The "Roadbuster Affair."

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Brutus, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Chapter 1 - Situation: Grim

The violet skies of Valvolux were once a sought after location of retreat among Transformers. Now, since the Autobots and Decepticons had begun their war, Valvolux, like so many other once magnificent locations on Cybertron, was littler more than a war-torn, wasteland of smoking craters and ruined structures.

"I count at least two dozen Decepticons out there. They've got us pinned down and nearly surrounded." Nightscope said as he finished poking his head carefully over a ruined wall that now seemed to shoot up from the ground as though it had been an accidental formation in the landscape and not a building.

"Aw, Slag. That's twice as many as there was a few mini-cycles ago. What about reinforcements?" Jackhammer asked with a frown.

"I sent a message to the nearest Autobot relay requesting reinforcements just before the Decepticons blew up our transmitter. Who knows if it got through or if there are any reinforcements to send. It's not like we're the only Autobots who need help." Wingclip stated.

Nightscope was a natural marksman. His dark colors made him an ideal night-time sniper. His seriousness almost seemed too cliche for his combat role, but his fellow Autobots respected him nonetheless. Jackhammer was a large, good-natured, Autobot who seemed to get along well any Transformer, except Decepticons. While tough, Jackhammer had a streak of naivete that could wear on his comrades. Wingclip was one of the few Autobot flyers and usually served as a scout and messenger. Wingclip was all about action and loathed to be idle, especially in battle. For now, the three were in a position were action would be met with massive volumes of Decepticon laserfire.

Jackhammer's face showed visible signs of stress at the notion that no reinforcements might be sent. Nightscope read Jackhammer's emotion clearly enough, "Jackhammer, just take it easy, if we can just hold this position long enough, I'm sure reinforcements will come for us." Nightscope said with empathy. It was truly a day of firsts...and lasts.

"What are they doing now?" Wingclip begged Nightscope.

"The same thing they were doing a few mini-cycles ago...waiting for us to stick our heads out so they can blast them off." Nightscope answered. Wingclip hung his head, knowing he couldn't help his frantic behavior.

"HEY AUTOBOTS, STICK YER SLAGGIN' HEADS OUT, ALREADY! WE GOT PLACES TO BE!" A Decepticon yelled from behind a ruined building some fifty meters away.

Nightscope, Jackhammer and Wingclip each knew who the Decepticon was. It was Ruckus, a new recruit hoping to become a full-fledged Decepticon warrior. Unfortunately, he seemed as though he was capable of talking the talk and walking the walk.

"At some point, we're going to have to do something, or the Decepticons will realize that it's just three of us and rush in and take us out." Wingclip surmised. Nightscope and Jackhammer looked at each other knowingly. The last few shots from the Decepticons had done more damage to the Autobots than they knew. The Decepticons were holding back, unaware that there were only three Autobots left across the field from them.

The seemingly destroyed transmitter that lay next to Wingclip's leg crackled briefly and the three Autobots all looked at it with immediate interest. The transmitter crackled again for a longer duration, this time with a barely readable voice coming across it. Just as the transmitter fell silent again, the sound of a high-speed jet could be heard approaching the battle zone.

"Oh no. That's a big jet. We don't have any jets that big do we?" Jackhammer questioned.

"I don't think so," Wingclip answered, "Unless it's a transport. Can you see it Nightscope?" Nightscope looked upward towards the sound and a small blue lens rotated in front of his right eye allowing him to see clearly and astonishing distances.

"No markings. I think it's Decepticon." Nightscope confessed, grimly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey boss, nice job calling in the bomber to take care of those Autobots!" Ruckus said enthusiastically. "It'll make a great show!"

Irontide was a large Decepticon. His tank alt-mode was literally a slab of solid armor that rolled across the battlefield giving fire and protection to his fellow Decepticons. He was a good tactician, but lacked the patience to deal with incompetence.

Irontide snatched Ruckus around his neck with one hand, "Ruckus. If you speak again, I will throw you into the middle of the field so the Autobots can silence you and I can get an enemy head count. Do you understand me?" Ruckus opened his mount, then realized his situation, closed his mouth and simply nodded his head. Irontide turned to his next in command, a tall and thin Decepticon named Spirespike, "Spirespike, I did not order a bombing run. Why is there a Decepticon bomber flying towards our position?"

"Checking now, sir." Spirespike replied and turned slightly as if speaking into a com unit. After several seconds, he faced Irontide once again, "Sir, there is no scheduled bombing run headed towards our position."

