The Rise Of Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by Baccala1976, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

My first attempt at fan fiction. This is just the first chapter of what I have been writing. Let me know what you think and please be gentle, I am a newbie at this after all.

Chapter 1

Bumblebee stood there, in an offensive pose with his small blaster in front of him, ready to fire. Taller than the average human, yet smaller than most Transformers, Bumblebee doesn’t look like much of a threat to most enemies. Not known as a warrior within the ranks of the Autobots, Bumblebee is practicing his shooting skills on some programmed targets.
    About one hundred yards away from the Ark, and close enough to a patrolling Omega Supreme in his Defense Base mode, is the Autobot training field is where the Autobots sharpen their skills to get ready for the on going war against the Decepticons. The field itself is no bigger than a football field and has several obstacles made from rocks. The rocks serve as a perfect shield against robotic targets which have been engineered by Wheeljack. Lately, Bumblebee has been spending a good portion of his time here training to become a better warrior.
    Two targets pop up in front of him in which Bumblebee reacts with as much speed as his small frame allows. He slides right and fires the first shot. The blast hits the first target chest center to disable it. The second target acts quickly, firing a shot that hits Bumblebee on his arm. Bumblebee flinches but recovers quickly enough. He does a forward roll and ends with one knee on the ground and his blaster aimed right at the bot. One quick shot to the chest and the second target is disabled. Not bad for the little guy.
    Bumblebee stands up looking a little winded as Brawn approaches him on the field. Brawn, probably the toughest and most war-ready of all the mini-bots looks impressed with what he just saw.
    “Nice shooting kid.”
    “Thanks. Hey, Brawn?”
    “Yeah kid?”
    “Do you think Prime will send me out on battle missions soon and not just recon missions?”
    “Doubtful kid, I still don’t think you’re read—“
    “I’m ready Brawn. I’ve been ready. I’ve been practicing every day on this training field. My skills has been much better, you know that.”
    “I know kid, it’s just that Prime and the rest of us don’t wanna see you get hurt out there. Thos Decepticons are a lot tougher than you may think. Ratchet is still patching up a bunch of us from the last battle. He’s just looking out for you is all.”
    “I know Brawn, but I’m getting tired of everyone looking out for me. I’ve been in enough of these skirmishes to hold my own.”
    “True, but a full fledged mission might still be outta your league.” Brawn then sizes up Bumblebee and puts his arm around him.
    “You’ll be ready soon enough, don’t worry. Plus with a teacher like me, you’ll be the best!”
    Brawn winks at him as Bumblebee forces a smile, knowing he lost this battle.

2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Good start so far. The dialogue sounds genuine. Bumblebee has always been my fave.

3. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

Thanks Fairlady! currently working on Chapter 2 as I type this.