The Repeat Viewing Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ephland, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    For those who have seen the movie at least twice, what differences did seeing it again make? How many times have you seen it so far?

2. Autobotic9

Autobotic9 Well-Known Member

I've seen it twice, 1st in Imax, then at regular.

It's definitely better the second time around. You take in more knowing what happens in the story.

3. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Seen it 3 times, I plan at least 2 more.

ROTF is an acquired taste for me, I was dissapointed the first time I saw it, but the third time it was an amazing experience, the whole theatre was packed and laughing at every joke, the little kids enjoyed the movie a lot. Now I love that film and I'm anxious for TF3

4. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg me King!

News Credits:
    I've seen it twice. I didn't like it after the first one. After the second showing, I liked it better (but still not better than the first). Probably because I knew what humor to ignore and I was able to understand the plot better the second time. I'm not going to see it again in the theaters, but I'll definitely buy it when it comes to DVD. The fight scenes alone will make it worth the purchase.

In both showings, the audience seemed to enjoy the movie - many laughed during the movie and clapped at the end. The 1st showing was sold out and the second showing was half-full.

5. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

^^^Glad to hear this. I just saw it for the first time last night and I was disappointed as well, so I'm sure I'll enjoy it much more the second time around.

6. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

I've seen it twice. The first viewing it felt great since I hadn't read any of the hate just blew the jokes off as well that isn't for me but whatever let's just pay attention to the good parts. The second viewing I had started reading all the hate posts and the movie did seem a little more shallow but still fun. Gotta blend in like Ninjas.

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    gets better every time, just because of the audience enthusiasm

8. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

I have seen it twice now also and like others have said it was better the second time around. I liked it after the first viewing but was a little let down by how much stupid humor was in it as were my two friends who came with me. The second time I was expecting the dog and Wheelie humping and was able just to brush it off. I did relish every precious moment that Devastator was on screen b/c I knew it wouldn't last long. Don't know if I will see it again but will definitely catch it on Blue Ray.

9. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw it for the 2nd time (of what will probably be 3 or 4 showings, taking into account the Fri night at Auto Assembly in August). Definitely took in more of what was going on in the forest/desert scenes.

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    That's it. I'm going to see it a second time too! I want to believe!

11. Aquarius

Aquarius Well-Known Member

I've seen it 3 times.

First was the midnight showing on Tuesday. I always suggest midnights cause the crowd is awesome. When Optimus showed up everyone clapped and cheered, they did the same later when he was revived. They went nuts when Bee killed Ravage. The crowd might just be an Omaha thing though, we have a local theatre that plays popular movies at midnight every weekend(Like Ghostbusters, Monty Python movies, Nightmare Before X-mas, etc).

Then I saw it on Wednesday at the Imax. I love the movie, but I didn't really notice any difference in the Imax. When I saw Star Trek I was blown away by the Imax quality, sadly I didn't get this for Transformers. The showing was packed though and there was a line waiting for the next one when ours was over.

I saw it once more on Friday with my little sister. I liked it significantly better this time.

The night before the midnight showing I didn't sleep much(probably too anxious), then after the midnight I was up at 7am(2.5 hours of sleep) and had to work. Then after work was the Imax. So I was more then tired and didn't find most of what The Twins said to be funny. However, after sleeping regularly for two days, I actually enjoyed them more during my third showing. Even in the third showing though, the humping jokes and such seemed to go over the top.

The only things I looked for between showings were small. I didn't notice Starscream's tattoos until half way through the film, so I was really, really looking for them the second time(I have a hard time spotting them in robot form). The other thing was Sideswipe's and Jolt's names, I didn't hear them say either names the entire first time, but that may have been from the loud crowd.

12. Decay_is_awesome

Decay_is_awesome Well-Known Member

i saw it twice opening day, definitly better the second time. it started out with a bang, and just kept escalating in terms of action so by the end i was kind of feeling a bit flat and unable to appreciate it. second time i knew what was coming and just enjoyed the ride.

13. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

I saw it twice in theatres, and as soon as my coffee stops brewing, I'm gonna sit down and watch it again at home

14. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I've caught it twice but in a standard theater. I did enjoy it a little more the second time around. Hopefully, the third time (in IMAX) will be the charm.

15. NoleScream

NoleScream The Anti-Troll

Sitting in the theater as I write for #3. Wife wanted to see it again. It was more fun the 2nd time when it wasn't a midnight showing. I get to pay attention to the little things that are funny oneach extra viewing. Just gets better for me. Nuch like the first.

16. JB1323

JB1323 Member

I've seen it twice now, and am getting ready for a 3rd showing. Like most of the others, I was disappointed a little bit after the first time, but I had been really looking forward to it, and my wife and I saw it on Wed. morning at 8:30, and there were only two other people in the theater.

Saw it in kinda IMAX Thursday night. (I say kinda because it was a theater that had been retrofitted with IMAX, all they did was move the screen closer, still cool, but the 3rd time will be on the only real IMAX screen around here in Atlanta.) It was so much better for me, because I just enjoyed it, didn't worry about the plot holes, and I got caught up with the audience laughing at the jokes. Much better the second time.

17. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    It's odd how much more i enjoyed the movie on the 2nd viewing. The first time i saw it, i came out, like many, a little underwhelmed. I don't know what it was, but the 2nd viewing felt alot more satisfying. Maybe on the 1st viewing i came in with too many hopes, expectations and hype. Perhaps i followed the story better on the 2nd viewing and managed to take some interest in the human characters. Both times i saw it at IMAX screens.

18. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reading all these posts... I'm almost convinced I should go see it a 2nd time. I was really underwhelmed with the 1st showing. I'd been avoiding spoilers and reviews and footage so I would be completely surprised. Maybe now, knowing what to expect, I'll be able to enjoy it more.

19. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am hoping the second time will be better as well, this actually happened to me the with the first movie and after the second time I saw that It was my favorite movie, the first one gets better every viewing so I hope this is the same situation.

20. Laughing Man

Laughing Man Not crossing the streams.

News Credits:
    See it again.

Now that I knew what to expect, I enjoyed it waayyy better.