Irontide knelt thoughtfully behind is cover for several moments, "Let the bomber go, communications have been unreliable at best during this engagement. If the bomber looks to head towards us, we'll deal with it. Perhaps we'll get lucky today." All the nearby Decepticons smiled at the thought of a bombing run destroying the remaining Autobots.

This is my take on the "Roadbuster Affair," mentioned by Fisitron in "The Last Stand of the Wreckers." I realize that the canon "Roadbuster Affair," will likely be published at some point, but until then, I'm having a little fun. Next chapter will be done soon, thanks for reading :) 

2. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good for you! Keep having fun. It's always the "What-if" stories that make following TF fan fic interesting. This is your own little universe and I say do with it as you like with it I hope to read more very soon!

3. Brutus

Brutus Autobot

Chapter 2 - Situation: What the Void?!

The three Autobots watched as the seemingly Decepticon bomber neared their position. Nightscope watched it intently.

"What's it doing?" Jackhammer asked uneasily.

"Heading straight for us." Nightscope replied, "I think it's setting up for a bombing run.

"What do we do?" Jackhammer begged.

"If we try to move, we'll be shot to pieces by the Decepticons. It looks like we're just going to have to take it and see what happens." Nightscope relented.

"Well, it was an honor fighting alongside of you two." Wingclip added.

The bomber's nose pointed ever downward as the bomber began it's final decent towards the Autobot's location. Irontide watched with a smirk on his face as the bomber made it's trajectory clear. The bomb bay doors opened on the belly of the bomber. Decepticon and Autobot alike watched intently. The bomber was moving more slowly than the onlookers would've thought. Two objects began to fall from the belly of the bomber. The first object was shaped like a brick, the second object shaped like a bomb. The objects whistled towards the Autobot location and finally impacted directly behind Jackhammer, Nightscope and Wingclip. The force of the impact created a large dust cloud that seemed to obscure the entire Autobot position.

"Is it a dud?" Ruckus asked, completely forgetting about his last order to remain silent. Irontide seemed not to notice and answered, "Frag it all, it should've exploded. Fools didn't check the ordinance before they dropped it."

Spirespike looked to Irontide and attempted to remain optimistic, "Sir, even if the bombs were duds, the impacts alone might have finished off the Autobots."

Irontide looked at Spirespike and smiled widely, then returned his gaze the cloud of dust across the battlefield.

Jackhammer, Nighscope and Wingclip simultaneously shielded their faces with their arms when the two objects impacted the ground. Each of the three slowly peeked through their crossed arms cautiously as the explosion delayed. Dust began to clear in the area immediately around the three Autobots and the objects that impacted. The bomb shaped object was in fact, not a bomb, but a large pod of some sort. The brick object was a dark green and tan color with four wheels. The vehicle transformed into an Autobot. The three Autobots were stunned and each looked equally ridiculous as they gaped at the fallen objects.

"H.Q. got a transmission that you needed reinforcements?" The flying vehicle inquired. The three Autobots stared and nodded slowly. "Who's in charge here?" The new arrival asked hastily. Nightscope pointed at an Autobot, seemingly dead on the ground to the side of them. Wingclip pointed at Nightscope and Jackhammer pointed to the new Autobot arrival. "Priceless." The new arrival uttered.

"Who are you?" Nightscope finally spoke up.

"I'm Roadbuster and I'm here to solve your Decepticon problem. How many of them are there?"

"About two dozen." Wingclip spoke up.

"That's all?" Roadbuster boasted. The three Autobots nodded simultaneously. "Well, I had hoped their might be more to test this out, but, two dozen will have to do." The pod behind Roadbuster began to open up on all sides revealing a multitude of armor plates all in different shapes, but matching Roadbuster's colors.

Roadbuster was an average sized Transformer, larger than Nightscope, smaller than Jackhammer, roughly similar in size to Wingclip. The major difference between Roadbuster and the average Autobot, was, however, that Roadbuster carried what appeared to be an entire Autobot company's worth of firepower and weapons. Roadbuster turned and stepped into the center of the pod and pressed a button on a panel in the center of the pod. The pod began to shift and move, placing plates and parts all over Roadbuster. The parts formed a massive suit of armor that essentially made Roadbuster look twice his size. While it might seem like a redundancy, even more weapons were added to the new armor as well.

"Stay down, soldiers. You've done your part, I'll take it from here." Roadbuster said with an inspiring tone. Roadbuster walked past the three Autobots, through a section of rubble that was offering protection before and straight into the middle of the field.

The dust began to clear.

Thanks for reading, will put the next chapter up soon.

By the way...ever notice that these two look a lot alike?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]