The relation between Egypt and The Fallen in TFTM2

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

These feelings have been growing for me for a while now, so here I am expressing them. It comes from descriptions of shooting in Egypt, talk of The Fallen, and now I feel is being reinforced by the TFTM2 packaging the universe Superion has just been seen in (involving heiroglyphs, etc.).

I have this huge feeling that Egypt and Egyptian legend is the key to TFTM2: The Fallen is a robot/robots that visited earth back in Egyptian golden days, provided the advancements that led to Egyptian civilization (heiroglyphs, math, astronomy, architecture, etc.) and the building of the pyramids (which are really technology for use of the robots, space bridges to cybertron or whatever), then The Fallen went offline or froze up for some reason (purposeful or accidental) and now in TFTM2 gets woken up again and busts out of a pyramid to make his/their debut. Oh and by the way the Egyptian cultural style is a product of this contact and the Pharaoahs' helmets and dress and the very idea of a Pharoah come from The Fallen, who was Egypt's first Pharoah (and became the worshiped God RA) and whose likeness all succeeding Pharoahs imitated.

When the movie comes out you can all come yell at me for spoiling it for you. :thumbs2:  (this is just a guess, but I am REALLY starting to feel it).

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  2. lightdestroyed

lightdestroyed Stronger than all!

Sounds like it could work.

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Not a bad theory.

4. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    i had a similar thought, though more along the lines of the fallen being an exile from cyberton and setting himself up as a god, before shutting down from a lack of energy, the pyramids being some attempts to harness energy, and his body being inside one which starts the whole pharoah's tomb thing

then again that's assuming the fallen is a single character which i'm still skeptical about at this point in time

5. Sideways

Sideways Banned

Walk like an Egyptian...transformer.

interesting idea Paradigm..

6. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

That's actually really good, it sounds a lot like something that could happen given the plot of the first movie, the "gave Egyptians technology" part in particular. Plus, I really like the idea of the pyramids being secret space bridges.

7. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe the pyramids are just allspark cube stuck sidways in the ground.

8. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Interesting... sounds good. :thumb 

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Sounds like it could work. I mean it worked well enough for the Stargate series and would fit into the crazy theories of aliens must have built the great monuments of Egypt. Would be even cooler if The Fallen has some of that Egyptian flair to stand out from the Autobots and Decepticons.

Hum, maybe The Fallen planted the seeds of knowledge into early human societies and then went into some energy saving mode waiting for the day when the humans would advance enough for him to recharge. Perhaps the All Spark getting fragged is what caused him to awaken.

10. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Google egyptian helicopter and space craft hieroglyphs and you'll find they have a wealth of unexplained symbols discovered to use even to fit the story.

11. Omega Charge

Omega Charge CHARGE ON

News Credits:
    Sounds like an awesome plot.

I would love to see the Fallen burst out of a pyramid.

12. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

he could even be have some kind of beast looking alt. which would explain the sphinx.

-Jazz

13. mulanzo

mulanzo Dinobot

I have some sneaking suspicion that Scorponok plays some role with the pyramids. He goes MIA in the middle of some middle easter desert in the first movie. I could see it being possible that it somehow finds its way into the pyramids and discovers something there. Scorpions in Egyptian mythology are associated with the Trickster god. The Scorpion Seth lured his brother Osiris into a tomb where he was trapped and killed. Maybe Scorponok will be tracked into the pyramids where the arrival of autobots or whoever triggers the awakening of the Fallen who then tries to kill them...or something. There is also that possibility that the alt mode for Scorponok is the Rock as the Scorpion King.

14. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    I guess it meshes well with observations that the movie Transformers have "Anthropomorphic" stylised heads. (ie Decepticons have bug heads). But only if you consider depictions of Egyptian deities to be literal, and not iconography.

Still it would probably work with an Indiana Jonesish romanticism, using classic 5th element/Stargate sci-fi foundations.

Edit. As long as It doesn't have that Paul WS Anderson flavour to it. AVP strayed too far off the path

15. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
  16. Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo Bonecrusher Hates You

News Credits:
    As an archaeology student who's done papers on these things, I can tell you with absolute certainty that it's all a lot of bru-ha-ha over absolutely nothing.

Not a single thing in those various legends about the Pyramids is true. (Heck, the Pyramids weren't even built by slaves, and certainly not by the Israelites - the Israelites came almost a 1000 years later and worked under Ramses II)

Now, all that said, I have no problem exploiting the mysterious in obvious fiction. That's what fiction is for! I think the pyramids would be a great place for a final battle.

17. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    And the next movie is actually going to be a prequel about how an alien comes to egypt and rules over them. Hey, wait, that was Stargate!! :D 

18. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I started theorizing the pyramids being a prison for the Fallen back in September.

19. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

:lol :lol 

20. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    The whole Egypt= aliens thing is getting old in movies; Stargate, 5th Element, Alien vs Predator (south america)