The RID Scourge Appreciation Thread!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Black Oracle, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    My sentiments exactly, ole' chum.

So...when will you be writing this fantastic re-imagining of CR/RID? :wink: 

2. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Mako Crab got me thinking. (Sorry for derailing, but it just popped into my head.)

God Magnus was another victim of CR's chopping block approach to their characters. As Mako said, he believes himself to be both a better soldier and leader than Fire Convoy and shows up on earth to take leadership of the Autobots if he has to beat the life out of his brother to do it. Very Decepticon-like tendencies, no wonder they tried drafting him to their side.

Still... the storyline doesn't really go anywhere and the fire in Magnus' belly eventually cools and as the wiki loves to call them, he becomes a power mushroom. In the show's home stretch, any time the Autobots face the slightest amount of adversity, Magnus just sorta shows up and he's all, "Hey dudes. Whoa, you look like you're having a tough time. Hang on Prime, lemme turn into a new shirt and pair of boots for you!"

Shame, that.

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I should. I really should.

On the topic of Magnus, I'm not sure, but it might be incredibly epic to only use the Omega Prime/ God Fire Convoy combined form at the very end. They got to using it quite a bit in the actual show, but if they saved it for the climax when Magnus and FC finally resolved their differences and united against BC, that could be rather cool.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The final combination in Car Robots was already pretty epic, with Marionette playing in the background as the two combined.

Black Convoy is an awesome character. It's one of the few times we've ever had an evil twin stick around, and he did a decent job of driving a lot of conflict in the series. I am particularly fond of how he is introduced in his last fight in the last episode (screencap in the first post).

Awesome toy as well :D 

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he's super cool I was lucky to pick up a Black convoy a few years ago and I still think he's an awesome toy all these years later

6. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Scourge is awesome.

He's like a sane Nemesis Prime! Did I mention he's awesome?

7. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    I'm starting to feel glum again over the lame conclusion to Black Convoy's role in the series. Memories wiped and reprogrammed (again), then Devil Gigatron attempts to kill him and the other Combatrons by trapping them under the Earth's surface. *Sigh* I'm wondering whether he would have been better off dying after failing to crush Devil Gigs now; at least then he wouldn't have suffered the humiliation of living only to be D. Gigs' pawn again.

I really can't help but feel sorry for Black Convoy by this point. How much of what he did throughout the series was really of his 'own' true will? His original Autobot programming was corrupted by Gigatron before being brought online, then he was reprogrammed again toward the end after he had just regained some of his old Autobot memories (tho' his original mission was altered by his new corrupted programming).

I...feel...depressed...again...

Your last sentence puts Magnus in a rather humorous light. :lol  His role in the show essentially was to be Fire Convoy's new power-up armour, true, but I thought his initial combination with Fire Convoy was not only cool but interesting as well because of the internal conflict going on between their separate minds within one body. It would have been interesting if they had given more attention to this internal conflict between GM and FC whenever they were combined.

I actually appreciated the fact that God Magnus had a hatred of Fire Convoy despite being his brother. He could easily have been introduced just as another boring close ally of FC's that turned up to help him.

Another cool alternative, but I think Takara were probably more keen to advertise God FC as much as they could in the show.

And yes, you really should write that story. :wink: 

Now that you've mentioned it, the "Marionette" tune is playing again in my head. Ah, memories...

And I liked that scene where Black Convoy emerged from the dust clouds as well. Too bad he was pretty much just a reprogrammed drone at that point. *Sniff*

On this we share common ground.

8. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Say it as often as you like, bro! I won't mind. :D 

9. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One other thing, Black Convoy is one of those guys that just looks perfect the way he is. I've seen a lot of customs of TF:C Prime and others to look like BC and a lot of art updating him with a new look, but nothing ever seems to top his original look. And all the Nemesis Primes out there that steal his color scheme too- like the one from Armada- they just can't match the original. I don't know why. Maybe it's the pink and the sword; many updates ditch the pink in favor of all black windows and a blood red sword (if there's any sword at all!). And a lot of them forget the BC actually has a lot of grey, instead going for a pure black look with teal highlights. The proportions of the old G2 Laser Prime mold are really nice too. The Nemmies from Armada, Energon and Cybertron (and beyond) just look too bulky, where BC has a lean, quick look to him.

10. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

I never got to see any of RiD (which, given some people's comments, is probably a good thing) or Car Robots, but I abso-frickin'-lutely LOVE the toy, though I call him Nemesis Prime. Best dark Prime of all of them.

11. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    Good observations on his colour scheme. I feel the same way. I always found alot of the later Nemesis Prime repaints to be less appealing than Black Convoy was. It's surprising how alot of grey in bot mode and the pink windows and sword worked on Black Convoy, along with the dominant black colour and teal lines. And the G2 Laser Rod Prime mold was just nicely proportioned as well as you say. Heavy on the shoulders, lower arms and legs, but a lean body.

12. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Wait, can RiD Scourge/Car Robots Black Convoy can actually pose like this?

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I own a Black convoy snagged it off BBTS almost a year ago now. after missing out on 4 prior occasions lol. awesome figure. Mine is the Korean release but its identical to the Takara version.

I just finished watching RID on youtube and i was a bit surprised that Scourge/black convoy wasn't more bad ass.

is he any more so in the original Car Robots?

14. trence5

I just ordered mine from ebay last night. No it's not "technically" Scourge but it is Black Convoy. I hope to get my hands on an Energon Shockblast so I can mod him into a true Shockwave, thus completing my "potential successors" to Megatron. I feel that Black Convoy, due to having some of Optimus' spark, should at the one Decepticon that Megatron CAN"T punk down.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I have Black Convoy but i call him Scourge or sometimes Scourge Convoy.

Pink makes him manly as hell.

HASBRO Y U NO USE PINK ON NEMESIS?

16. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

He was my favorite character on RID.

He was just so bad ass and that awesome sword just sealed the deal! :D 

17. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I can't believe I haven't posted on this topic about the glorious Black Convoy Sama!

Well, he was in fact the first real recurrent Evil Prime in a series, very interesting concept indeed. He was a great warrior, pure and simple. I thought he would eventually overcome Gigatron and take the leadership of the Destrongers.

It was sad how he finished just brainwashed. It would have been so cool, to see him win at the end.

As Mako Crab said, the colors are the perfect combination for the mold. It almost make me think that he was always created to get those colors.

All ahil Black Convoy sama!

18. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

epic avatar i have

19. trence5

Just got mine.....

Pretty bad-ass poseable for a G-2 figure:rock 

20. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter: