bumbles fighting him and he is much bigger.

The picture Trell posted is what I am referring to.

I also noticed the red version has a long neck.

I don't know if there is any possibility of it being Hightower? He is also yellow, though but does have treads like Rampage.

The faces of the Rampage toy/CG model on the package and the character in the trailer are very familiar. Not 100% identical but for the most part I'd probably assume they were the same.

Only things different are body color, eye color, and long neck that I could make out.

Either way, I really love how he looks in the recent trailer. He'll probably end up being in my top favs for the new movie. I love his face and adding the long neck looks really cool.

16. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

Rampage isnt Spiderlike. he stands on two legs.
    look at him underwater and in the RH toy. 2 legs, his figure just has back support.

17. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

This is not the same CC thats in the sea to the right when Megs gets revived. The bot under water has something else on its back.

18. Trell

Trell Paladin

We know both of them have hanging treads though right?

19. Matterzero

Matterzero Well-Known Member

I think it's the 7th constructicon, the reason is this picture we got a while back behind Devastator is a blueprint with the 7 constructicons that make him up, so far as anything whether it be a toy a or a photo of. You can see above Devestator's right arm on the blueprint is a mystery construction veichal that apperently makes up his back. I think this is the 7th constructicon.

Attached Files:

• devy.jpg
      devy.jpg
      File size:
      242.3 KB
      Views:
  20. Trell

Trell Paladin

Do you mind if I take that and post a big pic of it on the page, just to save the trouble of clicking the thumbnail?

Last edited: May 3, 2009