The Relic from Legacy.... Is Freakin' Epic!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by PrimesRule, Sep 21, 2012.

1. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Sure, hitting the Nemesis with a wave of energy was kinda silly but that damn sword cut a mountain in half and actually put Megatron in a HUGE state of fear!

2. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    I hear ya. And I thought the Star Saber in Armada was cool, but main this takes it to a new level.

3. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    PR...some folks haven't seen the ep yet....you shouldn't spoil it for them..especially in a thread title. :) 

But yeah...I loved the wind up and Prime's strike at the warship..and of course, Megs expression. :lol 

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While it DOES look pretty cool I honestly can't help but be disappointed when I realize we probably won't get a toy of it that does it justice. It would probably end up being a fat chunky plastic piece with lights and sounds.

5. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

I thought it would be able to slash energy beams, I luv that it does! :D 
    I hope either Hasbro or Dr. Wu make a (accurate) Star saber, its just too awesome!

6. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah... Didn't think about that. My bad.

7. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    When I first heard, Star Saber was coming to the show I instantly thought Arms Microns was going to be introduce in Prime.

8. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I thought it was fucking awesome, then it did the wave thing, and it was doubly so.

Its supposed to be a relic forged by a demigod. It would be bizarre and disappointing if it didn't have some kind of unearthly power. We're finally seeing this alleged 'power of the Primes'.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the 13 Weapons were made to defeat god damn UNICRON. Anything less than a mountain destroying blade would've been completely innefective and pointless.

10. User_93049

User_93049 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    since my friend started playing super sentai gokaiger on his laptop during lunch with the speakers on full blast, i now hear optimus screaming FINARH WAVE each time he does the matrix energy wave attack.

11. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Thats why we have Dr. Wu

12. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Oh my god. That sword is beautiful. I might have to make myself one. I don't know where I would begin or what I would do with it, but goddamn if that isn't the most gorgeous thing.

13. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    :lolol  !! ...GOKAI CHANGE....FINNNALLLL WAVVVVEEE!!!! Dude that never gets olds from so odd reason. But..Yea that star-saber...Reminds me a lot of Gokai Silver final wave attack.

14. Starscream600

Starscream600 Certified Virtual Pilot

Megs was like "WHAT DA FUQ?!?!" :lolol  That sword was pretty frickin epic. The episodes just keep getting better and better! Can't wait for next week's ep. :D 

EDIT: Oh look, I'm below JetFormers. Rock on, my fellow DJ! ;) 

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I thought it was silly and over-dramatic. Trying way too hard to be "epic" and coming off as absolutley stupid. It's like Final Fantasy or something likewise totally unrelated from TFs just randomly smashed into it. Like all the relics it's essentially a magic tool for the writers to do whatever they want regardless of the tone or logic of the show.

And of course it's a name drop, because an original name for a sword would be heresy. Everything must reference something else, even if it has no realtion other than at the most basic level. Remember when Star Saber was leader of the Autobots/Cybertrons?

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Remember when Star Saber was a name that made sense for a robot? Oh wait, that was never.

It's the same kind of techno-magic that in all the other Transformers stuff. I'm glad they are having some fun with it, not to mention justifying why anyone should care about a sword as a game-changing weapon in this setting.

17. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    It was made to destroy UNICRON. THE UNIVERSAL DOMINATOR.

18. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He came from space and had a sword.

If that doesn't explain it I can't really help you.

Not really helping your arguement there.

The Star Saber is symptomatic of a bigger problem with Prime, which is it's over-reaching scope. It's trying to be so huge and so epic and it's not. The world itself feels so small and empty and the action is all basically in the same friggin' place and yet it constantly wants to convince us that it has this big universe and all these grand-scale events. Unicron as a planet-sized being, the Star Saber that channels the power of the Matrix. It's all just so needlessly over-dramatic. Meanwhile half the characters we do have feel like they shouldn't exist and the other half is a mixed bag of annoying to bland.

Unicron as a universal destroyer especially comes off as contrived and overly theatrical since we never even saw him do anything. The Star Saber goes too far in the other direction, being way to obscenely silly for the universe the show has created.

19. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The only thing thatwas far reaching in this episode was Prime'scrazy zero-gravity driving up mountains, through the air and super leap through the air.

The sword was fine, tho.

20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It reminded me of the scene in season one where Bulkhead and Breakdown slammed melee weapons together and created that shockave, only imagine the shockwave cut the glacier in half and was accompanied by energy effects, or to a lesser extent Hardshell hitting Wheeljack hard enough to also cause shockwaves.