The Reproduction Headmaster and Targetmaster Comparison Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lunar Archivist, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

During a discussion between TFW2005 forum member Dogbomber and me recently, the subject of reproduction Decepticon Targetmaster guns came up. Since I was busy doing inventory for my collection this weekend and have recently acquired a few vintage ones, I thought that this might be a good time to showcase the real deals alongside of the replicas.

First up: Caliburst. The vintage one is on the left and the resin duplicate by Broken Arrow Toys on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up is Blowpipe. Once more, the original is on the left and the Broken Arrow Toys resin version on the right.

[​IMG]

And last, but not least, is Nightstick. To the left is the G1 original, in the center the resin version by TFW2005 forum member Darkov, and to the right the Broken Arrow Toys version.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone feels like posting comparison pics of other replicas (such as the recent Headmasters knockoffs) alongside of the real things, you're encouraged to do so! :) 

2. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks Lunar Archivist for opening up this thread.

All of these started due to the broken clip I encountered for G1 Nightstick, the 2 pieces parts glued together of Fracas (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/346182-g1-targetmaster-fracas-upper-body-glued-during-production.html) and the frequent stressmark of decepticon targetmaster.

Little did I know Darkov also produces Targetmaster and I just paid a US seller for the G1 Night Stick.

I am looking for all the Deception Targetmaster repro including Fracas. Will appreciate if someone can post their views about it or any information.